Guns

Express YOUR point, no pissing matches.

List sources whenever possible!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Guns

Post by AlisoBob »

”Why I Carry a Gun?"

My old grandpa said to me... "Son, there comes a time in every man's life When he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and usually it's when he becomes too old to take an ass whoopin...."

I don't carry a gun to kill people.
I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people.
I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.
I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the
World.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.
I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating
myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.
I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and Not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.
I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.
I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am Inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it.
I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Police Protection is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves.
Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the Crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to Take an ass whoopin'.”

A-Men!!!!
Slomo

Post by Slomo »

I'll second that amen!
LAYNFRM

Post by LAYNFRM »

i carry a 1911 compact concealed every day all day. everywhere my CHP allows me to legally carry, i am carrying it. i even carry when riding the motard around.
05 CR500AF Plated Supermotard/dual sport
01 XR650R Plated Supermotard
07 CRF80 mini-motard w/115 big bore
08 Polaris RZR
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

I have a Glock 22 which is close by when I am off base....I have put close to 2000 rds through it.....I can shoot the black out of the target at 20 yards. I use Winchester Rangers AKA...Black Talons = big mess

I have a 1962 Simonov SKS (spike bayonet) with over 1K in ammo, bore is in excellent condition...a fine shooter!

2 20g Shotgun/scatterguns (12g is for pussies that cant hit shit) shotguns....one is an over and under the other is a pump....the sound of hearing it rack a shell in will anyone running with the cold sweats. Weird enough, I have Quail, Pheasant and Chuckar hunted most of my life. I am quicker with a shotgun than anything else. A bird on the wing will not wait for you to draw a bead....

1 25-06 and 1 30-06, I can put bullets through the same hole at 150 yards. I grew up deer hunting also.....

Lots of switchblades, knifes and sharp sticks...

I am I a paranoid...no. I like guns, I grew up around them. I am not a fellon, never been arrested....dont believe in zombies and the end of the world...if so, they came to the wrong damn house. I am a red blooded American, I eat meat, drink beer and dig chicks. I have earned my right....

If all else fails....foul language and rocks.
Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing their idiot.......
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

Image :applaud:
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
jbird_710

Post by jbird_710 »

Once you've been robbed at gun-point by a pair of crack head n*****s, you'll understand why I carry a multiple guns daily. And, quite honestly, I don't care what limitations are imposed by the CHL, unless I have to go through a metal detector, I'm packing. Since federal law supercedes state law, the second amendment is all I need.
'87 CR500R / (2) '01 CR500R / '02 MPS CR500R AF / '06 XR650R / '06 XR650L / '01 XR400R / '01 FLHTCUI / '04 CRF 450R / '84 CR500R / '89 Transalp /'05 CRF450X / '02 XR200R
Jay Birdsong

Don't you know about the Bird?
Uzi

Post by Uzi »

Don't know how I missed it but this is an awesome post and one I'd never seen. :cool:

I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating
myself for failing to be prepared.

I've said that to many a person who tells me there's no point in carrying a gun. You wouldn't make fun of someone for throwing a first aid kit in the gear bag before you go riding would you? Yeah you might not ever use it but what if you need to and you don't have it. And that's just what I say about concealed carry, if your doing it right no one will ever know you have it unless there is a true emergency.

It just unfortunate that the government has banned them in most of the places that you are likely to need one. Just because I go to a bank or post office I give up my second amendment right? WTF is that about! I'll never understand the process that you have to go through to get the license either. Here in Nebraska you have to take

Complete finger printing of both hands $13
8 hour training class $100
Permit fee $100
Permit fee for a utah permit $70 (allows carry in additional states)

Total=$283 and that not counting the price of the gun I bought to carry or the gas I bought to go to the class and courthouse. And I had to go the criminal identification building to get finger printed in the same place that people are booked into jail! Felt a little strange.

Not to mention the complete background check that takes 60 days or more!

I don't need a permit or the payment of fees to exercise my freedom of speech or other rights. I realize that some parts of it are necessary to keep them out of the wrong hands, but what a joke to get something that is your supposed right.

I'm glad I did it and even though I can't carry most of the time (work for a public school system) its better than nothing I guess.

I'm done ranting but this post was awesome.
1982 XR200
1985 CR500 86' Motor
1990 CR500 85' Motor
2000 CR250
redrider

Post by redrider »

Uzi wrote:I realize that some parts of it are necessary to keep them out of the wrong hands, but what a joke to get something that is your supposed right.
No, the wrong hands already have them, and I know it sounds shocking, but they didn't get finger-printed either. Thats why you carry one :wink:

Any sort of law or procedure that the gov makes people go through are just to keep guns out of the hands of law-abiding citizens.
I'd rather be hauling ass