Fabulous time at Frederic today

WTF Happened!!!!
bigpower

Fabulous time at Frederic today

Post by bigpower »

Just me and my one bro. Our other partner in crime was home nursin a sore ribcage and gut.
We got out about 10 this morning in a nice, crispy 38f. I had to ride the niner today, as the '01 has fallen victim to the piston swallowing hole(intake port). Not a bad ride, but I sure did miss my suspension. I put it into the woods hard on a lefthander that I totally washed out on. nothing like an over the bars highsider to get your attention. I got all that sorted out and back up and running with a few bumps and bruises(juniors gonna be pist, his fender is jacked) and she started to warm up a bit. That bikes running a 45 pilot with a DGN, and I had the airscrew about a 1/4 turn out. Prolly would have liked the needle on the 5th clip, too, but for the most part, not bad.
The trail was just luxurious, we've been getting some rain and it makes that sand sticky. Poor Ben had to hand me my ass on a KDX with a 240 kit(fuckin A class riders! :evil: ), his big blocker Kaw is in need of a rear tire.
Before we hit the trail, and this is a rarity, a pickup pulled in with 3 bikes in the back. A 4 dork and 2 CR500's, a 97 and 88, respectivly. We were loading up when these guys finally got back to the trailhead and they made a comment to the effect that this was [prolly the most 500's on a trail at one time ever. Well, these dudes don't know our gang, we've had as many a 9 big blockers out at one time on some of our rides.

28 miles, the colors are at peak, great day to be alive.

As for the 01, we took the Sunnen to it and gave it a quick fuzz to break the glaze and get me some crosshatch back. Shes in good shape, at a measured 89.02mm on the button. New piston will be here wedsnday, just in time for the 200 miler this coming weekend. The crack was just starting in the stocker. If you even hear a little rattle, time to rip it apart.
Kalkaska, the inbred capital of Michigan. ....a place you can walk into the greeting card aisle and find one that reads "Happy Birthday Uncle Dad"
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Nice time it sounds like , I have been working my butt off and cant wait tell next weekend we are headed to Glamis