Christmas Letters, 2008

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Christmas Letters, 2008

Post by AlisoBob »

Christmas 2008

So ? How many vehicles can one family have? In addition to what we started the year with (1 truck, 2 cars, 3 motorcycles, 1 boxvan, 1 trailer) The Higginsons have added a Chevy Duramax 4x4 Crew Cab Pickup ( Bob), a Toyhauler trailer for the family, 2 Quads ( Vicki & Berlin), and1 Motorcycle, ( Jack). I’ve very familiar with everyone down at the DMV.

We didn’t go on are usual “Over the Border” vacations this year.. we kept in pretty close to home. In May, we all went to NYC. We took in the finer points the city has to offer… Yankee Stadium, Shea Stadium, The Bowery, Fisherman’s Warf, Harlem, Times Square…You know.. the good stuff.

We also hit Museum row, Rockefeller Plaza, The Paul Frank Store, and several other shopping icons for the girls.

The kids had a blast, and really enjoyed spending time in the city they have seen so much of in T.V. and film.

Lots of other adventures this year too….. Bob has convinced Vicki that she too should enjoy all the desert riding Bob does with his motorcycle club, hence the vehicles mentioned in paragraph #1.

This year we went on 3 rides as a family… Pismo Beach, Evans Flats, located in the Serria Nevada mountains, and Sunfair Dry Lake, near Palm Springs. There was a considerable gap between rides 2 and 3 while Bob recovered from his broken leg he suffered at Evans Flats.

Vicki said the broken leg wasent as bad as the knee high, HOT PINK colored cast Bob wore for 6 weeks. She still is rolling her eyes at that one,

Berlin on the other hand, is nearly indestructible on her Purple Camouflage Quad. Flips, Rolls, Endo’s… nothing seems to phase her. She rides that thing 15 hours a day.. and uses much of the available gas…. She scares the crap out of everyone, but has yet to break the skin. A few bruises is about all she has to show for her wild times. Lucky girl…

Jack is starting to jump his bike, and is racing in his first Grand Prix in Adelanto Ca. this coming Feb. He’s turning into quite a good rider and will soon be passing the old man….

Vicki is the Official, “unofficial”, head of the Wives Quad Brigade. She takes all the wives out riding with her, and if their is any wine tasting within a hours drive, they split camp and hit that too….. She seems to be enjoying things more than she expects too…… I have given the kids strict orders to LEAVE MOM ALONE, while on these rides, Think that has anything to do with it? ;)

Sports went well this year, as Jack and Pookie did very well in Baseball / Softball. Berlin wants to pitch this year, so extra effort is going to go into her program to get her on the mound. Jack doesn’t need all that much Coaching now anyways, he’s 10 now, and “knows everything”…..

I’m sure a lot of you are wondering how work is in this tough economy. Well , its tough!

Luckily, Vicki works for us, and not the competition. We have transitioned into allot of Custom Home work . Rich folks always have $$$$$, right? Well, its true, and the Custom Work has kept us busy through the 4th quarter, right into 2009. Without Vicki’s vision, we would be on the breadlines with the other contractors. As it is, I think we are off 30% from our best numbers of fiscal 2007. No too bad, considering the amount of companies we see going under. Once again Vickums, great job!!!

We did have tragedy in our lives this year though. Max, our beloved Guinea Pig, passed into the afterlife this year. He was a sweet little rodent, and is sorely missed.

Not much else has changed. The “Tuscan” house makeover mentioned in last years letter is slated for 2009. Jack and Berlin are in the tops of their respective classes at school, Vicki is still the #1 Class Mom at Don Juan Avilia School, and Bob is still slacking around the house, Like I said, not much change.

2009 should bring more challenges and good fortunes to our company, a return to Cabo san Lucas with our good friends the Christenson Family, many more good times with Bob’s motorcycle club, and the Yankees returning to the World Series.

We plan on spending all the money we can, as quick as we can before Obama takes it from us anyways….

Join us in this effort!!!!

Merry Christmas from the Higginsons.
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Merry Christmas to you and everyone from the Fachar's AKA teemtrubble
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
Mama

Post by Mama »

Merry Christmas everyone! From the Baze Family!
A CR500 is a thing of beauty whatever the frame is made of, but me, I'd rather ride a hoon!
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Merry Christmas all from the Thompson family.
Our Christmas will be a little different this year as we have a 4 yr old foster boy that will be here with us. So we are trying to do it up a little big this year for him.
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

sabreguy wrote: So we are trying to do it up a little big this year for him.
Hoon on Sabre... Check you PM.....
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

Merry XMas from the Majer Family!
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

Mama

Baze Family Christmas Letter

Post by Mama »

Well 2008 started in a very small house in a very small town in the middle of nowhere Washington State. We had around 4 feet of snow by February and were going stir crazy with nothing to do and no space to do it in!

Jason found a house for sale on craigslist and in passing we joked about how it would be really cool to live "there". One day while driving by the neighborhood the house was in, I suggested we just drive by, can't hurt. Well, we fell in love with it and had our house on the market within a week!
In April, we moved in to our new house.

Since Jason is on a permanent paid vacation, we spent the summer hanging out with Brittany our 15 year old and Walter our 3 year old!

We built a new shop in October with the help of Jason's Dad Larry.

We watched our little girl leave the house looking much older than she should to go to her first real Homecoming dance.

We watched as our little man became a Hoon in 5 seconds flat.

We went trick or treating with Batman.

We ate so much turkey, we couldn't get up to get the camera!

And now here we are, near the end of 2008 in a bigger house, in a bigger town in the middle of nowhere Washington State with around 2 feet of snow on the ground. The difference is that we have lots to do, and plenty of room to do it in!

We are all happy, healthy, and most importantly, together! What more could we possibly ask for?
Merry Christmas from "Mama" and "JBaze" and family!
A CR500 is a thing of beauty whatever the frame is made of, but me, I'd rather ride a hoon!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Good job Mama..... I dig the name Walter....

:D
jEsTer

Post by jEsTer »

Merry Christmas Hoons and Hoonettes!

2008 saw us putting on an addition in the wife (to be completed in March '09). It will be our first, and it's a boy! Looks like I will start getting some competition for toys... All the best to you and yours!
-Brad-
2001 CR500 Steelie
1999 FXSTB Custom
2004 BMW X5
1994 Ranger Prerunner
1999 XR70