anyone ever been bit by a brown recluse?

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
dannygraves

anyone ever been bit by a brown recluse?

Post by dannygraves »

SO, on monday I was taking care of the back yard, fixed the sprinklers, cleaned up the dog shit and ripped out a dead tree. Well, that night while the wife was giving me a "special" shower, as she calls it, she notices what looks like the worlds largest zit on my leg. She tried to pop it and things just started getting worse.
I ignored it until thursday when it started turning blcak and blue and turned into a hole in my skin. The exterminator also came by on tuesday and there was a big dead brown recluse on the back patio after he sprayed. After some research I figured out it was a brown recluse bite and by yesterday afternoon, I was in a lot of pain, so I went to the urgent care. They gave me some hardcore antibiotics which make me feel like crap and my leg seems to be getting worse :roll: everything I've read has said that there isn't a damn thing you can do except antibiotics.
just wondering if anyone here has had any similar experiences.
I am lucky though, it appears to be a mild case, I see some poeple onlike who lose a 5" diameter chunk of meat.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

This should heal up fine in a few days.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

dude, that is gross, mine is a hard red spot about the diameter of a 50 cent peice that looks like a volcano with a hole a little ove 1/4" in diameter in the middle.
I was just doing more research and I guess both the desert and brown recluse spiders like to live in dead tree bark, and I did pull a dead tree that day and had both on my feet in the hole it came out of while digging it out. I'm guessing thats when it happened. I don't think mine will get much worse since 5 days have passed and its still relatively small, that guy with the thumb got a nasty one and most of that skin was gone by day 3.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

wouldnt you be dead if it was brown rekluse ? probly just a misquito bite :lmao:
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

people RARELY die from spider bites of any kind. Recluse spiders toxis cause necrotic tissue like the thumb in the picture. only a small child or weak elderly person is at risk of death and that is from the way the human immune system reacts and it can cause platelt and red blood cell count issues which can cause kidney and liver failure. Most recluse bites are like what I have, an annoying and gross sore which will take a long ass time to heal. I'm mostly just pissed that I missed out on riding today over it.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
britincali

Post by britincali »

One bit my buddy on the back of his hand, he dint do shit for 2 days then went to the doc. They opened him up from the tip of his middle finger to his wrist.

Its the compatment syndrome that kills limbs.

Almost lost his hand and hes still healing a year later, looked just like bobs pic only longer.
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

You may need a skin graft. The skin dies at the site of the bite.
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

yep ive got a 1/4 -3/8"hole in my ankle I just placed a pice of raw red meat over the bite the next morning and taped it there i changed it durning the next few days and took a bunch of tetracycline for the next week or so it happend 12 years ago and you can still see the spot.
Good luck bro
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
glen howell

Post by glen howell »

Go to the drug store and get something called "anti-flogestine" you heat it in microwave till soft and plyable apply it on the spider bite ,It's a drawing salve it will draw all the poision out and bring it to a head. Thoes recluse bites are bad .If you go to DR. he will give you lot's of anti-botics. I would go to DR. anyway I had one a few years back and it was like a boil when it came to a head the core was nasty, but the salve was the answer it drawed all the poison out.Glen
gas is for washing parts, alcohol is for drinking,nitro is for racing
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

thanks guys. The doc gave me 2 types of hardcore antibiotics, so now I have a headache and can't stop shitting :roll: the wound seems to have stopped growing.
Glen, thx, I'm see if I can find that.

One thing everyone keeps saying is that they take forever to heal :?
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

Good Luck to you Danny.

A funny note. As I was reading your initial post, I couldn't understand what all that had to do with a CLUTCH!!!!!!!! :roll:
'We are motorcycle people; we walk tall and we laugh at whatever’s funny. We shit on the chests of the Weird….' HST
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

HAHA, yeah, thats reCluse not reKluse, it is a little ironic through considering recent board threads.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
TYSTYX

Post by TYSTYX »

My friends sister got bit by one on her arm....it was nasty. Her arm looked like the pic Bob posted but the wound was about 8 inches long.
99 CR500R
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR Fireblade

My Drinking team has a Racing problem !

dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

the antibiotics have turned my life into this:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
jbird_710

Post by jbird_710 »

A friend of mine that worked for Galveston Honda lived close to the shop and rode his bike to work through a couple of fields; often wearing shorts. He got nailed by one on the back of his calf and it didn't get as bad as the thumb picture; but, looked like a really bad staph infection. They ended up doing a skin graph on him - took the better part of a year to look anywhere near normal.
'87 CR500R / (2) '01 CR500R / '02 MPS CR500R AF / '06 XR650R / '06 XR650L / '01 XR400R / '01 FLHTCUI / '04 CRF 450R / '84 CR500R / '89 Transalp /'05 CRF450X / '02 XR200R
Jay Birdsong

Don't you know about the Bird?
nmdesertrider

Post by nmdesertrider »

Just be glad it didn't bite your pecker.
03 CRF450/85 500
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

LOL! yeah, I've got a weird looking scar, but otherwise all is back to normal :wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80