fork bleeders

All Boinger, Sub-Tank, Steering Stabilizer Stuff Here.
caseyracing222

fork bleeders

Post by caseyracing222 »

Check out my new fork bleeders, the parts to make them cost $20 and they work better than the push ones you buy. they let built up air escape on every stroke and make a difference. basically there a cheaper version of a sub tank system.

-Jake

robertg

Post by robertg »

Is it vented all the time? It's not designed to, the oil level effects your ride.
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

yes its vented all the time, the filters dont let any oil out, just air.
-Jake

redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

You need a closed system for the air spring part of the suspension to work properly. Fork bleeders allow you to reset the air spring back to zero pressure when it gets hot. Changing oil height affects the size of the air chamber and its associated spring rate. Sub tanks have a valve that tricks the fork into thinking it is has a larger air volume / softer air spring until you hit a big bump and the valve closes immediately creating a small air chamber / harder air spring to resist bottoming. I think your approach will do neither. Sorry.
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

redrocket190 wrote: I think your approach will do neither. Sorry.
x2

Great explaination Mike.

Now....... you put some 0.010" restrictors in the hose adapters.... and you might have something.
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

think what you guys want, this has had serious testing already and has shown good results
-Jake

AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Re: fork bleeders

Post by AlisoBob »

caseyracing222 wrote:they let built up air escape on every stroke
You describe its flaw perfectly......

:wink:
caseyracing222

Re: fork bleeders

Post by caseyracing222 »

AlisoBob wrote:
caseyracing222 wrote:they let built up air escape on every stroke
You describe its flaw perfectly......

:wink:
I dont find that to be a flaw. I didnt design this system, a rider much better than me did and Im sure if there was an issue with it he wouldnt be using it or recomending it to anyone...
-Jake

AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I fully expect to see these at A2 on Dungey's bike, now that the secret is out.......

:bling:

Its just what he needs to catch Bubba..... Too bad the Suzuki engineers dont know what what your buddy knows....

If you and your buddy like the results.... it probably means your way oversprung. Removing the "air spring" aspect of the forks softens it up, to your approval.

Softer fork springs, and resealing the fork caps is the proper soultion.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

nice afro engineering :cool:
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

to each his own. thats all I gotta say
-Jake

AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

100hp honda wrote:nice afro engineering :cool:

His car was running a little "rich" too..... so instead of finding the real problem, he just pinched off the fuelline a bit... WORKS GREAT!!!!

:lmao: :rotfl: :lmao:
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

that cant be his car is it ? :D . if it is give him the niggyvered certificate
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

haha very funny bob, your a real shit starter. I heard some positive feedback about the bleeders from a few people so I decided to try them. If they dont work I will simply take them off and post my feedback. Theres really no need to start a bunch a BS over this, it seems everytime someone trys something new on this site or does something a different way not to your liking you bash them for it or make a stupid reference to your AF and go on and on about how your way is the proper way, your AF is nice but its not the nicest Ive seen and your way isnt all ways the best.
-Jake

caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

and no thats not my car :roll:
-Jake

AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

caseyracing222 wrote: I heard some positive feedback about the bleeders from a few people so I decided to try them. If they dont work I will simply take them off and post my feedback. ...your AF is nice but its not the nicest Ive seen and your way isnt all ways the best.
I'm not saying they dont "work" for you.... I'm trying to tell you WHY they appear to work. You dont seem to care.

If you added those restrictors I mentioned, It would function somewhat like a El-Cheapo sub tank system.( Bleeding the forks down to ambient pressure for a plush ride , but also trapping the air pressure generated by rapid fork compression for bottoming protection) In its current condition, it behaves like a drunk Britincai left the bleeder screws on the workbench, as he rolled his next doobie.

Oh, and my bike? It sucks compared to that Aussie stuff. I built it for me, not to impress anyone.
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

Sorry Bob I guess I took what you were saying the wrong way, and I apologize if I bashed your bike in anyway
-Jake

AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Bash it all you want.....
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

Ride Report:
No bottoming, nor is it close to bottoming, the only advantage these have is they soften up the initial stroke other than that they do nothing. all in all I like them and will keep em' on my bike... after I clean up the apperance.
-Jake

AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

caseyracing222 wrote:Ride Report:
No bottoming, nor is it close to bottoming, the only advantage these have is they soften up the initial stroke
What part of " your springs are too stiff" dont you understand?

If you removed the "air spring" compoenent of your front suspension.... and it still dosent bottom out..... whats that telling you?
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

ok I have my suspension revalved and the spring are set to my weight. these bleeders help only the initial stroke, other than that the rest of the stroke feels the same as when the bleed screws are in.
-Jake

AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

caseyracing222 wrote:ok I have my suspension revalved and the spring are set to my weight.
Appearantly.......... you dont.

:?
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

:roll: im tired of arguing about this
-Jake

NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

AlisoBob wrote:
caseyracing222 wrote:ok I have my suspension revalved and the spring are set to my weight.
Appearantly.......... you dont.

:?
im with bob....if your suspension is too stiff for your liking, and you have springs and revalving to match your weight, then you are simply not riding very hard, and are looking for a plush ride.

or the guy that did your suspension work sucks ass.

i took my bleeder screws out for about 5 minutes to check out the difference, and it would be great for slow woods riding. nice and soft. but its absolute SHIT on a track or anywhere you are going fast.
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

I didnt do this because my ride was to harsh, Im not a grandpa rider, and I will look for any little thing to better my suspension. I was happy with my suspension before I installed these and am more happy now.
-Jake