Canadian Border Rider

A quick "How ya'Do", and a photo would be nice.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Canadian Border Rider

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

Hey guys, I live in Miami, Manitoba. just a spec on the map 25 miles North of the U.S. border.
Glad to see this site!
My Family Farm is 6800 acres, above and below the escarpment, and pretty much the only hill or valley ground east or west for a ways.
We use Caterpillar equipment on the farm, and have a Toromont Cat division renting a corner office of our engine shop in Winkler.
We get to alot of dirt circle track races to support our customers that range from churchill, and eskimo point (ya, theres drag racing way north) to florida. Vancoover drag boat and circle track customers, down to eastern Ontario's cirlce tracks and drags. We do alot of work for customers thru the U.S. aswell, altho our website has no results posted this year we have many track champions in many classes.
Dad rode 500's back in the day, my bro and i got 250's 4 years ago. Dad broke the 13 year retirement of riding and bought an '01 500. wasn't long til we realized we needed a way more power and I got an '88, bro a '91. I got an '86 engine as a potential af conversion project, but have yet to find a chassis. got another '86 from a buddy whos dad forgot he had it out at his old farm til the new owners called and told him to come get the crap outta the barn.
My buddy broke a leg riding in an indoor arena in january, didnt ride all year cuz of the gimp, sold the gasgas250 he had, and friday bought an 98 500 on e-bay. We try to get to a few hillclimbs every year, spectated at billings (drool!) rode fordville (10 days into having the 500).
There's always been bikes arround home, I have 4 family members within 2.5 miles of the 110yr Family farm, all riders. We own property that in the '80's was on the motocross circuit, and the Canadian MX Pro riders have told us the track beside my driveway is the best outdoor track in Canada.
My lil cuz takes to the valley every chance he gets, but is a busy kid. Hes 14 and races KTM's as a pro. Rode Marco Dube's bike to a 14th place finish in the Montreal Supercross, his first supercross.

I have a photobucket page where I've been posting alot of pics of the internal trans and case parts along with a few diagrams showing the differences of the 500 engine thru the years. I have the '86 and '91 apart stil, waiting on a bearing for the '91 and a trans washer on the '86. I hope to help out with any spec questions on the engine for interchageability and measurements, I've got alot of info gathered from having 4 apart and a digital caliper.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

Welcome, I recognise you from the othersite.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
ou812

Post by ou812 »

Welcome
Nodge

Post by Nodge »

Send me a PM if you're ever near Estevan.
Good trails out here. Small track at estevan and a bigger, more sandy type track at Weyburn.
Yah, I'm from Saskatchetoon!

MRE 02 250/500 conversion, pulse injector, twirp porting, coolhead, MRE ignition, blah blah blah blah... www.millarengines.com
britincali

Post by britincali »

Welcome!
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Hellbear