fork bleeders

All Boinger, Sub-Tank, Steering Stabilizer Stuff Here.
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

oh and my suspension isnt valved for track riding, its setup for an agressive woods rider.
-Jake

AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

If it dosent bottom once in a while, your wasting available stroke.

If it dosent bottom with the bleeders out, its set up like crap

If it dosent bottom , with the bleeders out, while set up for woods riding, AND being ridden agressivly... its really off.

Who is your set up guy?
ellett

Post by ellett »

This is a picture of a nice, smooth, back-side landing of a decent downhill double. The rider weighs 146 lbs in street clothes. Suspension on that bike is setup for moto and a 235 lb rider.

Without the fork bleed screws installed properly, he'd have broken his wrists, fer sher.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

i wouldnt be able to get off the yard with that crap on my forks, broke 2 fancy push button style ones off in 1 day
i could see it beeing ok when i move the bike accross the shop to sweep the floor
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

maybe it's the black ketchup, I mean oil in the forks. Changing it is only a recmendation, right?
Last edited by seanmx57 on January 19th, 2010, 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

maybe it's the black ketchup, I mean oil in the forks. Changing it is only a recommendation, right?
HrcRacing

Post by HrcRacing »

Put a zip tie around the slider (the chrome part obviously), ride it and you'll be able to see what kind of travel you're getting. If you're close to full travel and like your system, run it. You don't need to impress anyone other than yourself. Just like Bob built his bike for himself, not to impress others. That's the way it should be.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

seanmx57 wrote:maybe it's the black ketchup...
The correct term on this site is "Turkey Gravy"......
"SOLID Bro!!"

Post by "SOLID Bro!!" »

OOPs
Last edited by "SOLID Bro!!" on January 20th, 2010, 7:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

My buddy bought on of those chinese "Pep Boys" dirt bikes. It dosent have bleeders to leave out, so he unscrewed to whole fork cap..... says it rides much better, but his boots are all oily now.....

NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:i wouldnt be able to get off the yard with that crap on my forks, broke 2 fancy push button style ones off in 1 day
i could see it beeing ok when i move the bike accross the shop to sweep the floor
how the F did you manage that?
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
MICK

Post by MICK »

ellett wrote:The rider weighs 146 lbs in street clothes. Suspension on that bike is setup for moto and a 235 lb rider.
Ellet, just curious why this 146lbs rider has his suspension set up for a baby elephant? That makes as much sense as Jake's quasi bleeder system. If a rider is 156lbs in gear, he valves his suspension for 156lbs. If he's also an aggressive rider he valves accordingly. If someone thinks they're really on to something by overcompensating and valving for large circus animals, they're really missing their mark.
Roostius_Maximus wrote:...broke 2 fancy push button style ones off in 1 day...
There has to be a story behind this...bleeder screws are no more a stressed component, than is the kill switch. If you broke an air bleeder, you can eat shit and break anything :lol:

Casey,
fundementally your idea is great. Nothing new, but a step in the right direction. It's quite obviously flawed in it's current state and members have given you some solutions on how to improve it. If for whatever reason you think this system is the muts nuts as is...you have for real spring issues as Bob has said, we don't have to ride your bike to know that...you've explained it quite clearly too us.
'03 CR500 powered by...umm...a new motor?
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

NightBiker07 wrote:
Roostius_Maximus wrote:i wouldnt be able to get off the yard with that crap on my forks, broke 2 fancy push button style ones off in 1 day
how the F did you manage that?
a little wfo bush riding/hillclimbing
a friend did 2 on his crf450 aswell, didnt unload, but willow branches caught them and tore em off, wouldnt have tore off stock ones, nothing to catch on
bust them off flush
i dont have barkbusters on that bike yet either, as u can guess i wasnt on it when it happened :lol:
I've also got a hole in the front # plate of my 02 250 from the cdi bracket busting thru when it hit a tree 6ft off the ground and layed out 90degrees to the world
ellett

Post by ellett »

MICK wrote:
ellett wrote:The rider weighs 146 lbs in street clothes. Suspension on that bike is setup for moto and a 235 lb rider.
Ellet, just curious why this 146lbs rider has his suspension set up for a baby elephant? That makes as much sense as Jake's quasi bleeder system. If a rider is 156lbs in gear, he valves his suspension for 156lbs. If he's also an aggressive rider he valves accordingly. If someone thinks they're really on to something by overcompensating and valving for large circus animals, they're really missing their mark.
That's my son riding my bike.
MICK

Post by MICK »

ellett wrote:That's my son riding my bike.
:lmao: straight and to the point...

...and no disrespect intended on the "baby elephant" comment :lol:

Roostius, I use the flush mount style of bleeders. They only stick up 3/16". I imagine you broke the Motion Pro type bleeders? The ones that are so tall they just about cause clearance issues with the bars...why the fug they designed units like that is beyond me :roll:
'03 CR500 powered by...umm...a new motor?
ellett

Post by ellett »

Haha, no offense taken, Mick. I was kinda in a hurry when I replied, hope it didn't read like I was trying to be a dick.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

ellett wrote:....hope it didn't read like I was trying to be a dick.
pstoffers

Post by pstoffers »

:nutkick:
NAHA PRO HILLCLIMBER #216
LIVIN THE DREAM!!!

NOTHING BUT GREEN LABEL BLENDZALL!!!

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/P ... /Home.aspx
http://www.pro-hillclimbers.org/
ellett

Post by ellett »

AlisoBob wrote:
Who isn't a dick to brit... :lol:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

ellett wrote:
AlisoBob wrote:
Who isn't a dick to brit... :lol:

I was refering to the dick in the GIF......

:rotfl:
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

AlisoBob wrote:
anyone know how to make the picture do that ? do i need a special program or what ?? :lol:
ellett

Post by ellett »

100hp honda wrote:anyone know how to make the picture do that ? do i need a special program or what ?? :lol:

Save that pic of brit, open it in Elements and then you can see all of the layers that went into making it.

Then check out some tutorials here.

I use Elements 4.0 for making fun of brit:

Putting CoolHeads on dorks:

Goofing on AlisoBob:

And especially making fun of brit:

Edit: And putting CoolHeads on cool four-stroke ridin' doods who can school brit up a dune:

Last edited by ellett on February 7th, 2010, 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
britincali

Post by britincali »

Thats exactly how I spend 99.9% of my time off :lol: :lol: :lol:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
ellett

Post by ellett »

britincali wrote:Image

Thats exactly how I spend 99.9% of my time off :lol: :lol: :lol:
Which is, what, 99.9% of your time? :lol:
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

thnx ellett you are the man :dance: . now i have to figure it out. hope its easier than it looks.