WTB crf250 head

Come on in, No registration needed.... Thinkin' about stepping up to the ultimate dirtbike? Ask any questions you need answered.

ALSO: Post anything your looking for, or that is taking up space and you want to get ride of.. ALL TRANSACTIONS ARE BETWEEN THE BUYER / SELLER!
ZETTNORCAL

WTB crf250 head

Post by ZETTNORCAL »

So I traded some truck parts for this 05 CRF250x with bad valves. It was such a good deal that I could not pass it up. My plan was to just keep it until I was ready to do another conversion. Or put this extra KX500 engine in that I have been saving for a rainy day.......Now my wife says that she wants me to fixit for her to ride.........So any body have a head for one or mabey a complete engine? I might trade for the K5 engine
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

i would check TT. tons of blown up shit there.
ZETTNORCAL

Post by ZETTNORCAL »

100hp honda wrote:i would check TT. tons of blown up shit there.
cool but I am not a member over there. I am just hoping that someone has a engine left over from a build

I bet Roostius has got one just laying around
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

sorry, notta
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

I think u should shit can the CRF motor and swap in a CR250 motor - probably cost you less in the long run and it'd be more reliable.
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

i like that idea too
riverman

Post by riverman »

I have a complete 04 motor with a bad crank. I bought the bike from a local for the frame for my conversion. I seen the bike run but was not there when it quit. I pulled the head and cylinder to find the crank was bad.
search Cincinnati Craigslist for pictures
link sale-dd5fb-1984937004@craigslist.org[/img]
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

dude i dont think theres such thing as a " crf 250 with a good head" , there all dead or on their way as soon as you ride the thing
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
ZETTNORCAL

Post by ZETTNORCAL »

2strokeforever wrote:dude i dont think theres such thing as a " crf 250 with a good head" , there all dead or on their way as soon as you ride the thing
I know. :roll: I think my wife was just excited about the electric start because she has never had that before. I keep looking at the extra K5 engine sitting here :lol: I have been looking at 250 2t engines on ebay, but damn everybody wants way too much $

Fix the 250f engine. about $700 (used head,new piston, rings, gaskets)
The headlight will still work and the E-start. My wife will probably ride it 2 times a year.
Or
I sell the 250f engine and all components on ebay for around $500. Then buy a older CR250 engine or probably another bike. Like a beat up 91 for around $500. :twisted:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Where their runnin', those 250X's are fun bikes.

I say fix it for her.
AMA714

Post by AMA714 »

I have a complete 2008 CRF 250 that has 21 hours on it. Its been sitting in my garage waiting to get a 500 conversion. I was hoping to ebay the complete engine ignition etc for $1200.... seems to be the common price these days.
ZETTNORCAL

Post by ZETTNORCAL »

AMA714 wrote:I have a complete 2008 CRF 250 that has 21 hours on it. Its been sitting in my garage waiting to get a 500 conversion. I was hoping to ebay the complete engine ignition etc for $1200.... seems to be the common price these days.
Yes, that's the price. But a 250r engine won't help me exept for the top end. The starter from the X won't work.
Thanks for the thought