Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

no dought
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
arleybeer40

Post by arleybeer40 »

Dam :shock: reminds me of working at soutars and going to the pizza place for lunch. :lol:
Brit must be gay because he always says hes gonna have a fag
CRMOE500

Post by CRMOE500 »

Too many people have been milking the system and getting away with it for years, and what we have now is the result. I know for a fact that a job at the Big Three is not hard and pays well. Why take advantage of an already good thing?
I'd also like to say that the Suits in the Big Three are Far more guilty than these guys ever were.
Fins Rule!
Liquids drool.
"If the rule you followed led you to this of what use was the rule?" Anton Chigurh
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

No wonder Ford transmissions suck.....
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

from what all the tv stations say, ford is doing the best. chrysler the worst
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

100hp honda wrote:from what all the tv stations say, ford is doing the best. chrysler the worst
yeah - I didn't see Ford on the list asking for a bailout...

Their trannies do suck out of the box. But Allison is not without their woes...and dont forget about Dodge and their POS rear ends.
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

I am thinking of getting a F250 Ford deisel truck. Looking at the 02 and older ones because they have the 7.3 engine. Any comments on which year is best or what equipment to avoid? I know the new ones have a 6.8 deisel in them, but have been told the 6.0 ones suck.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

Ported&Polished wrote:I am thinking of getting a F250 Ford deisel truck. Looking at the 02 and older ones because they have the 7.3 engine. Any comments on which year is best or what equipment to avoid? I know the new ones have a 6.8 deisel in them, but have been told the 6.0 ones suck.
00-03 7.3 is good. 03 is your best choice w/7.3PSD. I did have to rebuild my trans already (90k) with a John Wood trans - but it was well worth it. If you do get a 6.0 (2006+), they run HOT. Leave them alone with regards to tuning. 6.8 gets 8-12MPG from what I understand and are super expensive. My 7.3 gets ~20 on the HWY empty. Check out the FTE website for a ton of info. People over there are cool, too.

Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

Cool, there are lots of them around right now. Here is a good example of what I want. http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/967804662.html
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

Ported&Polished wrote:Cool, there are lots of them around right now. Here is a good example of what I want. http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/967804662.html
Looks nice!! Check the ball joints for wear. Ask about trans, service records - etc. A well maintained 7.3 will go 500k miles easily. If you do get one, lemme know - I have dumped some $$ into mine and it moves real well! A straight-piped 7.3 sounds bad ass!

oh, banks = poop for the 7.3, BTW.

Blusmbl

Post by Blusmbl »

CRMOE500 wrote:I know for a fact that a job at the Big Three is not hard and pays well.
I'd agree with that regarding lineworkersd and other blue collar jobs. Engineering is another story entirely, though.

Everybody needs to go out and read "Rivethead" by Ben Hamper, it's about a GM lineworker in Flint, Michigan during the 80's. IT makes that news report seem like it's about a bunch of saints.

Chrysler isn't going to exist in another year, either. Ford is okay, and GM will most likely recover after the bailout money.