WHAT YEAR CR250 RADIATORS FIT OUR CR500S?

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
thestuz

WHAT YEAR CR250 RADIATORS FIT OUR CR500S?

Post by thestuz »

which if any rads fit the cr500s?
do it!... cos if you dont, youll spend the rest of your life thinking about it anyway!

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

use bailing wire to hold the shrouds on ? :lmao:
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

whatever.
dont pre 98 cr250 rads the same as 500s?
do it!... cos if you dont, youll spend the rest of your life thinking about it anyway!

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

If you weren't so fussy about the color I could send you some very nice black ones. Since Solid has offered up the parts I don't need to hack up my stash. I have at least one silver one. Do you need a pair. I'm talking about CR500 steely rads.
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

im actually after a lhs silver rad but would pick up a set if they were the right price.and yeah id love a silver one, dont mean to sound fussy but dont want my bike looking goofy with odd coloured rads if and when i ever sell it(resale value in aus is high with a tidy bike).
the ones i got on there now are ok but the lhs one copped a bit of a dent while loading up on the trailer last week.another good knock and it might need replacing so id rather organise some now than have to pay heaps and wait a month for them to ship here when i do need one.
im only after straight ones though. nothing dented. if anyones got any they are not using and wants to part with, im all ears.

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
stu460

Post by stu460 »

thestuz wrote:im actually after a lhs silver rad but would pick up a set if they were the right price.and yeah id love a silver one, dont mean to sound fussy but dont want my bike looking goofy with odd coloured rads if and when i ever sell it(resale value in aus is high with a tidy bike).
the ones i got on there now are ok but the lhs one copped a bit of a dent while loading up on the trailer last week.another good knock and it might need replacing so id rather organise some now than have to pay heaps and wait a month for them to ship here when i do need one.
im only after straight ones though. nothing dented. if anyones got any they are not using and wants to part with, im all ears.
Doesnt that give you the shits when you bang up a rad and your not even riding it,,my brand new at the time 01 was dropped by a friend onto the arm rest on his lounge as he walked it thru the house,i mean for fuck sake of all places.....
THE TOE CUTTER,HE KNOWS WHO I AM!
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

check out bikepics website. it should give you some idea if they might work.
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

you wouldn fkn believe it but i was down "3 star" supercross track riding today and some dude trashed his lhs radiator on his yz250f. the funny thing was he had rad gaurds too. the radiator stayed in pretty good shape but still sprung a leak. it happened to be the first session of the day too :) i should of taken a pic.

some stooge left the sprinklers on over night and turned half the track in to a winters delight.ive never seen so many dropped bikes in one day ever. every one put there bike down at least once,one guy fucked up on the 45foot jump and got taken away by the ambo. i put my bike down three times today in the same bog spot.luckily no rad split, just a cut and bruised calf. landing 40 foot jumps on mud aint fun but its a hellova rush!
having said that, i think im still gonna get a set. that dudes bike took a real pounding and came up pretty good for it. cant believe that rad split.

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

i cant remember where but there is a place in victoria that repairs them in a jig acid baths and repaints them for a 100 a side + freight i done both my 01 rms and my old mans 450 they did a good job looked factory and fast i got it done thru my local shop ill find out if you like
only posties ride 4 stroke hondas
goldfields sheet metal fabrication
98 yzfr1
05 crf 500 race tech goldies
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

for that price im hpoing to pick up some good 2nd hand ones for that price. the ones i got are good for now but wanna get a spare set cos ive hadf a few close bingles lately.

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

you dont even notice the black radiators once there on my yz has black ones they dont stand out any more than the silver ones on my 500
-Jake

caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

I would hit up Sean he is great to deal with and is straight up about the condition of his stuff, you could also paint your rads silver
-Jake

thestuz

Post by thestuz »

yeah i hear ya but if my left one goes, and i replace it with a odd black one its gonna look shitty as and cosmetics matters if and when i ever sell it.

in aus, a cr500 that looks looked after sells for $1000 more than one that looks bodged.
would just rather get a matching pair the same colour theres enough of them floating around out there. not interested in painting them up or nothin.would just rather pay a little extra for the right pair is all.
im in no hurry.

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

Oh I understand now your talking about replacing just one I thought you were replacing the pair. Yea 2 different colored radiators would look funny
-Jake

seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

I will email you pics. need your email

Seanmx57@yahoo.com

4 black ones, 1 silver.
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

seanmx57 wrote:I will email you pics. need your email

Seanmx57@yahoo.com

4 black ones, 1 silver.
heir@optusnet.com.au

only keen for silver though dude.

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.