Rekluse Z start Pro - the cats ass!

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
Hillbilly500

Post by Hillbilly500 »

Too each there own Guys... LOL As said some will love them, some won't But damn we are getting a we bit worked up.. here's some humor

Last edited by Hillbilly500 on March 28th, 2010, 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

M.F.D.B. wrote: Hey, not everyone deals with change well...
NO SHIT! Just ask, what 75% of the american populace how they are dealing with the "CHANGE" :lmao: :lmao:
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
StinkFinger

Post by StinkFinger »

Yeah man, There is no doubt that riding in the PNW is a lot different than most of the country. No way anybody is going to be seen with an auto-clutch in the woods around here... they just don't make sense.

I'm sure they work very well where there is no obstacles, and where twist and go is the name of the game... I'd get one in that environment.

Scott and Rob, leave these guys alone, it works for them!! Pussies! :D
bearorso

Post by bearorso »

The only reason I have used a Rekluse is that I have leg damage that means I can't use a foot brake. The left hand rear brake was what I was after. The leg damage is also the reason I make my decomp. set up and use my short KS levers. And the same reason I'll end up doing an ES for my bike.

I set up my rekluses with all the balls in TC, to make the uptake as abrupt as possible. The clutch doesn't slip. This means I loose much of the anti stall feature that many people want them for - it's give and take, and I set up my bike exactly how I want it.

If the latest version of the Clake - http://www.clake.com.au/ - would have been available, that is what I would have used.

The same thing goes for the new Revloc Dyna Ring - http://www.revloc.com/dirt/dyna-ring.html - ( subject to just how well they work) , as I've never been comfortable with having lost bump start ability. Thankfully, I've never needed it in the last 7 years, but........... So a Revloc is probably in my future.

As I run the clutch so tight, I still use the midget clutch lever I have, going into turns , when going backwards and forwards in tight stuff, marking new sections of tracks, getting revs up for Big logs and High rock splats ( my bike is used mainly in very tight, almost trials like terrain in my mountains here, there is nothing but 'obstacles' on most of my trails :lol: ), and of course, filling my mates in.

To blankly criticize people for using , or not using an auto / anti stall clutch is....................... wrong.

One thing you'll find out rapidly with using a auto / anti stall clutch on a CR500, is it won't take kindly to being used like an automatic gearbox. Because our bikes are so low revving ( quick revving, yes), compared to the vast majority of bikes out there, you'll rapidly trash your clutch / overheat the engine if you do ride like a doofus or a beginner and not use the gears/clutch correctly.

The way that I have my Pro set up, means that I would be better off with the EXP (although the shorty clutch lever might not work then , as the softer action at lower revs on a Pro enable it's ease of use), but if the Revloc Dyna Ring is as good as I think it might be, that's the one I'll be getting - kick or bump start - back to how it needs to be for peace of mind.

Here's how I have my levers set up:

I'll be buggered if I could get the re size option to take in my 'puter, so it's only a small pic .I used a Hayes MTB M/C and a Odyssey BMX lever (both modified extensively) combo for about 6 years, and recently changed to a Brembo lever and OEM Honda clutch lever for a change. The Brembo lever is re-done, as is the Honda lever. The clutch lever is only 10mm above the brake lever, you can use it without trapping your fingers with the brake lever, and it's natural feeling. I cover the clutch with one finger, the lightest touch on this brings back the anti stall feature of the Rekluse. A bit more of a pull enables you to use the clutch whichever way you want.
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

M.F.D.B. wrote:After riding my 450 with a Rekluse I can definitely say every cr500 should have a Rekluse!! I highly doubt anyone who has ridden with one would disagree...
I have nothing against guys who want to ride with autoclutches. If it works for you, fan-fuckin-tastic. I'm not going to think anything less of you. It's all about having fun, and if it makes it more fun for you, Aces. Doing that also makes it more fun for the guys you ride with. Fun is contagious, no?

My only point in this is: Really M.F.D.B.? You think you can speak for every CR500 rider? A simple "I really love mine" would not suffice? Guess what, I think you've just met a few who would disagree.

As for the Midol, yeah maybe. More like an antihistamine is in order. I went out for a nice long ride yesterday with my Dad. I think there's a type of tree out here that has started blooming because my allergies have flared up and I presently have a SPLITTING headache.

Peace M.F.D.B. I still like having you around.
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

Hillbilly500 wrote:Too each there own Guys... LOL As said some will love them, some won't But damn we are getting a we bit worked up.. here's some humor

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Check. Shutting TFU.
No longer have a CR500.
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

MojoScojo wrote:As for the Midol, yeah maybe. More like an antihistamine is in order. I went out for a nice long ride yesterday with my Dad. I think there's a type of tree out here that has started blooming because my allergies have flared up and I presently have a SPLITTING headache.

You big friggin' wuss......bet your Dad ain't whining!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

bearorso wrote: To blankly criticize people for using , or not using an auto / anti stall clutch is....................... wrong.
Amen.
No longer have a CR500.
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

sabreguy wrote:
MojoScojo wrote:As for the Midol, yeah maybe. More like an antihistamine is in order. I went out for a nice long ride yesterday with my Dad. I think there's a type of tree out here that has started blooming because my allergies have flared up and I presently have a SPLITTING headache.

You big friggin' wuss......bet your Dad ain't whining!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are correct sir.
No longer have a CR500.
kdizzle

Post by kdizzle »

Gotta love the pissing matches..

I ride 99% MX and believe the thing is perfect in that environment. Braking hard in choppy conditions trying to get into that rut perfectly is very tough with a cr500 clutch.

I dont care if you are a fucking gorilla (bob) the very light pull of the rekluse is beneficial to all riders.

I am 100%sure that riding the MX track makes the rider use that clutch ALOT more than woods riding, thus making the auto clutch more useful on the track, which is most likely while MFDB likes his as do I.

My motor is a GSS motor that has bumped compression and unless you are going 40 MPH down an asphault hill and can use 3rd you arent going to bump start that fucker. period.

I personally think the rekluse in the woods would be fucking fabulous. guess im just a rekluse fan boi :lol: :lol:

Maybe you guys just arent riding fast enough to see the advantages?

MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

kdizzle wrote:Gotta love the pissing matches..
Pissing match? Where? I simply took exception to the thought that every CR500 should have one.
kdizzle wrote:I am 100%sure that riding the MX track makes the rider use that clutch ALOT more than woods riding, thus making the auto clutch more useful on the track, which is most likely while MFDB likes his as do I.
Absolutely. In a purely digital sense. You either have it in or out, there is little need for fine control on the track.
kdizzle wrote:My motor is a GSS motor that has bumped compression and unless you are going 40 MPH down an asphault hill and can use 3rd you arent going to bump start that fucker. period.
Cool. Mine has Gorr's Mo' Betta. It blows 170 psi as I stated. Bump starts not a problem. YMMV.
kdizzle wrote:I personally think the rekluse in the woods would be fucking fabulous. guess im just a rekluse fan boi :lol: :lol:
A lot of guys do. I know of several. They're not the guys I have difficulty keeping pace with though.
kdizzle wrote:Maybe you guys just aren't riding fast enough to see the advantages?
Come play with me. :wink:

I'm no speed demon. I rarely get over 30 mph. I tend to average 12-15, but I'll make you work.

That's just it, you lose the fine off idle low speed control that can be critical for certain obstacles. I'd be real curious to know if any trials guys have tried one and know what they thought of it. It's not a huge deal, but it's enough to make me not interested in spending several hundred dollars on a problem I don't perceive having. Especially after having a riding buddy go through it and decide it just wasn't cutting it for him. Call me ignorant if you like, I have the same issue with buying a steering damper. It's a problem I don't perceive, therefore I'm not about to spend the money on one any time soon.
No longer have a CR500.
kdizzle

Post by kdizzle »

MojoScoto wrote:That's just it, you lose the fine off idle low speed control that can be critical for certain obstacles.

definately it has a different feel, its almost like 4x4'in your truck with an automatic transmission vs a manual. its just a different feel. with the manual you can feel what the tires/traction is doing through the clutch and stick, with the auto its through the chassis.

I would never call anyone ignorant. I had some problems riding my 500 in the environment i like and this helped me ride longer faster and have more fun thats all and im stoked on my 500 even more now. If you are happy with your 5hundy setup then by all means roost away!
kdizzle

Post by kdizzle »

A lot of guys do. I know of several. They're not the guys I have difficulty keeping pace with though.
Someone somewhere will whoop your ass in the trees with the rekluse, just like i get my ass whooped on the MX track by standard clutch users regularly. thats a moot point in my opinion.

Its all about getting a setup that works for you. The 500 is a bit more "nasty and raw" which makes the setup even that much more important IMO.
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

kdizzle wrote:Someone somewhere will whoop your ass in the trees with the rekluse
Make no mistake, this riding buddy of mine does exactly that, with or without the Rekluse. I have no illusions about being an exceptional rider as Rob says I am. Above average, certainly, exceptional, no.
No longer have a CR500.
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

:bash: Look guys, I'm not trying to piss in your Wheaties here. :shtf: I can appreciate how different technologies enhance your riding experience as well as anybody. Autoclutch, steering damper, decompressor, pipes, silencers, handlebars, grips, whatever. That's the beauty of it all. The CR500 is the most versatile machine I've come across. Because of that fact, I know people who do ALL different types of things with them. Hillclimbing, Dunes, Supermoto, MX, Desert racing, Enduro, what have you. Shit, I even know a guy who rides a CR500 like it was a goddamn trials bike. Is it the absolute best choice for any of them? Probably not, but it does very well at every fricken one of them. Same argument for any technology you may want to apply to it. It is not likely to be the best answer for every situation. That is all I ever wanted to point out. That and I just felt like M.F.D.B. needed to be poked with a stick. :poke:

Have I earned my :aholebadge: yet?

Ride on peeps! :whoop:
No longer have a CR500.
kdizzle

Post by kdizzle »

No worries man... but if you come in my neck of the woods im roosting you with my rekluse :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

kdizzle wrote:No worries man... but if you come in my neck of the woods im roosting you with my rekluse :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Were you at hoonfest 07'? You probably already have. :roast:
No longer have a CR500.
Hillbilly500

Post by Hillbilly500 »

the one thing I find kinda funny about all these posts as to if it is good or bad is this.. I use my clutch lever just as much as I ever had before I put a rekluse in.. I use it to take off even, I use it to light up the rear tire when a gear or 2 too high, I use it to gain traction when spinning too much.. the only downfall of this darn thing IMO is it just won't stall :lol:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I'm not dealing well with the fact Ricky Martin is now gay.... I had no idea....

Total shock...I need to go sit down....
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

NightBiker07 wrote:
NO SHIT! Just ask, what 75% of the american populace how they are dealing with the "CHANGE" :lmao: :lmao:
Can you say buyers remorse? :wink:
kdizzle wrote: I dont care if you are a fucking gorilla (bob) the very light pull of the rekluse is beneficial to all riders.
A-fuggin-MEN
kdizzle wrote: I am 100%sure that riding the MX track makes the rider use that clutch ALOT more than woods riding, thus making the auto clutch more useful on the track, which is most likely while MFDB likes his as do I.

Actually I disagree, I have not taken this setup on an MX track yet. Although the Rekluse was originally designed primarily for MX (brake stabs wont stall the engine, which is potentially deadly) and the bike will usually stay running after a crash allowing a quick get up and go, etc. The reason I love mine so much is for trials type super hard core single track. Its EXTREMELY beneficial for controlling power delivery and makes riding safer by allowing a full two handed grip.
kdizzle wrote: My motor is a GSS motor that has bumped compression and unless you are going 40 MPH down an asphault hill and can use 3rd you arent going to bump start that fucker. period.
I agree. If you can “bump start on a muddy hill” or whatever Mojo said he can do, or you can “kick my bike with slippers on” the diagnosis is the same……..TOP END TIME BABY!! My bike is largely stock with an .050 milled off the head. When we bumped started it, (new top end, couldn’t get a full kick to start it) fresh gas in and my TWO HUNDRED AND EIGHTY POUND buddy sitting on the bike towed behind my diesel, drop the clutch and FLAT SPOT!! New tire time…Now that the motor has a few hundred hours on it the only bump starting you can do is on asphalt.
kdizzle wrote: I personally think the rekluse in the woods would be fucking fabulous.
It is friggin AWESOME when you have to duck under branches or hop over downed trees, you just cant beat a clutch engagement that is the same EVERYTIME no matter what. I simply would not attempt the same endurocross stuff I do without it. (one of the most popular buyers we have are racers that do enduro cross and or woods type stuff)
kdizzle wrote: Maybe you guys just aren't riding fast enough to see the advantages?
(no comment)
MojoScojo wrote: My only point in this is: Really M.F.D.B.? You think you can speak for every CR500 rider? A simple "I really love mine" would not suffice? Guess what, I think you've just met a few who would disagree.
M.F.D.B. wrote:After riding my 450 with a Rekluse I can definitely say every cr500 should have a Rekluse!! I highly doubt anyone who has ridden with one would disagree...
Come on man, read my comment again and then read what you stated above and tell me they don’t say the same thing! HAHA I think you are over reacting just a BIT…
MojoScojo wrote: What exactly are your credentials that should make me believe a word you say?
I work for the single largest offroad enthusiast website in the world, by a huge margin. I am personal friends with dozens of racers and have contact with the best of the best when it comes to suspension and engine builders and fabricators on a weekly sometimes daily basis. We are given (free) the newest products before they hit the market to give our personal shake down and opinion on quality and performance. I have worked on bikes and worked for bike shops most of my adult life. I have built a huge list of motors all the way from .12 cubic inch 30,000rpm nitro fuel R/C motors up to nitrous/turbo/blown Chevys and Mopars. I have completely disassembled and rebuilt numerous cars and motor cycles from sammich baggie size containers (first car I built was when I was 14). Clearly I have an above average amount of experience and simply give my opinion. Isnt that the whole point of forums? Surely there are people on this board far more qualified than my self, but even then, the guys on here that are total NOOBS have an equal right as I do to speak their minds. Why single me out with such a vendetta?
MojoScojo wrote: Frankly, from what I know about you, and the sales jobs you keep trying to give, I'd sooner trust the advertisements claiming they can make my dick bigger simply by sending them money and taking their placebo.
You are miss informed to say the least. I don’t even make comission so what difference does it make? I simply help people out when they have trouble finding things. Whats wrong with that?
MojoScojo wrote: I'd also wager he's a far better rider than you'll ever be. I've seen you ride.
That’s a BOLD statement coming from someone who rode with me ONE TIME 3-5 (or so) YEARS ago when I was still very much a NOOB. Especially when I went everywhere you guys took me, at your pace, and without wrecking. My guess is my skill level is somewhere around 10 fold better. But you would have to ask my riding buddies to be accurate.
Also, the #2 plate 2009 Best in the Desert over 30 Expert (would have made #1 in points but he missed a race due to his trailer getting totaled) is a personal friend of mine whom im very capable of keeping up with, for about 45 minutes anyways (he can go race pace for hours, im waaay outta shape to do that). LOL! So I cant be all that terrible of a rider you make me out to be?
bearorso wrote: The only reason I have used a Rekluse is that I have leg damage that means I can't use a foot brake.
First of all, EPIC FAIL on the bike choice!! Theres plenty of better choices that would be mucho easier to start and handle, to each their own…
bearorso wrote: I set up my rekluses with all the balls in TC, to make the uptake as abrupt as possible. The clutch doesn't slip. This means I loose much of the anti stall feature that many people want them for
Congrats on shooting yourself in the foot. Why ruin the whole bonus of an auto clutch?
bearorso wrote: To blankly criticize people for using , or not using an auto / anti stall clutch is....................... wrong.
If this is directed at me, please elaborate. I simply stated that they are a great thing and that I doubt anyone with a 500 couldn’t appreciate one…
bearorso wrote: The way that I have my Pro set up, means that I would be better off with the EXP (although the shorty clutch lever might not work then , as the softer action at lower revs on a Pro enable it's ease of use)
You would NOT want a Core, the clutch feel is the same as stock and I don’t think even Wooky has that kind of finger strength…

Also, in regards to the back and forth argument about the 450 vs 500 Rekluse here is what Rekluse told me today:
CRF450R PRO part # Rms813, no TC balls included
CR500 PRO part # Rms817, heavier springs (due to higher initial torque) TC balls included
throw-out spacers different between both :wink:
Faster then Speedy Gonzalez, slower then the Road Runner!!! MEEP MEEP

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

AlisoBob wrote:
I'm not dealing well with the fact Ricky Martin is now gay.... I had no idea....

Total shock...I need to go sit down....
:lmao:
Faster then Speedy Gonzalez, slower then the Road Runner!!! MEEP MEEP

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
Tommy_J

Post by Tommy_J »

MojoScojo wrote:
That's just it, you lose the fine off idle low speed control that can be critical for certain obstacles. I'd be real curious to know if any trials guys have tried one and know what they thought of it.
My AF was built as my personal interpretation of the ultimate Vet MX bike. A pleasant surprise was the Rekluse made the bike better for play too. If the clutch is set up properly it will provide better fine control than a human can. I can do observed trials type moves with this thing.
CR500 Shifter Kart + Gen 3 AF
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

WHO TF is Ricky Martin. :? :?
Jack Schitt
DIE FIRST, worry about it later!
DON'T talk about it, Just DO IT!
When in doubt, GO FLAT OUT!
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
Wife and Daughter - Left Aug 17 - 2010
Jack Schitt - ??????????????
bearorso

Post by bearorso »

M.F.D.B.

With regards to your comments about my comments :

1 : Big Fail? Who the Fuck are you to question what bike I ride? Whatever mods I've done to the CRE, would be done to any bike I have. Do not presume to tell me, or any one here, whether they should be on a CR500.

Damn, I swore I'd never use profanity in my posts. :oops:

2 : I set a bike to suite Me, as you should for you. I don't want nor need the clutch slipping when I don't want it to. I have the ability to make a bike exactly the way I want it to be, and I've ridden bikes now for 46yrs (started @4) and have had damaged legs since I was 14, so I've always had to make any of my bikes suite my needs. And my needs are for ultra tight, trials / last man standing type trails - sounds much like what you profess to ride.

3. Paranoia, thy name is M.F.D.B. Read it again, it was directed at the usual pissing match that auto clutches bring out in people. So directed at those for and against who are ripping into each other. So, hang on, I guess you are one of those it was directed at. :lol:

4. Well , read what I wrote, the in brackets section shows why the Core would probably not be the go with the midget clutch lever. I've used a Core, and that problem with it was confirmed. I'm awaiting a mates Revloc Dyna Ring to try, and I'm sure I'll be able to sort out a good leverage ratio for the clutch lever - it would be worth the effort to get back the bump start ability.

It's truly bizarre to have a fellow Rekluse user go on as if I was anti auto clutch. :roll:

Your a weird bloke , M.F.D.B - But the way you are going on at anti and pro ACers alike make me think you've just got out of the wrong side of the bed today (yesterday/). PS: don't try so hard to establish your cred with MojoScojo ( and the rest of us), calm down and go for a ride. :cool:
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

:lol: :lol: :lol: this thread is great!
I'm not a big fan of autoclutch, mostly because I'm used to a traditional clutch. Last weekend, MFDB and I showed up some rock crawlers on our bikes. There were some really hairy spots where I could see mfdb nearly stop and turn on a verticle rock face and putt strait up it. I on the other hand had to "pin it to win it" and stalled out at the very top almost falling backwards down a nasty jagged rock face. Not sure if I'm ready to try the autoclutch for myself, but I definitly see the benefits.

Like someone I know keeps saying about anal "don't knock it until you try it" that auto clutch is definitly at home and very well suited to really nasty and really technical ST.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80