GSS cylinder work

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
south central hoon

GSS cylinder work

Post by south central hoon »

Just wanted to post a report on my dealing with Glen at GSS. I just did a
complete rebuild top and bottom.

I drove out to Palmdale on a Saturday morning and Glen took my worn out crooked cylinder and cleaned it up really nice.

It only took a couple of hours.

I'm running a Pro-x cast piston at .002 skirt clearance and I can tell you this motor is crisp and makes really nice power.

The hoon deal for parts and labor is unbeatable. Besides that just getting
to hang with the legend was a stone cold pleasure.

Thanks again Glen!
Last edited by south central hoon on July 20th, 2010, 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Your experience seems to be inline with just about everyone else's.

GSS is definatly a Hoon's friend....

:D
south central hoon

Post by south central hoon »

AlisoBob wrote:Your experience seems to be inline with just about everyone else's.

GSS is definatly a Hoon's friend....

:D
Yep, its not often that you can walk into a shop with worn out shit, and walk out the same day with bitchen fresh parts.

i forgot how good a 500 can run with some compression. :shock: mine blew 80lbs before i tore it down. :oops:
Algava

Post by Algava »

I don't like Q&E and want Glen to do my work.
I emailed him on Friday but no response.
I thought he wasn't in Palmdale anymore.
What's his #.
glen howell

Post by glen howell »

Last edited by glen howell on December 11th, 2010, 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
EastTexas2Stroker

Post by EastTexas2Stroker »

Glen did my worn out 2001 cr500 jug. Needed a completely new sleeve and Glen did the race porting job. Tremendous power, in fact, so much power I put the largest 19 inch rear tire I could find on it. Having to rejet the PJ carb and get it right with the new mods. It is a project bike. Everything except the motor is a CRF450R. I like the 450 but it is almost too light for this set up. Will post some photos when it is dialed in perfect. Would highly recommend Glen and he was kind enough to give me the banned rider discount. He had been sidelined by the doctors but when he was cleared to go, did the job right on time. It is a screamer and I have ridden large Maicos and Huskys in the past, and ride BMW K1300GT on the streets, but nothing like this exlosive power and love the modern suspension and brakes as compared to the old days. Just hope the widow maker doesn't send me to the big motorcycle heaven in the sky, but hell, you only live once!!