I may sell my bike...

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
Travis

Post by Travis »

If it were a year newer I would give you you're money back on it.
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Maybe your on to something....

This guy sold his clapped out YZ490 to build the only Sea Harrier in private ownership.

:roll:
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

Travis wrote: Picky Picky Didn't think anyone on a CR 500 site would know that there were 3 places to get ID numbers from. Regardless where the code came from that is what it is. No motor or trans, drivers door or interior. This is how I might afford it. I wish I could say at 24 yr old I could drop 20-40k on a car that was 40 yr old but I don't. Hell I am lucky to be making enough money to eat with 2 kids and a wife that is out of work right now.
I understand and ultimately it's your money, but I would hesitate to tell you that you will make money on the car. It can be done, but be careful of how much you put into it. I know of someone local to me that buried himself in a really clean 67RS. Over the course of 5 years he invested over 75k in the car and it was one of the nicest I have seen. 572, 6 speed, really done well. It sold for a tick over 30k last year.
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Travis wrote:Here is the car as it sits.
Your selling your bike, for that?

You gotta' be kidding me?
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

Dad had a yenko 69 he'd made into a dragser in 71, IDIOT
I like the big wheelwells in the 67-68's and sit the car down low like that chris kerr one...

Bob,
how do you hunt deer from it?
south central hoon

Post by south central hoon »

this thread is lame. if you are even considering this deal you are not a hoon, but a boring ass web rider. later.
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

Travis wrote:Here is the car as it sits. Still not mine but thinking about it.

That's one hell of a project right there and won't be cheap to finish.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

south central hoon wrote:this thread is lame. if you are even considering this deal you are not a hoon, but a boring ass web rider. later.

Travis shown me the way.... I'm selling too, and picking up this creampuff tonight.

Its build tag says its an 6cyl, powerglide car.... I wonder how much is still original? This baby is worth bank once I get it ironed out.

I enrolled over at Comunity College in a body work class.... I'm going to massage it 1 hour a night, 2 x a week. Ill have this sucker block sanded, and pimpin' in no time! Gloss Black aint to big deal.

You guys that ride are dumbass's.... I'm the next Chip Foose!
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

:lmao:
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
mike hunt

Post by mike hunt »

If you want the car buy it. I don't see the big deal me personally i would rather eat shit sandwiches before selling a bike to buy a car. I guess what I'm saying is if the bike has lost it's appeal then buy the car. I could not imagine life without bikes. F_ CK That!
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

The guy selling that thing is probably laughing his ass off!
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
Travis

Post by Travis »

AlisoBob wrote:
Travis wrote:Here is the car as it sits.
Your selling your bike, for that?

You gotta' be kidding me?
To be honest Bob I would rather have the Camaro. I love to tinker on stuff like that and think I would have more fun at it. Dirtbikes are easy to find. A camaro that I can afford is not.
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
Travis

Post by Travis »

Exnav wrote:
Travis wrote: Picky Picky Didn't think anyone on a CR 500 site would know that there were 3 places to get ID numbers from. Regardless where the code came from that is what it is. No motor or trans, drivers door or interior. This is how I might afford it. I wish I could say at 24 yr old I could drop 20-40k on a car that was 40 yr old but I don't. Hell I am lucky to be making enough money to eat with 2 kids and a wife that is out of work right now.
I understand and ultimately it's your money, but I would hesitate to tell you that you will make money on the car. It can be done, but be careful of how much you put into it. I know of someone local to me that buried himself in a really clean 67RS. Over the course of 5 years he invested over 75k in the car and it was one of the nicest I have seen. 572, 6 speed, really done well. It sold for a tick over 30k last year.
If I fix it I won't sell it. It is not something that I am thinking about turning a dime on. My dad had one same color and everything when he was my age. He made the mistake of getting rid of it and he has always regretted it. If I were able to get this thing and have him help me fix it up I would keep it and my kids could sell it if they want. He wont ride with me but I am sure he will wrench with me.
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
Travis

Post by Travis »

If I do sell the 500 I will still be riding. I still have 3 bikes and 3 quads. How many can any of you ride at a time?
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
Travis

Post by Travis »

AlisoBob wrote:
south central hoon wrote:this thread is lame. if you are even considering this deal you are not a hoon, but a boring ass web rider. later.

Travis shown me the way.... I'm selling too, and picking up this creampuff tonight.

Its build tag says its an 6cyl, powerglide car.... I wonder how much is still original? This baby is worth bank once I get it ironed out.

I enrolled over at Comunity College in a body work class.... I'm going to massage it 1 hour a night, 2 x a week. Ill have this sucker block sanded, and pimpin' in no time! Gloss Black aint to big deal.

You guys that ride are dumbass's.... I'm the next Chip Foose!
Nice :roll: "Fuck you Bob!"
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Travis wrote: My dad had one same color and everything when he was my age. He made the mistake of getting rid of it and he has always regretted it.
Let me get this straight..... Your Dad ( as an adult) cant afford to replace his "Dream Car" that he could afford 25 years ago when he was a kid?

Which color was it? The brown primer, the red primer, the blue on the hood, or the silver on the hood?

:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl:
Travis

Post by Travis »

I am sure that he could afford one if he wanted. I am the one wanting to replace it. And it was 35 years ago when he bought it. He has owned more than that one anyway. He had a 67 also. Hell my Mom drove a 70 chevelle when my parents got married. Classic cars are all I have known. He just doesn't want to spend his money on one I guess. More important things than toys to a grown man I guess.
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

You said.....
Travis wrote:.... he has always regretted it.
Then he should get another one.

I have no regrets in life.
Travis

Post by Travis »

AlisoBob wrote:You said.....
Travis wrote:.... he has always regretted it.
Then he should get another one.

I have no regrets in life.
Another one doesn't replace his. He sold his before they had me. The guy he sold it to turned it into a drag car and ended up wrecking and destroying it. He still likes the cars but he regrets getting rid of his. I am glad you think you have no regrets Bob but I know you are lying.
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

My 1967 Camaro SS

496" T400 4 Link car... Street Driven 9:40's @ 150mph.... thru mufflers... in 1986 ( Damm..... I'm old)

Look how Skinny I am.... nice " Wasted Youth" Tee Shirt....

1st Fogger in the O.C. bought it from Mike Thermos himself...

2.5" headers into 2 -5" pipes into 4 2.5" pipes , into mufflers, into tailpipes...

No " Flowmasters" back then.......

:?:

O.K., you got me..... I do regret that I didnt buy about 10,000 shares of Apple stock in 2001 at a split adjusted price of $9 a share, and unload it for $190 a share 5 years later.... I've been a Apple guy my whole life.... and never got on board for this one.....

:evil:
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

the dude that got dads yenko got pissed one night not long after and hit a pole with it, didnt fuck the car but got paralized. Story is its still in his garage, and "cursed"
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

Do I see Sonic Turbo muffs?

Thanks for the memories Bob...
Travis

Post by Travis »

I can't believe you ran the pipes inside the car. In 86 I was 2 yr. old. You are old Bob.
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Travis wrote:I can't believe you ran the pipes inside the car.
How else can you have a 9 second street car?

If was all covered in Tin, when it was finished....
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

Here's a 9 sec street car with full exhaust. 9.79 @ 136 but this was built 20 years after Bob's.