Gary's new car....

Use some common sense ....
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Gary's new car....

Post by AlisoBob »

You might remember Gary, has that super bitchin' 64 Chevy II.... This is his new chassis..... A Sunfire

Here the motor..... 965hp @ 352"..... zings it pretty good..... 10,600

Didnt get any video of the car goong down track.... to busy goofin' around...

I'l get some at the Winternationals....
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

nice to see stuff built right instead of guys just "trying to make do"
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:nice to see stuff built right instead of guys just "trying to make do"

Yup.......

Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

Very nice!!!! :cool:
towman910

Post by towman910 »

My roommate has a Sunfire... Doesn't look anything like THAT

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

Thats a bad ass small block, too bad its not a Dodge... :roll:
-Jake

Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

If dodge hadnt been such retards as casting parts they could have some serious presentation. stock car classes recognize the dodge as using shaft rockers stock which gets them up on reliability in the valvetrain when chevys in that class cant run shaft, or paired rockers, and stud mounted only with no girdle. the dodges also get another 10cid over ford + chev, they can run bigger valves, and the pure ignorance of officials not knowing casting #s or how the whole dodge mess has happened means we can sneak in some nice heads.

I ordered a 340 replacement block in 2002, got it last month. 5th of the line. I got an R3 block this time lastyear, at the PRI show i asked the tech guys why it had such a piece of crap design in the valley that blocked any roller lifter with tiebars from fitting, dudes there said "dont worry about it, you'll never have to deal with that block anyways, there were only 10 or so made" i told them I have one and the laughed amongst themselves and yelled at another of their guys "hey this guy says he has an r3, hahaha" that guy came over and said "you guys from Canada?" the other boys shutup and left. then he said that block shouldnt have left the building because it didnt "fit" anything and questiond how we got it, so i got the 2nd one i knew of and sold it back to him. he also told me that the 340 repro block had never been poured at that time, infact the mold was in his office. World products had just gathered the pattent work on the bigblock and were in stages of casting smallblock stuff, guess they got it done cuz one showed up unexpected.

right now there are no w5 or varriant heads from mopar perf unless you find old inventory, last ones were cast in '06, i got a pair of magnum chambered la flanged heads last spring that we built on a stock car engine, one got screwed, guess what, 0 of them anywhere.

you gotta expect that dodge stuff to be 20-40% more $ than a chevy

the owner of Scoggin Dickey told me he hates mopar performance cuz they only support 15-20% of the items in their own catalog but to get dodge guys looking at his stuff he has to include it.

yesterday i tried to order more oiling system kits, cheap shit that includes the parts to improve the oil system in sb+bb cast blocks, drillbits, reamers and plugs, theyve been discontinued, 1 sb kit in canada, more in the usa, but no bb anywhere :roll: simple shit like that keeps those boys down
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

I relize that the Chevys are one of the most valued motors out theyre for alot of reasons, Im just into mopar and always will be, I heard from a few long time engine builders that dodge uses high quality minerals for there block casts on production car engines, minerals that would be found in one of ford's or chevy's race block's
-Jake

Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

caseyracing222 wrote:I relize that the Chevys are one of the most valued motors out theyre for alot of reasons, Im just into mopar and always will be, I heard from a few long time engine builders that dodge uses high quality minerals for there block casts on production car engines, minerals that would be found in one of ford's or chevy's race block's
not so much, sonic checking shows them as beeing the least density except for the old ford sideoilers. nickel content is up, but they are dirty castings in anything 76+. then they had caterpillar cast blocks til they quit paying, went to mexico til the tolerences got too far out, now at world products on the perf stuff. we were getting new crate hemi engines and tearing them down out of the box, finding pushrods missing, one had no timing set at all, rod bolts loose, main bolts loose, one had no oil pump, timing cover dowels were missing and everything was wedged together and would leak if run, had sand in the oil galleys + in the waterjackets, they ALL have machine particles in the oil system and pan, somewehere i took a pic of the last one that was here, filled a pill bottle with curls of iron from the pan and sent it to them. they all come "dyno'd" tho :roll:
britincali

Post by britincali »

When I was working at a local dodge dealer at least once a week the service guys would be replacing a completly locked up hemi with under 100 miles on the clock.

Apparently a shitload of blocks left the factory without having the sand removed properly from the block and crank.
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

:lol:
I was at the ford dealer getting a window regulator for the f-150 and the guy infornt of me in line had a brand new 6.0d that he brought back in, turns out there was like a cup of casting sand in the pan! :shock:

I used to secretly hate SBCs when I was wrenching on BBFs because everytime I'd open up a jegs or summit catalog everything cool was for SBC and dirt cheap too. You could build one mean-ass SBC for a lot less $ than anything else.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
"SOLID Bro!!"

Post by "SOLID Bro!!" »

dannygraves wrote::lol:
I was at the ford dealer getting a window regulator for the f-150 and the guy infornt of me in line had a brand new 6.0d that he brought back in, turns out there was like a cup of casting sand in the pan! :shock:

I used to secretly hate SBCs when I was wrenching on BBFs because everytime I'd open up a jegs or summit catalog everything cool was for SBC and dirt cheap too. You could build one mean-ass SBC for a lot less $ than anything else.
My life right there.

As a teenager I found a 69 Chevelle with no motor no trans. The guy wanted 500.00 for it.

It was so much cheaper to build than a Ford so I went home and told my dad. He proceeded to tell me " There aint gonna be any God damn Chevy in my driveway!!"

Ford was his life blue in the veins

Needless to say I never got it.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Exnav

Post by Exnav »

How many passes does he make on a set of valvesprings?
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Exnav wrote:How many passes does he make on a set of valvesprings?
Not a lot.... the valve action is very harsh.... dosent break anything, but needs close attention.

He prolly changes a few every event.... anything below #360 on the seat...and their done.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Gary's Chevy II

Super clean as well.....
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Oooo!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:Oooo!
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

AlisoBob wrote:
Exnav wrote:How many passes does he make on a set of valvesprings?
Not a lot.... the valve action is very harsh.... dosent break anything, but needs close attention.

He prolly changes a few every event.... anything below #360 on the seat...and their done.
I used to do business with Todd Patterson. Some of their Comp Eliminator 300 cu in stuff was nasty on valvesprings.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

AlisoBob wrote:Gary's Chevy II

Super clean as well.....
now THATS "boner coaster" :D very nice car!
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Exnav wrote: Some of their Comp Eliminator 300 cu in stuff was nasty on valvesprings.
Its .999" lift at the valve, with pretty short duration ( for comp anyways...)

Valves bascially slam open, and slam shut....

Watching him "bump" the motor over is a trip......
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

:twisted: 1" lift :shock: :twisted: :twisted:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

I bet :shock:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

dannygraves wrote:now THATS "boner coaster" :D very nice car!

The headers are worth a 2nd chubby......

CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

:shock: :shock: :shock: Awesome stuff man.
Jack Schitt
DIE FIRST, worry about it later!
DON'T talk about it, Just DO IT!
When in doubt, GO FLAT OUT!
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
Wife and Daughter - Left Aug 17 - 2010
Jack Schitt - ??????????????