over

Gather Up for IGG'S BIRFDAY BASH @ DOVE SPRINGS!! March 16-18 2012
honda02

over

Post by honda02 »

over
Last edited by honda02 on June 1st, 2009, 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

I might just be up for this. Would be a decent drive though.
honda02

I trying to find out will the bike make it

Post by honda02 »

I trying to find out will the CR500 make it with a 2.2 gallon gas tank.
I like to get a oversize tank but I don't know what tank will fit the 2005 CRF450X frame with out melting the bottom of the tank to get it to fit.
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Bearly and depending how much you stay off the gas.
Robs loop in Jawbone is 51 miles, I use 2 gallons on that, someone ran out about 5 miles from camp once but all the others made it.

Those Arizona plastic Iced Tea bottles look to be just the right size 40oz?, take one or two with ya.
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

I plan on running the AF for this and it has the stock tank so I will be carrying something with extra gas in it. :P
honda02

How

Post by honda02 »

If I get my CR500 AF going by then I like to ride it also But how are you planning to carry the extra gas.

Like I said with any luck I get my motor back this week but I still have to get the airbox, the pipe and silencer made Plus make a skid plate for it get it jetted and the supension some what adjusted befroe the poker run.
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

Thinking of carrying some kind of jug with gas in it in my backpack. :P
honda02

Gas

Post by honda02 »

I mite see you out there will see how things go.
Hellbear wrote:Thinking of carrying some kind of jug with gas in it in my backpack. :P
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

That would be cool. I am going to ask my neighbor if he wants to do it and if noone else is going I might not go. I don't really like to ride alone but we will see. :P
honda02

lone Ranger

Post by honda02 »

I know what you mean ride alone my riding buddy went down hard last year and he still has not rode his dirt bike.

So I been doing more riding alone now adays.

Hellbear wrote:That would be cool. I am going to ask my neighbor if he wants to do it and if noone else is going I might not go. I don't really like to ride alone but we will see. :P
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

Ouch that sucks. :(

Doh. I haven't rode that much this year. :( I need to ride some more cause next year I am not going to have as much time.
Xylicon

Post by Xylicon »

I'll be out there! :whoop:
97 CR500, 94 CR250, 87 CR125
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

Nice Xylicon.
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

Talked to my neighbor and he is up for it as long as he get's his bike fixed by then. If he doesn't get it fixed I am still going.
zorak-2

Post by zorak-2 »

iggys-amsoil wrote:Robs loop in Jawbone is 51 miles, I use 2 gallons on that, someone ran out about 5 miles from camp once but all the others made it.

Those Arizona plastic Iced Tea bottles look to be just the right size 40oz?, take one or two with ya.
Iggy that was me the first time we ran that loop 45miles on the stock tank with pj carb man that sucked ass. Now a a less than half tank clarke 3.5 tank and pwk carb.

doug
This site rocks
GEN 4 CRF500
honda02

Pass

Post by honda02 »

I will not make this one there's no way I going to have my bike ready I still waiting on my motor to get done the guy now telling me this tuesday ya right I been hearing the same story for the last 3 or 4 weeks now.
Last edited by honda02 on May 22nd, 2009, 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

That sucks you haven't got you motor back yet. :?
honda02

The up side

Post by honda02 »

Will at least I know the motor was done the rigth way it a 0 hour engine new cases new trany fresh bore new piston and rings mild port job he threw that in for free.

Even if I do get the motor back on this comming tuesday I still have to get the moded airbox boot to fit and make pipe mounts break it in and get the bike dialed in for me.

That's to much to get done plus go to work every day ya next time it should be ready.

I most likely ride it that weekend but that just to break it in and trun knobs getting the bike right.

I don't want to push the bike hard and long until I run 2 or three tanks of fuel though it it needs go though it's heat cycles for the first tank on gas.

If I do get it running I be out bu the water tower across from the prison.

They mite have some of the course blocked off they or we crash a aircraft out here on last thursday, by the pirson area I don't know he where by the prison yet but I am sure I find out more this tuesday when I get back to work.
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

That's cool, break her in good and no worries at all.
honda02

Got it

Post by honda02 »

Picked my motor up today I don't wait to talk anoumt of the bill can you say money pit .

I have the motor in tha frame but I need to pull the kick starter back off I did not wind the kickstater retrun spring enough I hate those springs.

Sttarted doing the airbox mod should be done with that soon Tomarrrow I hope the silencer anouther pain waiting to happen it don't line up at all .
I think i cut some of the can shorter so the mounts line up.

I also need to make a new forward pipe mount should be cake wall.

It should be on the dirt by this weekend.
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Matt and I look to be trying this out. Only bummer is I will be riding the wife's Recon.
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
honda02

Luck you

Post by honda02 »

Luck you I still trying to get all the bugs worked out my Bike .
sabreguy wrote:Matt and I look to be trying this out. Only bummer is I will be riding the wife's Recon.
kkvslayer

Re: Got it

Post by kkvslayer »

honda02 wrote:Picked my motor up today I don't wait to talk anoumt of the bill can you say money pit .

I have the motor in tha frame but I need to pull the kick starter back off I did not wind the kickstater retrun spring enough I hate those springs.

Sttarted doing the airbox mod should be done with that soon Tomarrrow I hope the silencer anouther pain waiting to happen it don't line up at all .
I think i cut some of the can shorter so the mounts line up.

I also need to make a new forward pipe mount should be cake wall.

It should be on the dirt by this weekend.
New motor the motor never ran when I got in the begining for this af conversion it but now I seems to have a bad clucth slippage when appying the power revs but but you not moving bike just slowly gets up to speed.

The clucth had aluminum palte but I oput steels in it with the old fiber plates.

Ok Here we go it is 1995 motor to start with but the cases were cracked so it has now 1990 cases the trany was also bad it has 1986 trany in it when I put the clucth back in it.
It seem the clucth push rod was to long so I wacked off about .100 off the end so the clucth pressure plate would seat before it would rock side to side.

There's good play at the clucth lever.
Will at least I know the motor was done the rigth way it a 0 hour engine new cases new trany fresh bore new piston and rings mild port job he threw that in for free.

Even if I do get the motor back on this comming tuesday I still have to get the moded airbox boot to fit and make pipe mounts break it in and get the bike dialed in for me.

That's to much to get done plus go to work every day ya next time it should be ready.

I most likely ride it that weekend but that just to break it in and trun knobs getting the bike right.

I don't want to push the bike hard and long until I run 2 or three tanks of fuel though it it needs go though it's heat cycles for the first tank on gas.
1994 Heartless CR500R
1986 KX500
sabreguy

Re: Luck you

Post by sabreguy »

honda02 wrote:Luck you I still trying to get all the bugs worked out my Bike .
sabreguy wrote:Matt and I look to be trying this out. Only bummer is I will be riding the wife's Recon.
Yea the boy is pretty jazzed.

Have you cleaned that carb really good? You might just have some crap in the jets not allowing it to idle.
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!