Right side cover

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
FPMXer

Right side cover

Post by FPMXer »

I've read the threads till my eye's bled! But still haven't found a solid answer. I have an 88' engine. I just picked up a 96' cylinder and the goods off fleabay last night for a song. I got the kickstarter also. I know about the milling need to put that jug on my bottom end. My right side engine cover with the water pump outlets is trashed and needs to be replaced. With the newer cylinder I need to know which engine cover I need to buy that will bolt right on or will they all bolt right on with no issues? Again I have searched the shit out of this issue to no avail.
fastkart

Post by fastkart »

89 or newer.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

11340-ml3-910

Kuma

Post by Kuma »

I have a '89 with a magnesium case, I'll have to check the water outlet to verify that it is the correct year.
FPMXer

Post by FPMXer »

Thanks RM that's what I was looking for! I'm guessing the water pump covers are all the same then too?
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

waterpump covers are all the same, some of the 125 and 250 motors had the same covers, the shaft was different in 85, it had a steel gear, 86+ was nylon gear
FPMXer

Post by FPMXer »

Thanks again RM. I just ordered the new cover and hose from bikebandit for $160 shipped! After I aquire all my parts I'm gonna start the AFC build and will post the progress and pix.