Vortex paper wieght

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
27maverick

Vortex paper wieght

Post by 27maverick »

I was ready for the worcs race at speed world, 500 lined up right next to Ty Davis, he was on his 300 husky. He got a little western as the flag fell and we both backed out. Half way through the first lap the bike shuts down, cools down starts up again and then does the same thing. I think it's the stator. later checked it out and the vortex had a weak spark. Called mike who imports them from Australia and he said that if I told him it was a 500 in a aluminum frame he wouldn't have sold it to me. Well at this point it's a he said she said. He said it won't work because the height cylinder pressure creates a negative energy in the cylinder and the ground goes away then. I put a steal time cert in the frame with know result. Weak spark at best. Does any have any ideas or has any one been able to make one work. It is currently on a 93 250 cdi and stator, I have a 99 cdi and stator that is digital in stead of analog, will a vortex work on that ignition? while it did work for about 20 minutes and it was cold it sure was worth the $450 dollars, Hugh improvement over the regular 250 cdi, the switch made a big difference in traction control. At this point it's just a paper weight.
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

It doesnt work on a factory steel frame either, my buddy had the same problem you have. I can't remember if it was you but I forwarned someone of this problem....
-Jake

AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

"Negitive Energy"???

Dudes on crack...
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

is this true are you running analouge vortex cr500 or digital cr250 we are in the process of getting one with the correct 500 maps done
only posties ride 4 stroke hondas
goldfields sheet metal fabrication
98 yzfr1
05 crf 500 race tech goldies
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
27maverick

Post by 27maverick »

it was for a 93 cr 250 ignition [analog]. Are you putting it on a analog or digital? That guy mike is not a very honest dude
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

well we are going digital as we are running 01 cr250 ignition and we are dealing with vortex direct in australia i have never heard of what your describing negative energy sounds like crap to me
98 yzfr1
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
M.F.D.B.

Re: Vortex paper wieght

Post by M.F.D.B. »

27maverick wrote: He said it won't work because the height cylinder pressure creates a negative energy in the cylinder and the ground goes away then.
I think that should read "the high compression makes it too hard for the week ass spark to jump the gap"...LOL
Faster then Speedy Gonzalez, slower then the Road Runner!!! MEEP MEEP

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
britincali

Re: Vortex paper wieght

Post by britincali »

M.F.D.B. wrote:
27maverick wrote: He said it won't work because the height cylinder pressure creates a negative energy in the cylinder and the ground goes away then.
I think that should read "the high compression makes it too hard for the week ass spark to jump the gap"...LOL

Think you nailed it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
bearorso

Post by bearorso »

If you bought the Vortex to suite the ignition you have, the 250 set up, and don't have a mismatch of a 500 vortex with the 250 parts, I'd say the importers sprouting Complete And Utter Bullshit.
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

ill post up the results we get with the 250 digital vortex once we get it and have a play but saturday night we ran both 500s at a areana cross and i liked the standard 250 setup
98 yzfr1
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
asteroid500

Post by asteroid500 »

Be an Aussie...ring him then tell him he's full of shit and to get Fucked, then send the shit back for a full refund.....i know i would :twisted:

yes i'm an Aussie my self
"not speeding officer".....qualifying

CR250 97
CR500 AF 99 (in progress)
CR500 AF CR G-4
CR500 1985 true legend
RGV250 96 X2
GSXR600 07 TRACK BIKE
VH Commadore cup car (race)
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

bull shit, he is so full of shit! WTF does the frame have to do with their shitty ass ignition!?
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

are there major problems with vortex ignitions or are you guys having troubles with importers
98 yzfr1
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
bearorso

Post by bearorso »

Vortex Ignitions are very high quality items , with a good rep. I know people that have used them for many years, on many models.

But , like anything, you can get a dud.

Please don't take the next few paragraphs as me supporting a distributor, that I think, is dodging support of what probably is a dud component, but more of an example of what can happen, in real world terms.

The trouble with electrical components, is that it's easy for a manufacturer to dodge warranty issues, especially by claiming bad fitting, damage from other components the part interfaces with, or non compatibility with the tiniest of things. And, these are all valid and possible factors, but they tend to be used off hand by suppliers.

That's why I raised the question if the system was for the 250 ignition, and not the 500 ignition - as I could well imagine that would be a problem. And , if it were for the 250 ignition, and it was a TPS type, using it without the TPS fitted in could conceivably cause problems.

If these sort of points were thrown up by the distributor,and were the case, it would be hard to argue with, but, if it is as the original poster said, and that claim about the engine / frame combo being the problem was given, I would still say:

IT'S COMPLETE AND UTTER BULLSHIT, on the part of the distributor.

Bear
nmdesertrider

Post by nmdesertrider »

made in china strikes again
03 CRF450/85 500
27maverick

Post by 27maverick »

update, after writing a pretty good letter to Mike [aka mtr racing] and telling him I was going to send the same letter plus a link to the build up on this website to australia the parent company he seems to be wanting to work with me now so we will see what happens. The Vortex was for a 1993 cr 250 stator and fly wheel mounted on a af500. Being it's analog he said it will not work because the aluminum frame. I asked about a digital one, I have a 99 ignition stator and fly wheel as well. I never really got a straight answer so will see what happens here. I rode to day with the 93 set up retarded it about 4mill, had to rich-en the needle alot, like four clips and it just doesn't have near the bottom end and mid that the vortex did, sure hope to get this worked out soon.