Checking In From NM

A quick "How ya'Do", and a photo would be nice.
G FORCE

Checking In From NM

Post by G FORCE »

Though I've already made one 'noob' thread asking for advice, but thought I'd introduce myself properly. My name is Gabe and I reside in Albuquerque, NM. I currently ride an '07 YZ450F and have recently started to acquire bikes/parts for a Gen 1 AF. We do mostly open desert type trail riding with some dune riding occasionally. NM has a vast set of riding conditions with in reasonable driving distances...one good thing about this place!

YZ:

'86 Motor Donor

'98 CR250 Chassis Donor

Thanks for all the help already and look forward to hanging out.

Gabe
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

Welcome! And, in reading your other post about your first time on the 86 500 - it will have no issue beating the pants off the 450....once it hooks up. Wait till you try it in the sand. ;)
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Welcome aboard

Nice truck.....
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
G FORCE

Post by G FORCE »

hoofarted wrote:Welcome! And, in reading your other post about your first time on the 86 500 - it will have no issue beating the pants off the 450....once it hooks up. Wait till you try it in the sand. ;)
Thanks! I'm anxious to see that day come about. I'm sure with a paddle tire it would absolutely rip!
sabreguy wrote:Welcome aboard

Nice truck.....
Appreciate it. Thanks, it's my dad's '67. Great transport vehicle, holds 3 bikes and all the gear with the tailgate up! :)
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

Welcome :clink:
G FORCE

Post by G FORCE »

Thanks!

Wondering if you guys can point me in the right direction. I'm trying to acquire all the parts needed to swap the '86 motor into my gen 1 250 frame and have read posts here and there mentioning water pump and clutch upgrades from newer years? I can't seem to find any solid info on what I need. Is there anything else I should upgrade while the motor is out?
Gabe

'98/'86 AF Project
'07 YZ450F