My 05 CR250R conversion

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

cool video...are you the 1rst place rider? if you are that is some smooth riding man...i would love to try supermoto racing sometime...looks like so much fun...anyways i'd have to say that the bike you built in this thread is probably one of my favorite looking conversion bikes i've ever seen...and you are really making me want to sell my af and build a gen 3 250 conversion...
Nate

Post by Nate »

Very very nice bike :cool:
--------www.UK2stroke.freeforums.org----------------
chachi243

Post by chachi243 »

Balaclava wrote:cool video...are you the 1rst place rider? if you are that is some smooth riding man...i would love to try supermoto racing sometime...looks like so much fun...anyways i'd have to say that the bike you built in this thread is probably one of my favorite looking conversion bikes i've ever seen...and you are really making me want to sell my af and build a gen 3 250 conversion...
all that i'll reply to that is ride one first.....if the 2 stroke charachteristics suits you, you'll love it..... some taller or heavier riders don't like them as much.......
i'm 5'7" 165ish so they "feel" lighter even though i know its ounces.....
if they do "suit" you, you won't ever go back...... just my experience... one of my few gold medals for the day, i admit i seem to run more near the front in vet 30 than i did in intermediatte..... supermoto on a 500 is like speedway on asphalt! the only way to keep the front end down and hooked up is to get the rear over on the edge.....and rip it!!!
MICK

Post by MICK »

Great looking job Chachi :cool:
Love the warpath you're on too :m16:
'03 CR500 powered by...umm...a new motor?
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

chachi243 wrote:
Balaclava wrote:cool video...are you the 1rst place rider? if you are that is some smooth riding man...i would love to try supermoto racing sometime...looks like so much fun...anyways i'd have to say that the bike you built in this thread is probably one of my favorite looking conversion bikes i've ever seen...and you are really making me want to sell my af and build a gen 3 250 conversion...
all that i'll reply to that is ride one first.....if the 2 stroke charachteristics suits you, you'll love it..... some taller or heavier riders don't like them as much.......
i'm 5'7" 165ish so they "feel" lighter even though i know its ounces.....
if they do "suit" you, you won't ever go back...... just my experience... one of my few gold medals for the day, i admit i seem to run more near the front in vet 30 than i did in intermediatte..... supermoto on a 500 is like speedway on asphalt! the only way to keep the front end down and hooked up is to get the rear over on the edge.....and rip it!!!
i've only ever been on a gen 2 250, and one gen 3 for like 30 minutes, so i don't really know if i prefer that chassis...i got the 02 450 conversion and honestly i felt right at home on it...chances are that frame will suit me better cause i'm like 6'4'' 200lbs, so i'm gonna keep riding it...
chachi243

right on

Post by chachi243 »

Thats cool..... i agree that if you like the 450, you should stick with it...... they are smooth....even with a 5 hundee in there..... every time i ever wadded a 450 i never saw it coming.... the two strokes , all years, seem to give me a sorta warning light or headshake or twitch like " hey man, youre gonna get tossed" so i just feel like i can ride at my limits more safely on a 2 stroke than a 4 stroke.... or 450 chassis 500....... but thats just me....... i am not arguing if one is better or the other, i think it is seriously personal taste....im only saying that if a person said they couldnt tell the difference between the 2 stroke chassis and the 4 stroke chassis , id be pretty suprised unless it was a total newbie or some other obvious reason...... if it isnt broken, dont fix it......
for supermoto, i could not get rid of front wheel chatter, valving and tuning, even going to a 16.5 front wheel...... BUT the 250 chassis steers so crisp and well, consistant for me, i end up having to watch out as the steering with no chatter usually translates into quick steering with the rear end stepping out.....
well on asphalt.... i'll take a loose rear wheel to a pushing front at speed anyday but that isnt to say that i wasnt possibly inducing the chatter oin the 450 conversion by muscling the bike or whatever.... but that i dont ever have to muscle the 250, i just have to ride the rear brake when i open the throttle so i'm not speedwayin'!
These frickin' bikes both are the bomb!
Balaclava

Re: right on

Post by Balaclava »

chachi243 wrote:These frickin' bikes both are the bomb!
for sure man...awesome bikes...
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

i don't know why i'm asking on this thread but is a 2003 cr250 a Gen 3? because if it is i got my eye on the mintest 03 250, with a mint motor that my buddy really wants...now i just need to get the balls to go blow another chunk of coin...
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Balaclava wrote:i don't know why i'm asking on this thread but is a 2003 cr250 a Gen 3? because if it is i got my eye on the mintest 03 250, with a mint motor that my buddy really wants...now i just need to get the balls to go blow another chunk of coin...
02-07 GEN3
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
eyesky2002

Post by eyesky2002 »

Balaclava wrote:i don't know why i'm asking on this thread but is a 2003 cr250 a Gen 3? because if it is i got my eye on the mintest 03 250, with a mint motor that my buddy really wants...now i just need to get the balls to go blow another chunk of coin...
Hell I would be looking for a new foot before another death trap :wink: I know the feeling tho; while I have no use for it; I still want to build me another, newer, better AF... Thinking an 07 CR250 chassis this time :twisted:
"When your riding your living... Everything else is just waiting!"

MXMotoworx.com
2003 Honda CR500AF
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

ya man i know i won't even be able to test the bike before i buy it...but i got friends that i trust to test it, i'm going to need something to do for the winter man...i can't ride sled this year and i was planning on getting a brand new 800!!! so i need to do something! and this time i might make one of my af's a street bike...i was soooo at home on my af in the first two rides that i decided to go wayyyy too big on it and it back fired...as long as i heal up and don't go so big next year right off the bat, the 500's are perfect for me...plus my buddy needs a cr250 engine to put in his 125 chassis and i need him to help me build this bike...it's a win win...