Fukushima is getting worse

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
britincali

Fukushima is getting worse

Post by britincali »

Even though not one fuking american news channel is reporting on it anymore :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Complete meltdown of 3 reactors and after burning through the reactor and containment vessle's the pool's are now working on the concrete pad above 90,000 tons of highly radioactive water...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... plant.html

This is not good at all.
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
britincali

Post by britincali »

http://english.aljazeera.net/indepth/fe ... 02638.html

"Meanwhile, a nuclear waste advisor to the Japanese government reported that about 966 square kilometres near the power station - an area roughly 17 times the size of Manhattan - is now likely uninhabitable.

In the US, physician Janette Sherman MD and epidemiologist Joseph Mangano published an essay shedding light on a 35 per cent spike in infant mortality in northwest cities that occurred after the Fukushima meltdown, and may well be the result of fallout from the stricken nuclear plant.The eight cities included in the report are San Jose, Berkeley, San Francisco, Sacramento, Santa Cruz, Portland, Seattle, and Boise, and the time frame of the report included the ten weeks immediately following the disaster."

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

I caught the tail end of a news item on the radio yesterday and wondered at the time why we hadn't heard any more news on it.
I mean, it's not fixing itself and the damage done we know about will be long lasting.
Our own so called news stations were tripping over each other to report a pretty much negligible gulf oil spill.
My family lives in Pensacola and said the spill was way overblown.
I just don't trust ANY of the news.
I try to get news from many international sources, at least the ones I can get translated.
I think it's really they're giving us what we want or what our attention spans can handle.
We HAVE to know ALL ABOUT this stupid ass Casey Anthony trial.
You gotta admit, we got a lot of fucked up people in this country.
Best place on earth to me but, it can stand some improvement.
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

casey anthony.....there are way worse things in court right now that nobody cares about.....so why the hell all the fuss? sounds like a distraction to me.

The nuke plant situation is making Chernobyl look like childs play...
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
britincali

Post by britincali »

NightBiker07 wrote: The nuke plant situation is making Chernobyl look like childs play...

Making it look like this ...

Compared to this....

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Naaaa.... Cherynobyl was worse.

The cloud from the burning reactor spread many types of radioactive materials, especially iodine-131 and caesium-137, over much of Europe. Because radioactive iodine disintegrates rapidly, it largely disappeared within the first few weeks of the accident. Radioactive caesium however is still measurable in soils and some foodstuffs in many parts of Europe. The greatest concentrations of contamination occurred over large areas of the Soviet Union surrounding the reactor in what are now the countries of Belarus, the Russian Federation and Ukraine.

Since the accident, 600 000 people have been involved in emergency, recovery, containment, and cleaning operations although only a small proportion of them have been exposed to dangerous levels of radiation. Those who received the highest doses of radiation were the emergency workers and personnel that were on-site during the first days of the accident (approximately 1000 people).

More than five million people live in areas of Belarus, Russia and Ukraine that are significantly 1 contaminated with caesium-137 from the Chernobyl accident. 400 000 of these people lived in very contaminated areas classified as “areas of strict control” by Soviet authorities. Within this region, the area closest to the Chernobyl power plant was most heavily contaminated and has been designated as the “Exclusion Zone”. The 116 000 people who lived there were evacuated in the spring and summer of 1986 to non-contaminated areas, and 220 000 more were relocated in the following years
britincali

Post by britincali »

It aint even got bad yet bob :wink:

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Report from June 27

Radiation Monitoring

The daily monitoring of the deposition of caesium and iodine radionuclides for 47 prefectures is continuing. Since 17 May, deposition of I-131 has not been observed. Low levels of Cs-137 deposition were reported in a few prefectures on a few days since 18 May; the reported values range of from 2.2 to 91 Bq/ m2 for Cs-137.

Gamma dose rates values for all 47 prefectures are reported daily by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) of Japan. The gamma dose rate reported for Fukushima prefecture was 1.5 µSv/h. In all other prefectures, reported gamma dose rates were below 0.1 µSv/h; with a general decreasing trend. Meanwhile, the decrease of the gamma dose rate has slowed down, since the short-lived radionuclides have decayed away.

Gamma dose rates reported specifically for the monitoring points in the eastern part of Fukushima prefecture, for distances of more than 30 km from the Fukushima Daiichi plant, showed a general decreasing trend, ranging from 0.1 µSv/h to 17 µSv/h.

On-site measurements at the west gate of the Fukushima Daiichi plant indicate the presence of I-131 and Cs-137 in the air in the close vicinity of the plant (within approximately 1 km). The concentrations in air reported were about 3 Bq/m3 for I-131 and about 9 Bq/m3 for Cs-137. The values observed in the previous days show daily fluctuations with an overall decreasing tendency.
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

Thats after chernobyl was done and over with. They are saying it will be at least a year before Fukushima is shut down, or so said the japanese guys on the news the other night......it could very easily turn into 5 reactors producing exactly what chernobyl produced. If that happens, well....it wont be good.

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
britincali

Post by britincali »

Lets not forget that here there are 3 reactors with liquid melting through the plant floor and 4 fuel pools uncovered.....

Chernobil was 1...

If the fuel gets through the plant floor it will hit the water thats been sprayed on it to cool, there is now over 120,000 tons of ultra radioactive water underneath, that will produce a spectacular steam cloud of pure death.

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
britincali

Post by britincali »

NightBiker07 wrote:Thats after chernobyl was done and over with. They are saying it will be at least a year before Fukushima is shut down, or so said the japanese guys on the news the other night......it could very easily turn into 5 reactors producing exactly what chernobyl produced. If that happens, well....it wont be good.

Chernobil is far from over and done with, the fuel is still hot and the containment building is rotting and leaking. The ruskies dont have the funds to build a new one.

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
bearorso

Post by bearorso »

AlisoBob wrote:Naaaa.... Cherynobyl was worse.

The cloud from the burning reactor spread many types of radioactive materials, especially iodine-131 and caesium-137, over much of Europe. Because radioactive iodine disintegrates rapidly, it largely disappeared within the first few weeks of the accident. Radioactive caesium however is still measurable in soils and some foodstuffs in many parts of Europe. The greatest concentrations of contamination occurred over large areas of the Soviet Union surrounding the reactor in what are now the countries of Belarus, the Russian Federation and Ukraine.

Since the accident, 600 000 people have been involved in emergency, recovery, containment, and cleaning operations although only a small proportion of them have been exposed to dangerous levels of radiation. Those who received the highest doses of radiation were the emergency workers and personnel that were on-site during the first days of the accident (approximately 1000 people).

More than five million people live in areas of Belarus, Russia and Ukraine that are significantly 1 contaminated with caesium-137 from the Chernobyl accident. 400 000 of these people lived in very contaminated areas classified as “areas of strict control” by Soviet authorities. Within this region, the area closest to the Chernobyl power plant was most heavily contaminated and has been designated as the “Exclusion Zone”. The 116 000 people who lived there were evacuated in the spring and summer of 1986 to non-contaminated areas, and 220 000 more were relocated in the following years
A week or two ago I watched a program about the Japanese Nuclear crisis. It has the potential to be much worse than even Chernobyl. Both through wind carried contamination, but also sea currents.

They went into details about Chernobyl, and the effects that it has had.

Huge problems of course in Russia, but huge problems through areas of Europe - health / big increases in cancers, child birth defects, and on and on and on. Significant areas of land, in Europe, not just Russia etc, have been contaminated so as to preclude using them for agricultural purposes.

I had No Idea the fall out, Caesium in particular, had reached the south England / Wales, with Many farms / agricultural districts Forever banned from being used to produce food, the ground contamination being so high.

From only the One power plant. I'm not sure just how many Nuke power plants there are, but I think, in France alone, 85% of their electricity is provided by their 80 + Nuclear facilities.

Chernobyl was created by an arrogant fucker wanting to do a shut down / stress test on the system, well past specified limits - he ignored other staffs concerns and so things turned to shit.

Japans problem was caused by the tidal wave knocking out the power / back up generators to the cooling system. Siting a Nuke power plant on the coast of a highly seismically active Island, with a record of tidal waves, doesn't look too bright.

But so many Nuke PPs around the world are situated in highly unstable areas.

Then you can get to thinking about how long it will be before any one of a huge lot of nut-jobs, just think, "hell why bother to try to get Nuke Weapons for attacks, there's hundreds of NPPs just sitting there, ripe for targeting, with shoulder launched weaponry". They don't even have to hit the NPPs themselves, just target on site back up systems for water cooling, take out outside electricity feeds, comprehensively, and the jobs done. Hell has just arrived.

Judging by the massive problems that only 1 NPP can create, in Russia, now Japan, all it would take to make entire countries / continents permanent fall out zones, is a few successful hits on NPPs.

As people are now recalling, that prick Bin Laden, besides succeeding in killing quite a few people, stated his main intention was to bleed the West, and the US specifically, dry, financially. By any analysis, he's succeeding with that goal. It doesn't take much to bring modern society to it's knees, and with the obvious sitting ducks of NPPs all over the world, they must be due for various bastards attention.

In OZ, we have the one, tiny NPP, just south west of Sydney - nowadays it's in the suburbs of a city that rivals LA for it's spread and population. It's a tiny, experimental unit, that produces various nuclear isotopes etc for medical and other uses. But , if that was taken out, (and the authorities have never found the 8 - I think- missing rocket launchers that dissapeared from one of our Army bases, quite near the nuclear facility, a while ago) with the right winds, Sydney could be a ghost town, very quickly.

It's a dangerous old world out there.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

The radiation has caused giant , mutant vigina's to start washing ashore....

I'm booking my flight .... PRONTO!!!!!
britincali

Post by britincali »

I'll bet rhino would fuck it....

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

what the fuck is that thing?

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

freeride588

Post by freeride588 »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :?: :?: :?: I dont know what to say
Kevin
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

NightBiker07 wrote:what the fuck is that thing?
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

NightBiker07 wrote:what the fuck is that thing?
I'm pretty sure it's Rosie O.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

Tharrell wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's Rosie O.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rotfl:
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

I cant decide if this thing is real, or if its a joke

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6