new mods

Use some common sense ....
100hp honda

new mods

Post by 100hp honda »

i got everything back together today so im pretty stoked. heres the details

heres how the bike was set up: stock motor, stock pipe, stock and fmf silencer, crappy suspension

heres how i got it set up now: my own porting, new fmf pipe and silencer, i completely went through the suspension with new seals and bushings and spring rates. ill give a full ride report, and a before and after comparison next weekend of how well the new mods work

this was from today on 50% c12 with my new port work, new fmf pipe and silencer :lol:

Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

Are you saying that was the first kick after putting the whole bike back together?
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

sort of...i cut out the first few seconds of the vid. i kicked it 5 times with the kill button on, then let it rip. i was suprised it lit on the first kick. this is my 4th motor build and all the others took about 4-5 kicks
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

"Stock motor","My own porting." :?:
TYSTYX

Post by TYSTYX »

iggys-amsoil wrote:"Stock motor","My own porting." :?:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
99 CR500R
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR Fireblade

My Drinking team has a Racing problem !

100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

TYSTYX wrote: Image

that looks similiar to the trinity stage 3 !!!!!! :shock: :shock: :lmao:
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Funny mine don't look like that. :chair: :stretcher: :rotfl:
Freemer

Hack job

Post by Freemer »

Looks like nothing I have ever seen - must be backwoods porting Inc.

Is that shit fast? Appears to be a piston eater by how crude it is.

hehe - Must be for that thing.

Stage what? Who is trinity racing anyhow? :D
Nothing .....
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

come on out to dumont and LETS RACE! :twisted:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
hagendog

Post by hagendog »

Are you kicking that bike over in a Nike? Not to say it can't be done but I bought my first 500 at the emergency room after my friend kicked it over in an Airwalk. Through the shoe and an 1" in his arch, ouch. Mine starts easy but I always have 20 seconds of free time to throw on the right boot. Sounds nice though!
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Chris I had some Gin last night it sure was good, anyway it made me think of you . later
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

pretty much any newer cr500 can be started with a nike regardless of compression, because theres a certain technique. some the older cr500 can be difficult because they had a tendency to kickback, and the kickstart shape wasnt ideal
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

the kicker is the only mechanically different part changing nothing about the kicking back, Compression test is true, but do a leakdown and see it blowing out the pipe WAY before the piston reaches the exhaust port, doesnt happen in an un-scalloped engine! look at a well run piston that comes out of one with scallops and see the tracks of the exhaust escaping.
Its like running a big overlap camshaft in a blower/turbo engine, its going to sound horny, but most of the noise is the fuel burning in the headers 'cuz its leaving the cyl, 2stroke is like a blower, kick its feet out from under it by passing the fuel out the exh early (at compression with scallops) and worse yet its already going out the exhaust before its reached max burn, or the port.
I'll bring u my '88 and you can put ur kicker on it and do your dance to start it, i"ll warm up the truck for ya!
but nice bike!
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:the kicker is the only mechanically different part changing nothing about the kicking back
i didnt say anything about a kicker causing kickback. i had '85 that did it often, i came to the conclusion something with the ignition was the reason, maybe if the timing was retarded on the stator plate it might of fixed the issue but i never messed with anything. the old style kicker sucked balls, atleast i thought so
pimp559

Post by pimp559 »

100hp honda wrote:pretty much any newer cr500 can be started with a nike regardless of compression, because theres a certain technique. some the older cr500 can be difficult because they had a tendency to kickback, and the kickstart shape wasnt ideal
Ditto, I can start my new motor with flip-flops on.
Member #1 Obama haters club (join below)
http://www.bannedcr500riders.com/board/ ... highlight=

If it ain't a CR500, your not worthy!!!
Friends don't let friends ride steelies!

Parenthood is a controlled state of insanity!!!!
kkvslayer

Post by kkvslayer »

The only time my kicker actually kicked back on me on my 86 was the first time I started it after a rebuild,kinda had me scared to start it for a while,When I tried to start it with the piston just before TDC then alot of the time it would get past the compression then on its way back up again it would just stop from not carrying enough momentum or no more stroke left in the kicker to go past the compression again to get it spinning enough to fire
1994 Heartless CR500R
1986 KX500
Freemer

1985 CR500

Post by Freemer »

It was the most BRUTAL machine - was on sterioids ...ruined numerous boots on that bitch ... Kick back .. hell yeah would toss your leg over your head - and not a nice bike to ride ....tiny ass flywheel and hair-pin trigger...

Yes I got injured from an '85 CR5 and so did my buddies back in the day had to have my FOX boots stitched up and they had a big L shaped gash on the side where it tore my leg up...to where the kicker got the best of me and made me step off the bike...Not to mention the hole in the bottom of my boot... .I owned 4 500's 1985-1986-1987 and one old bitch air cooled one 1984 and .. I rocked them in 3rd gear after they had sat for 4 months ..and they all started on ONE KICK....

Brutal ass machines - the 80's machines are hard to start

The '01 is a dream machine - no problems and far better machine -- too bad Honda pulled the plug on it ...

I love my '01 it kicks ass as in the ultimate dunes and conquers anything there.

Clyde rides - sometimes
Nothing .....
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

My 87 was a boot eater. I went through 2 pair of Hi-point. It would just eat the sole away. Then I got smart and bought a pair of Alpine stars with changeable kiker plate in the right boot. That helped but still chewed thos up too. When I got my 90, I could start it in tennis shoes!
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

hey danny how well does the stock fmf work with tall exhaust port ?
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

ok... I guess, but I am not a fan on the gnarly pipe on anything other than a trail bike. the FMF fatty and old gold series work very well with the tall exhaust and really complement the large midrange hit.
I've got about 5 differnt pipes lined up and one of these days I'm gonna bring them all out to dumont and run the hill with a different pipe each time and see how they compare one after another.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

um...i guess there is a technique to kicking 500's over in tennis shoes...i Can't do it...i don't go near that kicker without my Motox boot on my foot...my 97 engine has serious kickback, where if i had kicked it over in my shoes i would have for SURE broke my foot...it's crazy!
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

Biring it to the top of the compression stroke, go just a lick past to the "sweet" spot and give it hell!
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

dannygraves wrote:ok... I guess, but I am not a fan on the gnarly pipe on anything other than a trail bike. the FMF fatty and old gold series work very well with the tall exhaust and really complement the large midrange hit.
I've got about 5 differnt pipes lined up and one of these days I'm gonna bring them all out to dumont and run the hill with a different pipe each time and see how they compare one after another.
maybe i would of been better off sticking with the stocker, but i already sold it :oops: ..oh well, ill try and make the best out of what i have. today i got the pete loomis head installed and i revised the exhaust and intake, so i hope it all works ok with this pipe. slomas bike seems to rip with the fmf but i think pete might of done alot of work on his transfers, where as mine has alot of exhaust time and not much on the transfers. ill run it and see what happens i guess....trial and error eh :lol:
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

yeah, opening up/adding boost ports and working on the transfers shoud do the most to comlement the gnarly pipes characteristics.
just run it and see how it does, but I would bet you'll want a different pipe.
I had DeWayne modify one of my gnarly pipes to rev, I'm gonna try that out at dumont next time :wink: I will let you know how it works out.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80