1990 CR500 Transmission

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
jake

1990 CR500 Transmission

Post by jake »

I hope I am posting correctly?? I have a 1990 CR500AF. I am getting a bad false neutral when power shifting- using the clutch- WOT shifting from 2nd to 3rd. So I split the cases and I found that pretty much all my tranny dog ears are rounded pretty bad. But I do not see any notching in the shift drum. The star-center shift drum looks good. My shift forks look good. I don't see any weir ware on them to think they are bent. I do see some wear on the pawl rachet tabs, but minimal.. I'm not sure if just replacing the transmission gears would fix or not?
Also does any one have any good transmission gear-parts ? or know were to buy them. There are a couple on the OEM parts lookup that I can't get anywhere it seems.

Thanks for any help.. Jake.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

need the gears, likely the forks too
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

Replace those pawls. I overlooked those once and it cost me 6 gears after replacing them only 20 hours earlier. Dropped a G note on the repair and in 20 hours, back in there again. Had "minor wear" on mine as well, but it was enough. $10 parts cost me $1000. Awesome.