IdentityTheft.

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
south central hoon

IdentityTheft.

Post by south central hoon »

My debit card was cloned.

I live in LA and my card was used to make some big ticket purchases in Vegas today.

major bummer.

the bank said it was probably a waitress at a restuarant copying the info......

has this happened to anyone else? did you get your money back?
britincali

Post by britincali »

I got a bill from bank of america for $6800 on a card I hadnt used in 4 years, someone in south america apparently. I think somone got the info off the internet.

I called bank of america and disputed the charges, they sent me an affidavid to sign and that was it :D

My wife got hit with a $300 bill on her credit card from sprint (cell phone co) we dont even have a sprint phone, after 10 mins on the phone with the girl from sprint I had the guys phone #, address and full name.

I call the cops and the credit card company and give them all the info, money returned :D

The fucker had stolen a bill out of our mailbox and used the info to pay his cell bill :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
south central hoon

Post by south central hoon »

well that gives me some hope of getting my money back. you've been through it brit. what a mess.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Re: IdentityTheft.

Post by AlisoBob »

south central hoon wrote:My debit card was cloned.
Dont you use a PIN with a debit card? HTF did they get that?
arleybeer40

Post by arleybeer40 »

Debit works as credit also. Just instead of payments its deducted automatically like debit. Don't need a signature online either.
Brit must be gay because he always says hes gonna have a fag
"SOLID Bro!!"

Post by "SOLID Bro!!" »

Yeah just make a claim with the bank and dispute the charges and tell them you are willing to prosecute the person if found and you will get your money back. the problem is waiting for your new cards.

Do you remember that 20/20 show with Chris Hansen, Identity Theft ? That was me. I was one of those suckers that got his ID sold to some dick weed in Nigeria.

They raped my business account starting on a Friday afternoon all the way until Tuesday when a sales rep from Office Depot called me and wanted to verify that I purchased a printer and bunch of refill cartridges and that my Headquarters was in California and it was to be shipped to my "other" office in New York. I immediately said nope, call my office and started going through the bank statements.

Man these fuckers are fast. Amazon, Match.com, Office Depot and anything that could be electronically transferred or be downloaded , Software ect.

I filed all the BS and nobody cared. I called Yahoo and told them the Douche bags email address that he was using and was told that they could do nothing about it. WTF? cancel his account!

Nobody gave a crap. It's a huge inconvenience.

Change ALL your credit cards call all the companies and tell them your ID has been stolen and void all your cards and issue new ones with new pin # to be safe.

Good Luck.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Re: IdentityTheft.

Post by AlisoBob »

south central hoon wrote: the bank said it was probably a waitress at a restuarant copying the info......
You didnt go to lunch with doosh-bag Fachar, did you?
DesertCR

Post by DesertCR »

What I've been doing is using my credit card and them paying it at the end of the month (atleast trying to). This way if something happens, its alot easier to deal with credit card companies than hoping to recover money from you bank account. You can just deny the credit charges but getting your money back will take some time.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

theres dudes scamming debit and cc #s from outside grocery stores. the stores wirelessly link the handhelds to the main, pickup the transaction and you have everything.

ALSO, watch for fuckers trying to pay with visa or mc that dont have raised #s, theyre "pay as you go" cards, BUT they wont swipe correct if theres no $ on the account, then the holder will ask to enter it manually because it doest read, it'll go, and not until the batch is closed on the terminal and its processed 3-4 days later does it get kicked back to the retailer and you're screwed becasue you punched it in :roll:

CASH is the only way to roll
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:

Not when your jonzin' for King Cobra and gas station Sushi @7:00am.

Ask eriC
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

Cash is King :cool: :wink:
-Jake

Mik329

Post by Mik329 »

DesertCR wrote:What I've been doing is using my credit card and them paying it at the end of the month (atleast trying to). This way if something happens, its alot easier to deal with credit card companies than hoping to recover money from you bank account. You can just deny the credit charges but getting your money back will take some time.
bingo! I do this all over the world and in ten years I finally got my CC hacked last month, my bank caught it right away and I was good.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

AlisoBob wrote:
Roostius_Maximus wrote:

Not when your jonzin' for King Cobra and gas station Sushi @7:00am.

Ask eriC
when this is the smalles change you've got i can see that happening.....