Goodbye magnaflow bullets hello bassani

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
britincali

Goodbye magnaflow bullets hello bassani

Post by britincali »

The 14" magnaflow race bullets finally got to me so I picked up a bassani catback of a lightning and fitted it today.

Fukin BEAUTIFUL!!! No where near as loud as the maggys and damn near zero cab drone, it just sounds like mute power now I LOVE it!!!!

Before....

After....

Love the side exit too :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

y dont you chuck the cat, mine was gone in the first week i got my truck,
aparently i gained 2 hp and i know i gained 3 mpg, therefore i am reducing emmisions by burning less fuel
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
britincali

Post by britincali »

It already has bassani mid pipes with hi-flow cats :wink:

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
britincali

Post by britincali »

Heres my mod list...

4lb lower,2.9 upper, Steigmeier Stg 4 ported blower, C&L plenum, Factory tech 2CR transmission valve body, K+N FIPK, Bassani hi flow mids, Bassani catback, X-pipe, TR-6,JLP Longbars, Dynojet WBC, LFP idler.

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

high flow cats<NO CAT :roll: cheaper too

what is the 1/4 time??

or do you have that aircare BS where you need emissions garbage
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
britincali

Post by britincali »

Gotta pass smog here in cali.

No cats vs Hi flows is 0 hp gain unless you are 600 horse+ which im not.

Never ran it down the quater but my buddy has pretty much the same mods (mines a little faster when we line up) and he pulls mid 12s all day at the track with slicks.

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
90cr500guy

Post by 90cr500guy »

When are they going to come out with a ford package harley?
Brit's queer
britincali

Post by britincali »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

Brit I like the sound of the mags better but I can see how they could easily become annoying, the bassani's still sound aggressive though and look a lot cooler in front of the rear tire. I have one question how did you get a hold of the high flow cats, aren't they illegal in Cali? I'm interested to know because I've been looking to get some
-Jake

britincali

Post by britincali »

Yea they are illegal in CA but as long as the smog guy doesnt get all anal on the visual they will pass smog as they still work for the tailpipe sniffer.

I ordered mine from a place called lightning force performance and they shipped right to my door.

You should be able to get hi flow almost anywhere online.

Ive passed smog twice now, the last time the smog guy asked me "are those stock?" I said "Yup yup right from the factory" he gave me a look and then carried on with the test :lol: :lol: :lol:

The magnalow sounded bitchin when free revving the motor but once under load had a horrible glasspack towel flapping in the wind sound, the bassanis however just sound like a damn healthy V8 :D

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

britincali wrote:Yea they are illegal in CA but as long as the smog guy doesnt get all anal on the visual they will pass smog as they still work for the tailpipe sniffer.

I ordered mine from a place called lightning force performance and they shipped right to my door.

You should be able to get hi flow almost anywhere online.

Ive passed smog twice now, the last time the smog guy asked me "are those stock?" I said "Yup yup right from the factory" he gave me a look and then carried on with the test :lol: :lol: :lol:

The magnalow sounded bitchin when free revving the motor but once under load had a horrible glasspack towel flapping in the wind sound, the bassanis however just sound like a damn healthy V8 :D

out of every muffler i have heard, FLOWMASTER gives some of the best sound......IMO
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
britincali

Post by britincali »

I had a flowmaster 50 series dual in dual out on it for 6 months, sounded bitchin at idle, ok freerevving and like a fukin jet engine at WOT, cab drone was horrific.

Without the drone and weird jet sound it would have been perfect.
Last edited by britincali on June 24th, 2010, 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
britincali

Post by britincali »

In 4 years im on my 4th exhaust setup lol

1. Stock
2. Flowmaster
3. Magnaflow
4. Bassani

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

britincali wrote:In 4 years im on my 4th exhaust setup lol

1. Stock
2. Flowmaster
3. Magnaflow
4. Bassani

Flowmaster 40's are the only way to fly......

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
britincali

Post by britincali »

I just did a bit of research and the flowmaster I had before was a super 40 DI/DO 2.5". As I posted before massive cab drone and weird jet sound.....

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

Flowmasters sound like you're beating the inside of a tin can with a stick.

Borla has always been my fav. Although those tips they came with years back were funky.
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

britincali wrote:I just did a bit of research and the flowmaster I had before was a super 40 DI/DO 2.5". As I posted before massive cab drone and weird jet sound.....
i never liked the dual mufflers...your better off with one big single in/out, or two individuals.....

as for cab drone...yeah....they are a bit irritating....best bet is to stick them under the rear of the vehicle instead of under the cab...it helps a lot.

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

I recently put a MBRP cat back system on my f-150, I absolutely love it, nice clean, yet agressive tone, not too noisy inside and fit and finish were nice as well. I had a flowmaster 50 with a side exit before and like chris said, it sounded good at idle and free reving, but under a load it was a headache machine and wot it sounded like an air line just broke.
Plus I've seen more rusted out flowmasters than anything else, junk IMO.
A guy at work got an MBRP system for his new camaro SS and it sounds so fucking good it gives me a hard-on!
I've been in a lot of cars w. magnaflows and although they seem to be of top quality construction, they are very loud inside the cab and under a moderate load they sound like open pipes outside, but they sound bitchen at WOT.
I'm a big fan of borla, I had a borla on my starion and it had a nice throaty sound at idle and just sounded good and clean at all times. That car sounded like a $6 digit supercar with that exhaust on :wink:

oh, one other thing about MBRP, they sell every exhaust system in 3 configurations, 2 different flavors of SS and aluminized, which I really like, I had no need to go SS on my truck, especially since I live in vegas and its a 4x4 truck, not a show peice, so I got the aluminized system which is the exact same system as the 2 ss flavors, but just in mild steel, so I get the same performance and sound, but the whole cat back in 3 1/2" goian all the way back cost me $280.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80