CP CR500 Cylinder

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
fastkart

CP CR500 Cylinder

Post by fastkart »

Saw this posted over at cr500riders.com and thought it looked interesting. Who wants to try it?

http://www.cpindinc.com/pub/view_produc ... 1-9779-144
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

ill be damned. he finally finished it. that son of a bitch was a long ass time in the making. many thought it was nothing but a myth. bob wont buy one, hes too big of a pansy for that much HP. :lmao:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I'm too cheap to get the 4 bolt exhaust flange,,,
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

nice
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

by the looks of that blank piece by the exhaust, im wondering if theres going to be a version with powervalve. im calling calvin get a price on this tomorow along with the head. ill bet that thing is bigger than it appears, i hope there aint any major clearance issues with it fitting in a steely frame.
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

post the prices up when you get em
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

No doubt that thing won't fit in an AF conversion. :shock:
Jack Schitt
DIE FIRST, worry about it later!
DON'T talk about it, Just DO IT!
When in doubt, GO FLAT OUT!
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
Wife and Daughter - Left Aug 17 - 2010
Jack Schitt - ??????????????
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I think it would fit my bike
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

Actually looking at it again, I think you are right.

It really isn't that much bigger by the looks of it.
Jack Schitt
DIE FIRST, worry about it later!
DON'T talk about it, Just DO IT!
When in doubt, GO FLAT OUT!
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
Wife and Daughter - Left Aug 17 - 2010
Jack Schitt - ??????????????
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

if i had lewisclans cash there would be one on the way to my house right now :lol:
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

AlisoBob wrote:Image

I think it would fit my bike
i dont know man. bottom radiator cross over hose could pose a problem. where is the exhaust flange going to be in relation to a stock 500 jug ? the Y may be too low. hard to say without actually having one in your hands. and remeber there will be some kind of adaptor plate needed also. and the head may be humungous.....defiantly fuel tank issues. the ideal thing is to build a conversion "around" this new cylinder, rather than try to cob it into a stock jug conversion. im sure it can be done but how much work will be involved to re-fab stuff ? as of right now i have alot of unanswered questions.
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

100hp honda wrote: as of right now i have alot of unanswered questions.
who cares? its a big bore 500 :shock: think of the ROOST
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

pipe clearence might be an issue, BUT its $ will make it work :lol:

I really like the exhaust port, that sucker is going to flow. Is it and the reed block rotax sized parts like i mentioned modding a stock jug too? Fastkart i'm still on the fence with that broken sleeve jug, was kinda dreaming of it ending up somewhere like this, but time is tough to find these days
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

this is what i understand from calvin. i guess theres only protypes now, the end of the month there will be some for sell to the public. CP doesnt sell directly to the public, you need to call one of the race shop distributors. i dont have a for sure list of who will carry them but im positive dennis packard and k&t will have some. assuming you go with 97 bore and stay with standard crank, around $1400 should get you everything needed- cylinder, nikisil, head, dome, orings, adapter plate, piston kit, exhaust flange.

couple other things. the intake uses a arctic cat bolt pattern. calvin is making some kind of intake manifold and you can run the vforce 3 setup. i dont know any other details on the intake.....it may be angled or straight but im not sure. im sure he will offer the angled ones for people interested in using the cylinder in a bike. also the head will be offered in non-headstay design and there will also be a version with headstay. im not sure what carb will need to be used with his intake manifold. some are probly wondering about the adapter plate, if i understood him correctly the plate will bolt to the cases, then the cylinder will bolt to the plate. i think the rear case studs will actually bolt up through the plate and into the cylinder, but the front studs bolt into the plate then different studs come out of the plate and up through the cylinder. make sense ? the cylinder WILL NOT bolt directly to the cases without the adapter plate. and i believe he said the cases will need to be bored, same thing you have to do to the old cases when installing the newer jug because the skirt diameter is too big.

sounds like there going be several versions depending how big you want. 95 or 97 bore with stock stroke will be the smallest. i think there will also be a 100+ bore with 93 stroke. probly a few more versions with varying cc's.

the pipe issue is yet to be determined but a custom one will probly be needed. fmf aint going to plug and play, not to mention fmf probly wont work worth a fuk on these cylinders anyways.

thats all i know right now.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

that price isn't too bad... I agree with the idea of building an a/f around it. a gen-4 would prbably be best suited since its very roomy except for the tank and since the lower mounts have to be changed anyway, you could clock it up like Bob's conversion is and have plenty of room between the Y and the possible powervalve spot.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

that price aint bad but i forgot to add $300 for a pipe. i think atleast $1600 is what it would take to make a complete running motor. and i hope bob was joking if he thinks thats fitting in his little 250x, without a great deal of re-fabrication :lmao: . definatly build the bike around the cylinder is the only way to do it.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

still, how much does it cost to get some decent full race porting+new jug+reshape new head+custom pipe+new piston, etc. you could easily spent that much just building up stock parts. That being a kit w/ everything and far more than one could do with a stock jug... I think it would be well worth it. shit man, just look at those tranfers!!! :shock: :shock:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

not to mention if you wanted to go nikasil... just that alone is probably $400+ a new jug is what, $470? new wiseco, $200, new head, $140 easily $1000 in machine shop, porting, head reshaping labor, gaskets $30
thats what $2240 not including a custom pipe... like I said, I think that price is really good.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

it shouldnt be long and we will see dyno sheets and youtube videos of it. i cant wait for that :lol: . hopefully the cr5 tranny and clutch hold up. i remeber the saber, guys were busting trannys in the 250r, mainly 2nd gear i think.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

yeah, but the 250r 6 speed trans is a lot less beefy than a cr500 trans :wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

gauranteed there will be a few running the hillclimb circuit next year which will be awesome to see. them 4 cylinder bikes aint going to have shit on this thing. im sure it will weigh slightly less than a stock cr500 motor because the cylinder doesnt have the steel sleeve. incredible power to weight ratio.
fastkart

Post by fastkart »

dannygraves wrote:not to mention if you wanted to go nikasil... just that alone is probably $400+ a new jug is what, $470? new wiseco, $200, new head, $140 easily $1000 in machine shop, porting, head reshaping labor, gaskets $30
thats what $2240 not including a custom pipe... like I said, I think that price is really good.
i bought a new cylinder and head and sent it to GSS and after all was said and done I figured I had about $1,300 in the top end, new wiseco included after Glen did his work. i would definately like to try one of these tho. Too bad its illegal where I race (550cc max displacement)
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

fastkart wrote:
dannygraves wrote:not to mention if you wanted to go nikasil... just that alone is probably $400+ a new jug is what, $470? new wiseco, $200, new head, $140 easily $1000 in machine shop, porting, head reshaping labor, gaskets $30
i bought a new cylinder and head and sent it to GSS and after all was said and done I figured I had about $1,300 in the top end, new wiseco included after Glen did his work. i would definately like to try one of these tho. Too bad its illegal where I race (550cc max displacement)
thats the point danny was trying to make. for a little more money you could have one of them new 'liger' cylinders. that sucks you have cc limitaions, i thought the smallest liger was 560cc but after looking at the CP website it appears the smallest might be 583cc....97 bore x 79 stroke (hell i dont know maybe there is a 95 bore). according to calvin the biggest will be some where around 732cc...106 bore x 83 stroke :shock:
Last edited by 100hp honda on November 3rd, 2009, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fastkart

Post by fastkart »

I know thas what he was trying to say. They don't tech to make sure its legal, but something like that raise an eyebrow or two, otherwise I'd be tempted... even tho my stock bore and stroke gss motor ran with one that was rumores to have $6k in it.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

dude if you rolled up to the line with one of them new liger cylinders, they WOULD know something was up :lol: