Billet ignition covers

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

I'm in for 3 clutch covers and 1 ignition cover. Just need the paypal email address.
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

Guys. As mentioned a couple pages back, you have to "gift" the money through PayPal. It's coming up short on Adams end, and you will have to make up the difference. PayPals greed isn't chewing up the money owed to the machinist. Rest assured, I'm not covering it. Lol
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Paypal has a “Personal” option that lets you pay back your friends without paying fees. When you go to Send Money, click on the Personal tab underneath the amount and you are given several options: gift, payment owed, cash advance, living expense, and other. Sending money as a “Gift,” the very first option, reduces or completely eliminates the fee that Paypal charges the recipient. This is perfect for paying back your friends through Paypal without them dinging you for a fee.
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Man I'm pretty sure I blew this one, if I remember right I think Paypal takes a 3% bite but whatever it is I owe just add it to the shipping and my Bad...Sorry Adam, rest assured I will cover the difference and thanks for getting these done they look sweet and I am excited to have them on my scoot.
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

It was a few months ago so it's easy to forget but that's what's happening. Most guys are forgetting and it's costing them money. Better in your pockets than PayPal.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

I need to confirm the dudes that are in, I've got payments from members:
Agent
Other
Speedway501
Rhino
Josh
SeanMX57
Nightbiker

with Sean being the only guy requesting more than 1 set

any fees that dint work out right i'll throw on the freight, don't get pissy, but its all just passing it to the right guy :wink: :lol:
it won't be much anyways, some of them are coming in at 6.10 shy, not a huge difference, a couple showed up as usa$, i'll be sending requests for the freight on the shy ones, we'll get it right
Last edited by Roostius_Maximus on March 17th, 2012, 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

international fees are 4% internal 3% last I knew.

First time I've ever lost money exchanging to canadian $$.
Nodge

Post by Nodge »

Picture doesn't work for me. :(

Can't wait to get my greasy fingers on some of these.
Yah, I'm from Saskatchetoon!

MRE 02 250/500 conversion, pulse injector, twirp porting, coolhead, MRE ignition, blah blah blah blah... www.millarengines.com
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Jon, sent you pic by txt and email
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

seanmx57 wrote:international fees are 4% internal 3% last I knew.

First time I've ever lost money exchanging to canadian $$.
yours arrived at 250$
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

I've sold another set locally
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

The exchange rate may have something to do with the deposits coming up different. I believe Cdn dollar is above par now, so American money buys you less Cdn money. And PayPal ain't losing out on that little wet dream.
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

I got that part right and made the exchange to canadian, just blew it on the gift instead of goods.
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

scooter what is the deal here? Adam was sayin that they are only sold in sets now. Am I going to be able to get the 3 clutch and 1 ignition cover that I requested?
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

Here's the situation. This started out as a "Billet Ignition Covers" thread. You may have noticed. Here's the problem. NOW, everyone wants CLUTCH covers. I had 25 SETS of these made up. Allow me to re-iterate. SETS! At a cost of FIVE GRAND! Now I'm going to be left sitting on a bunch of ign covers, with no clutch to match. I'm pretty flexible, but to solve this I either have to go back to the machinist and request more clutch covers (Did you notice how long it took to get THESE?) or I'm going to eat a bunch of ign covers. I think I'm a pretty reasonable guy, BUT I'M NOT FUCKIN DOIN IT!! I haven't had time to deal with any of this, because the clutch went out of my truck at 100 am Saturday morning. 3 provinces away. I had to book a repair shop slot, then book an emergency plane flight home (I was booked to fly home Thursday) and then deal with all THAT shit. Now I know I said I will accomodate you, but do you want to leave ME hanging?! I'm learning as I go here, and this whole involvement on my part was a goodwill gesture to Hoons only. I'm not making ONE RED CENT on this. If this was a business, I guess I would accept the risk and perhaps plan a machining run accordingly. I'm not. Now if you want to do 2 (TWO sets) and 1 (ONE) extra ign covers, I'll do that. That will be $500 (Five Hundred Dollars Cdn) prepaid into Roostys PayPal account and those will be on the way. No credit. If you can't afford it now, that happens, but I can arrange to have a couple set aside for a month or two. Sorry, but I'm not eatin' shit on this deal, nor should I be expected to. If someone else wants to pony up and take an ign cover for you that 's great. Also, you may have noticed earlier I posted that NOW everyone was coming out of the woodpile and wanting some of these covers. That's where it would have been good to know who wanted WHAT, and I would have had covers made accordingly. Yes, I understand guys apprehension about getting to pumped up about this, but THIS is the situation that has created. There is a guy who is taking a big number of these, but he wants SETS. So I'll be stuck with a bunch of leftover ign covers. I own ONE CR500 Honda, with ONE ign cover on it. Do I need SIX of these laying around, that cost me 6 hundred bucks, collectin' dust? I'm going to advertise these on Vital, and see if I can move a few. Anyone a member over at the other site want to chip in and move a couple? Guys, if someone ponies up, then maybe I can move on this Sean. You can go ahead and call me an asshole, but put in the same spot and you would do the same.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Shanman.... sound familiar?
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

Lol. No doubt I'm not the first one to go through this. But I'm the NEXT one. Live and learn. I'll be smarter next time. IF there's a next time.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

scooter5002 wrote: IF there's a next time.
Thats the sad part.... everyone who does this ... does it once.

I'd sell them in sets only, except for the guy who wanted 3 clutch covers from the get - go.

Why should you get stuck , holding the bag?
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

That's the problem. There WAS no-one who wanted that from the start. Sean is a late comer, as in last week. Only one with potential to get screwed here is ME! That's not happening.
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

I appreciate what you have done and was stoked to get in last minute, I hope I caused you no hassles.
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

I'll take 3 sets and deal with the extras myself. I just need a straight answer on how much ching is going out here. Thanks for you efforts.

Back when you started all this I didn't need them. It's been several months now and things have changed.

I figure I'm lucky to get any as I wasnt in from the get go. I'm glad you had the capital to do some extra's

I'm sure I'll be able to get rid of the extra igntion covers as some point.
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

scooter5002 wrote:Lol. No doubt I'm not the first one to go through this. But I'm the NEXT one. Live and learn. I'll be smarter next time. IF there's a next time.
I wouldnt let it deter you. Just make it clear that only sets will be sold in the future. Keeps things on your end easy. At those prices, nobody can complain about having to buy two if they only need one side. I greatly appreciate what you have done here.

Next time around, get some made up and sell them to make a little profit. By then, I'll probably want another set, and would be fine paying more. These covers are a steal!

Completely unrelated, how thick are the faces of these? I know a guy I can have them engraved, but I definitely dont want to cut them too deep.
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

when i get my covers i'm going to look at the dude who does all my laser work to quote on em.
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

Well guys, I was happy to do this, because it needed to happen. For a select bunch of guys known as "Hoons". Anyone getting in late is fine, there were extra sets milled up, mainly for that reason. (Thank you Adam. Great idea) I never took this on as a cash cow, because my involvement is a couple of phone calls and knowing a CNC machinist. Lol. Not a lot of work on my part. There is, however, a lot of satisfaction that I could actually MAKE this happen. That's just me.
I've had the good fortune to meet Paul Stoffers up in Cali, hopefully soon I'll hook up with Adam. Sorry buddy, sucks to be you. Deal with it. Lol. Hopefully I can make it to Hoonfest in the next couple of years. All because of this site.
Sean, it's $100 per cover and if you want 3 sets, it will be $600 Cdn. Plus freight to your destination. There will a freight charge from the machine shop to Adams in Manitoba, I forgot to calculate that in. My buddy may have that figured into the cost, hey, he's makin 5 grand. I will speak with him and grab the covers to deliver locally tomorrow. Sorry for any confusion guys, but it seems to be all sorted out now.
NighBiker, you are right. At this price, how do you NOT buy a set? Smokin' deal, and now you have matching bling!
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

i'm buying my ignition covers for 200$ each and getting the clutch covers FREE!!!!