Red Wings vs. Duckaloos

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
Ported&Polished

Red Wings vs. Duckaloos

Post by Ported&Polished »

Red Wings are looking good, Ducks need to get going tonight. I like the Ducks because I'm from socal, but the Wings are definetely one of the teams I would like to see win it all. I noticed that when the Wings play at home they have an advantage due to the fact that they know their ice better than anyone else. If anyone here ever played ice hockey they know that home ice conditions vary greatly from rink to rink. And the Joe Lewis arena is one of the trickest patches of ice around. First off, it plays really slow compared to the Ducks ice. It looked like the ice was really dry and slow and the ducks just didn't know how to adapt. They couldn't pass well, the puck recognition was way off, meaning they would out skate the puck alot. If you watch the Wings passing, they pass the puck very hard because that's the only way to get the puck to move on the ice. Tonight at the Pond, the puck and the skaters wll be flying around because the ice is nearly perfect. My guess is the scoring is going to be high tonight, I'm gonna go nutty and say 10 goals will be scored. I'm gonna guess 7 to 3 final score.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
kkvslayer

Post by kkvslayer »

I wanna see a Detroit/Chicago west final so I'm hoping the wings take it
1994 Heartless CR500R
1986 KX500
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

I want to see the Ducks take the series. Detroit is one of those teams you love to hate cause they are always in it. :P
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

Dead Wings suck donkey cock.
DesertCR

Post by DesertCR »

The wings are the Yankees of Hockey, they're always at the top or close to it. Go Ducks even though I'm a long time Kings fan (they have stunk for quite a while). I didnt know the ice conditions varied that much, good to know.
bigpower

Post by bigpower »

Guess when the best GM in the league only has a high school education, certainly cant be a stockbroker.

Good scouting

Phenominal draft picks (like 2nd and later rounds, aka Zetterburg, Franzen, Helm...the list could go on and on)

A pretty dern good coach(I WAS NOT a big fan of Mike Babcock, is this the donkey cock that was mentioned?)

The best owner in sports(Superstars willing to take less money to be a part of a winning organization aka Hossa)

Why the F**K did I go to trade school? :x

Damn! :(

An Original 6 Conference final will rock kk!
An Original 6 Cup Final would really kick ass.
Kalkaska, the inbred capital of Michigan. ....a place you can walk into the greeting card aisle and find one that reads "Happy Birthday Uncle Dad"
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

They were more fun to hate during the Yzerman-Bowman era. Now it's just blehh.
bigpower

Post by bigpower »

Exnav wrote:They were more fun to hate during the Yzerman-Bowman era. Now it's just blehh.
Hey, Yzerman was a hell of a player. People go on and on about King Pillow Biter Gretzky, but Stevie warnt afraid to muck it up. Captain of the same team for 22 seasons, impressive numbers, he earned everything he got.
Bowman will go down as one of the greatest coaches ever. I didn't really care for him much, either, but he got it done.

Oh well, its game 7 at the Joe, being a season ticket holder, I'll be there. Look for me, 4 rows off the glass, in the corner. I'm the goon with the hair down to his ass. I'll wear my "Please Tell Your Tits To Stop Staring At My Eyes" t-shit
Kalkaska, the inbred capital of Michigan. ....a place you can walk into the greeting card aisle and find one that reads "Happy Birthday Uncle Dad"
Ported&Polished

I have to be honest, game 7's give me heart trouble. I had to stop watching playoffs regularly because of it. Anyway, man what a defensive job them Ducks did last night. It's next to impossible to get in the way of a pro skater but they did just that. They clogged up the middle superbly, and at the start of the 3rd period they withstood a frantic Wings pace and held on by the skin of their teeth. I'm not sure I can watch that game 7, but Bigpower, enjoy your seat, even though you will only be sitting on the edge of it! :o
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
Ported&Polished

DesertCR wrote:I'm a long time Kings fan (they have stunk for quite a while). I didnt know the ice conditions varied that much, good to know.
Well check this out. Back in the early 90's I had several opertunities to play on the ice at the Forum, and it sucked! What happens is, after a game, the arena turns off all the air conditioners and the arena becomes unbarably hot. The ice becomes a slurpy, and you just skate in slow motion. Ice conditions for pro games is a critticle part of the teams success or lack there of. I've heard that in Detroit the outside temps during mid May become very hot and humid and when the Joe recieves deliveries all day long the ice suffers. Then they open the doors for fans to come in, and the temps rise even more. If the Wings win another championship this year, I'd say it was high time they built a modern arena. :wink:
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
bigpower

Post by bigpower »

Ported&Polished wrote: I'm not sure I can watch that game 7, but Bigpower, enjoy your seat, even though you will only be sitting on the edge of it! :o
No shit!

Not one of the best games I've ever been to as far as officiating, but still no place for a nervous person.

I usually only have 2 big ones(Beers) when I go to the games, but last night was a 4 biggie. I had to go hide on the concours, and tried to cover it up by makin it look like I was just gettin beer :lol:

Hawks up next, should be a good series. I love this Original Six stuff. More history will be made between these to longtime rivals.

Gonna miss game 1 Sunday, as riding to Moorestown and back takes precedence :wink: