46mm conventional marzocchi question

All Boinger, Sub-Tank, Steering Stabilizer Stuff Here.
100hp honda

46mm conventional marzocchi question

Post by 100hp honda »

i have the owners manual for my '95, unfortunatly it only discusses the white power forks (which werent put on the '95 model that i know of, maybe the 125 had them but i dont think the bigger bikes sold in the US had them). anyways i heard ktm went with the marzocchi as a last minute decision in '95 and that may be why it doenst have the info in the book. ANYWAYS i was going to change the fork oil today but wasnt exactly sure how, so i just unscrewed the top cap and turned them upside down and pumped the oil out, then put the exact same amount of new oil back in. i see theres 2 different screws at the bottom of the forks but i wasnt sure what they were for so i didnt mess with them. anybody know what the correct procedure is for changing the fork oil is ? is one of them bottom screws a drain plug ? one of my buddys has the same forks and he thought they held 650ml/22oz of oil but the most i could get out was 16oz. im not sure if there was still old oil in there or maybe his calculations were wrong. anybody ?
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

I have no clue on how to change the oil on those forks, but have you tried looking up a manual online for the marzocchi forks that may help you out
-Jake

100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

ill look around and see what i can find. i think the oil can be changed the way i did it......by unscrewing the top cap and turning them upside down. but im wondering if one of the bottom bolts are a drain plug, but either way im pretty sure you would still have to take off the top cap to put the new oil back in.