Gas Saver & Pirex Tig Torch Nozzles

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
bearorso

Gas Saver & Pirex Tig Torch Nozzles

Post by bearorso »

Have any of my fellow TIG welders here used the Gas Saver ( I think from CK?) Tig Nozzles / Collets, and / or Pyrex Nozzles ( clear,as against ceramic/alumina)?

I'm very interested in them - saving gas would always be a good thing, and the ability to run the Tungsten's out quite a lot further out, would be really helpful with regards to the Very tight areas I have to get into with a lot of my frame work - same thing applies to the ability to see through the nozzle in tight spots.

I've gone 35 years without these, but with old man eyesight and shakiness, these, if genuinely usable, would be of great use.

Same goes for the seemingly unattainable, midget , water cooled, high amp torch I've always dreamed about............. Any info on the smallest water cooled high amp torches out their would be greatly appreciated. I've done a lot of searching, but would welcome actual users opinions.
alex500

Post by alex500 »

I am a stainless pipe welder and have also seen and thought about those clear nozzles. Let us know what there like if u get some. cheers :)