Express YOUR point, no pissing matches.

List sources whenever possible!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Mexico, Land of Enlightened Souls......

Post by AlisoBob »

Execution prompts concern for detained Mexicans

By JORGE VARGAS, Associated Press Writer 40 minutes ago

NUEVO LAREDO, Mexico - Mexico is protesting the execution of one of its citizens in Texas despite a world court ruling for a new hearing, expressing concern for the rights of other Mexicans detained in the United States.

Mexico's Foreign Relations Department said it sent a note of protest to the State Department about Jose Medellin's case, which drew international attention because of allegations that Medellin wasn't allowed to consult the Mexican consulate for legal help following his arrest.

Texas executed Medellin, 33, late Tuesday for the 1993 rape and killing of two teenage girls in Houston.

Medellin was convicted of participating in the gang rape, beating and strangling of Elizabeth Pena, 16, and Jennifer Ertman, 14. Prosecutors said he and five fellow gang members attacked the girls as they were walking home on a June night, raped and tortured them for an hour, then kicked and stomped them before using a belt and shoelaces to strangle them.

"I'm sorry my actions caused you pain. I hope this brings you the closure that you seek. Never harbor hate," Medellin said to those gathered to watch him die. "Never harbor hate."

In Nuevo Laredo, Mexico, where Medellin was born, a small group of his relatives condemned the execution.

"This is another murder because no one has the right to take someone else's life, only God," said Medellin's cousin Reyna Armendariz.

A large black bow and a banner that read "No to the death penalty ... may God forgive you," hung from an iron fence in the front of the house where Medellin lived before moving to the United States at the age of 3.

Armendariz said the family hopes Medellin's body would be return to Mexico.

"He signed a paper saying he wanted his remains to go to a friend. Who knows if they will bring him here," Armendariz said sobbing.

The Mexican government statement said officials "were concerned for the precedent that (the execution) may create for the rights of Mexican nationals who may be detained in that country."

An international court ruled in 2004 that the convictions of Medellin and 50 other Mexicans on death row around the United States violated the Vienna Convention, which calls for people arrested abroad to have access to their home country's consular officials.

Texas state officials say Medellin didn't ask to do so until well after he was convicted of capital murder.

The International Court of Justice, also known as the world court, said the Mexican prisoners should have new court hearings to determine whether the violation affected their cases.

President Bush asked states to review the cases, but the U.S. Supreme Court ruled earlier this year neither the president nor the international court can force Texas to wait.

___

Associated Press Writer Olga R. Rodriguez in Mexico City contributed to this report.

FUCK

YOU

MEXICO
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

fuck yeah! go texas!
:D :D
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
ou812

Post by ou812 »

I could not care less what country your from, if you're gonna do that shit you should be put to death.
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

1. Did he enter the country and stay legally?
2. Why was he not offered access to the Mexican Consul pro-actively if only to avoid this kind of distraction afterward?
3. Does not offering access to the appropriate Consul here in the USA affect the way that US citizens will be treated if arrested in other countries? (assuming they are one of the 108 signatories to the Convention)

I am not questioning the case itself. I think this legal challenge is an obvious response of a country - like many - that does not support the death penalty. However wouldn't it be nice if the USA got back to respecting the letter and principle of the law, including treaties.
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

redrocket190 wrote:1. Did he enter the country and stay legally?
:lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

p.s., The Death Penalty friggin' rules....
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

redrocket190 wrote:1. Did he enter the country and stay legally?
2. Why was he not offered access to the Mexican Consul pro-actively if only to avoid this kind of distraction afterward?
3. Does not offering access to the appropriate Consul here in the USA affect the way that US citizens will be treated if arrested in other countries? (assuming they are one of the 108 signatories to the Convention)

I am not questioning the case itself. I think this legal challenge is an obvious response of a country - like many - that does not support the death penalty. However wouldn't it be nice if the USA got back to respecting the letter and principle of the law, including treaties.
Mike who cares! I'm personally glad that fucking piece of shit is dead!
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

The laws of the United States are the laws of the land.

If the crime is committed here, then the law applies....tough shit.

We have going to have our justice system bend over to appease Mexico?

No fuckin way!
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

:applaud:
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

That's a stance, but if taken means you don't have those expectations when your citizens are abroad - visiting China maybe? - and then of course there's no need to sign a treaty. The handling of this case just presented a club to a quasi-failed state like Mexico to then hit the USA in the international court of public opinion. For no obvious good reason.
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

I'll keep that in mind when I'm traveling abroad when I rape and murder a couple girls or guys what ever flavor I'm feeling that day afterwards I'll ask to speak to my Consular officials. He was convicted of Rape and Murder and I don't care what race, color, creed, religon, sect or fucking country they're from this is the United States of America! If I did this or any of you we would not get any other special treatment this is a Capitol crime were talking about! I know some of you won't like my stance or opinion on this but, frankly I don't give a shit. Rape and Murder one of my kids and your best hope is that you get the Death sentence.

Sorry I got a little carried away....
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

TEXAS ROCKS :nanna: :applaud: :headbang: :woot: :cool:
'We are motorcycle people; we walk tall and we laugh at whatever’s funny. We shit on the chests of the Weird….' HST
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Death penalty for :

Rapists
Premetited acts of muder
Acts by those who prey on the elderly ( This includes "White Collar" crime as well)
Actions by a terrorist or traitor ( Selling plans of C-17's of cruise missles to the Chinese? See Ya!)
Cops who plant evidence ...

I could go on and on.....

Viva' la' Death Penalty!
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

teemtrubble wrote:I'll keep that in mind when I'm traveling abroad when I rape and murder a couple girls or guys what ever flavor I'm feeling that day afterwards I'll ask to speak to my Consular officials. He was convicted of Rape and Murder and I don't care what race, color, creed, religon, sect or fucking country they're from this is the United States of America! If I did this or any of you we would not get any other special treatment this is a Capitol crime were talking about! I know some of you won't like my stance or opinion on this but, frankly I don't give a shit. Rape and Murder one of my kids and your best hope is that you get the Death sentence.

Sorry I got a little carried away....
You did, but as a parent also I know where you are coming from.

My response clearly stated that the questions raised were not about that specific case. Perhaps we just need wait until an innocent American is arrested without due cause overseas and then we can pick back up.
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

AlisoBob wrote:Death penalty for :

Rapists
Premetited acts of muder
Acts by those who prey on the elderly ( This includes "White Collar" crime as well)
Actions by a terrorist or traitor ( Selling plans of C-17's of cruise missles to the Chinese? See Ya!)

Viva' la' Death Penalty!

ALISOBOB fo President :eatdrink:
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

lewisclan wrote:
AlisoBob wrote:Death penalty for :

Rapists
Premetited acts of muder

Viva' la' Death Penalty!

ALISOBOB fo President :eatdrink:
McDonnell Douglas selling used 5 axis milling machines to china in 1995 to name another.

There's a thing called jurisdiction. Every property has its defined turf. The Republic of Texas is just one of many. To bad Cali hasn't done the same thing. :x

Also;

1. The article says he moved here @ 3 years of age. So it implies it was legal. Regardless, it makes no differance.
2. There's an acnornim that goes "Rights not claimed are automaticly wavied." With the State educational system in america we are all in deep do do.
3. Sure, there will always be retailation, it just depends who one is dealing with and how much money one has.
Trinity Racing mild porting FMF
62 pilot, EGH needle, 172 main
03 Gen III CR250 frame

2013 Dodger Charger 5.7 Hemi

http://www.prisonplanet.com

Your Amsoil Customer # 350882