Favorite airfilter oil?

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
4Z

Favorite airfilter oil?

Post by 4Z »

Does anyone use the No-Toil system? What is your favorite air filter oil/system?
KE 336

Post by KE 336 »

I used to use No Toil. First tried it back in the 90s when it came out. I loved the clean up. A bucket of soap a rinse and it's good. The problem came shortly, my filters started seperating at the seams. I was using Uni filters. I quit using it. 3-4 years ago was reading a discussion on it and related my experience. I was told it was a problem with Uni filters and they knew about it but wouldn't change their glue for No Toil but if you use other filters it is not a problem. So I give it another try for about a year. Guess what, its a problem with other filters also. Twin Air seemed to hold up best but still come apart way to soon.
I use a bucket of kerosene to break down the oil then to a bucket of laundry detergent /water then rinse. I don't really have a favorite filter oil but, I always use from a bottle and knead into the filter and don't use the spray on.$.02
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Uni- Filters, and Bel Ray Sticky Blue Oil.....

:wink:
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

AlisoBob wrote:Uni- Filters, and Bel Ray Sticky Blue Oil.....

X2
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

X3 - dont forget to grease the lip!
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

HrcRacing

Post by HrcRacing »

Twin Air and the Belray blue sticky stuff. I also grease the lip and use Belray waterproof grease. Well, technically, I use an acid brush and put the grease on the airbox filter base. It's a bit cleaner doing it that way.
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

AlisoBob wrote:Uni- Filters, and Bel Ray Sticky Blue Oil.....

:stupid:

I'm a big fan of Uni Filters and Bel Ray lubricants.

Image Image
Image Image

That's the shiznit right there in my book.
Last edited by MojoScojo on April 30th, 2009, 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
Nodge

Post by Nodge »

Blue oil, and I have white lithium grease in a spray bomb.
If there is any dirt getting by the grease you get a big black streak and it is easy to see.

:cool:
Yah, I'm from Saskatchetoon!

MRE 02 250/500 conversion, pulse injector, twirp porting, coolhead, MRE ignition, blah blah blah blah... www.millarengines.com
pstoffers

Post by pstoffers »

:roll:

No-Toil with No-Toil filter, No-Toil rim grease and Green Label Blendzall. :headbang:
NAHA PRO HILLCLIMBER #216
LIVIN THE DREAM!!!

NOTHING BUT GREEN LABEL BLENDZALL!!!

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/P ... /Home.aspx
http://www.pro-hillclimbers.org/
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Brit cleans his air filter. about as much as he brushes his toof-a-sis.....
Travis

Post by Travis »

AlisoBob wrote:Image

Brit cleans his air filter. about as much as he brushes his toof-a-sis.....
That is horrible. :stupid:

I ran a Yamaha Warrior with a streetbike filter for a long time. It was a K&N. The bike got to where it wouldn't idle down and the throttle started getting sticky. Took the carb off and it had sand blasted the slide to the point that it wouldn't close off enough to idle the thing down and that was causing the sticky throttle with all the grit in it. Follow these guys advise and don't skimp or try to be cool with a K&N. It will cost in the long run.
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
4Z

Post by 4Z »

Thanks guys!
I have been using Uni and Moose on the old TT. And the Belray blue. I just have this buddy that swears by No Toil. His kids race the small KTM's. We shall see how long he stays with NT after reading the reports on this thread...

So, how about the Motorex cleaner?
Janne

Post by Janne »

I'm using Rockoil SWWAFF, Synthetic Water Washable Air Filter Fluid. Fell in love with the easy maintenance as I only use hot water to clean the filter.
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

Used to use belray oil, spectro now, seems to be the same really.

Used to use greese, makes a big mess and it way too much work to get clean again for next filter. I oil the sealing lip of the filer completely and make sure it's on properly and tighten the bolt good. Been using the later for many years with NO issues.

I don't run dunes in NH but plenty of southwick conditions.

My latest Idea is to hookup a shop vac to an airbox after the filter is installed and oil dryed (takes a day or so). The reason is to get the intial sucktion done safely. Ever notice any specs of dirt left in the filter after cleaning it. Thus the idea. I usually notice grains of sand more than dirt.

I have extra airbox with preped filters ready to go. I don't like messing around at the track, especially when it's windy.

I think I'm gonna dump my twin airs soon after seeing what happened to danny's filter. that no toil set up looks pretty good. I've been cleaning them in gas then soap and water.

I got a friend that just buys new ones cause he doesn't like cleaning them :roll:
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

Bel-Ray FFT. Never had a problem ever with any contaminants entering the carb. Worst thing was over oiling and causing a fouling condition.
JR650

Post by JR650 »

Torco FFO, the red stuff. and twin air filters, never a problem.
00 XR650R street legal SM
02 250/500
fastkart

Post by fastkart »

I run K&N's with a prefilter and the inside of my stuff is spotless. Just gotta clean them every couple rides/races.
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

related info. Filter skins, love them. remove rubber from plastic airbox, clean honda glue out and silicone the boot/metal cage seal area correctly. That is a MUST.
KE 336

Post by KE 336 »

seanmx57 wrote:related info. Filter skins, love them. .
I've been running these for a couple of years now and am sold on them!
http://pcracingusa.com/store/product_in ... cts_id=120
Buy the filter and it comes with two form fitted pre filters. I like to buy one every so often just to get the pre filters as they will fit over all brands of filters.
I hate to work on the bikes at the track. Ride Saturday practice with pre filter on. When your done, pop the seat off pull the pre filter off and you've got a fresh filter for Sundays race. No mess, no fuss!
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

I use UNI and Maxima FFT very very sticky oil :cool:
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!