Express YOUR point, no pissing matches.

List sources whenever possible!
teemtrubble

The second American revolution

Post by teemtrubble »

Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

NICE FIND MIKE :cool:
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

I wish this guy ran for President!
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
eyesky2002

Post by eyesky2002 »

Wow... Some hard truths. Thanks Mike!
"When your riding your living... Everything else is just waiting!"

MXMotoworx.com
2003 Honda CR500AF
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I think that the USA is doomed.

Ask Brit about the decline of the UK

Same difference....

Parents in my neighborhood are teaching there kids spanish... " To be able to survive in America"

Bullshit.

I'm teaching my kids what country to move to, to have the best chance of economic prosparity for the next 50 years.
Last edited by AlisoBob on August 13th, 2008, 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
britincali

Post by britincali »

Paki bastards everywhere back home now, the birmingham accent is now "bud bud bading" :evil:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
ou812

Post by ou812 »

I'm teaching my kids what country to move to
Where? as it appears the world is very small at this point.
Justin B

Post by Justin B »

Coming soon to a country near you...the North American Union....and the Amero....and fucking spanish!!!
britincali

Post by britincali »

AlisoBob wrote:

I'm teaching my kids what country to move to, to have the best chance of economic prosparity for the next 50 years.

That would be saudi bob.

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

Lot of truth to that vid. I hope the US isnt fukd yet.
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

MICK

Post by MICK »

We're fucked...I'm down for a revolution right now! Without a major turnaround soon, I'll easily live to see the fall of the US. I will pay China taxes before my time comes. The United States of America...shortest lived nation in history.
'03 CR500 powered by...umm...a new motor?
MICK

Post by MICK »

oops...
Last edited by MICK on August 14th, 2008, 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

I have the strongly held belief that America - while deeply challenged and in need of some major changes in policy - is and will remain the best place to live in the World. There are plenty of other nice places to live, but you'll be trading freedom for economic opportunity (China, Russia, India etc.) or being "looked after" through high taxes for economic advancement (Denmark, Netherlands, France etc.).

A bit like an alcoholic, America needs to first accept that it does not have the economic or geo-political power to behave like an Empire any more. Rather we need to look on the world stage as a competition in which ideas and skills are the weapons of choice rather than military adventures (Iraq, Iran, what next Russia?).

If people want to vote for these ideas, come here and be productive, let them. Frankly I think sometimes there are immigrants like myself that care more about the potential decline of America than native-born Americans who seem to be clueless to what's going on - look up "boiling frog" for an explanation. BTW, immigration is not the problem - subsidizing immigration through entitlements is the problem. Make "buying in" and becoming a citizen easier, but raise the assimilation bar so folks need to learn English, and understand American culture, values and history. Multi-culturalism is OK if you want to find a new restaurant, but no strategy to build and maintain a Nation with a strong sense of community and belonging.

The fundamental problem is government, its style and size. Too much trying to look after everyone at our expense. The Republicans are over-influenced by social conservatives and have abdicated their role of fiscal responsibility. At least the Democrats are honest and consistent; you know that they want to erode your personal freedom (the nanny state) and have you pay for the privilege. Both parties share responsibility for the erosion of God-given rights enshrined in the Constitution; warrant-less wiretaps, torture, imprisonment with right to trial, flipping off Congressional subpoenas, re-districting, or what-have-you.

But the bottom line is the American people deserve better than this and once woken up can catalyze change. The need to draw down personal and government debt is going to have to be paid for longer-term through higher taxes or inflation. Either way for some (most?) times will be tough, but as I said above rather here than somewhere else.

Sorry for the lengthy rant, but I have more time on my hands this week...
Last edited by redrocket190 on August 14th, 2008, 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

I think I might have a crush on you Mike and I have to say that your the only one I know who proudly displays as many Star Spangled Banners as me but, your still a wanker!
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
britincali

Post by britincali »

You've outdone yourself Mr. Stiles, well put :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
MICK

Post by MICK »

:lol: yes much more optimistic than me...

I'm the doom and gloom kind of guy. It's either sunshine or a hurricane. I look at things from on down the road. This is where we are now, and this is how fast we got there. It wouldn't take another 100 years like this for America to disolve itself into global obscurity.

But folks like you Redrocket give me hope. The more of you (and basically all of this forums members) let guys like me know I'm not alone. I'm not the only one who wants "healthy, productive...long lasting change".

I do hope this country pulls it's head out of it's ass, start taking care of ourselves for a change. And politicians stop running their suck and start doing their job. Which is working for us! We tell them what to do, and how to do it. It's their job we so graciously elected them into to make that happen.
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Well said Mike.

Its to bad that the educational system has dumbed down kids of today, hell even I have been but no more. Even TV shows have turned men into Wuss'. Being a Wuss is a major attraction killer for woman as well.

I put that on proride, we'll see what happens.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I'm moving to the lunar surface.....
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Ah, so you do listen to Coast to Coast am. :lol:

Its secret society night ya know.
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

This country rocks imo. We can go where we want any time we want. We can do anything we want. We have the ability to get an education, make good and great money. We drive fancy rigs, live in sweet homes, buy all kinds of toys. We have the freedom to go online, plan rides, our fuel costs are low compared to most countries. We have entertainment of all kinds, lots of hot women running around, a strong military, good law enforcement. I can't see any reason to move to another country other than to retire. Shoot I think I'm going to buy a large sailboat soon and travel around, try doing that in Russia, Iraq, Iran etc.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

Here is your average group of Americans on a regular weekend.
And here is your average group of people in another country on a Saturday
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
MICK

Post by MICK »

It's loosing this lifestyle I'm affraid of. A man running for president right now would like to turn your nice riding area into a bird sanctuary.