All Service men/women homebound should fly first class

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
nobrakesbill

All Service men/women homebound should fly first class

Post by nobrakesbill »

I live in California but work in Texas. I fly regularly to and from. While on my way home last time I was in First class and noticed three servicemen boarding the plane, two each alone and one with his wife (I assume). I also noticed that there were three empty First class seats. One next to me, and two others.

So, I asked the flight attendant" Hey, if these seats are open why don't we let the guys in uniform sit up here". Her reply was" Oh No! we cant do that" Why Not! I asked. ( I thought it would be a slam dunk, it seeemed such the right thing to do) guess not. She said that they can't move people to first class unless they pay for it. I got real close to her and said " They've been fighting a war in the stinkin' desert, you know that thing they talk about on the news every night. How much more do you want them to pay? Another guy behind me said "No shit, just let em sit up here". The lady felt out numbered and went and got one of the pilots.

The pilot asked me what the problem was and I explained what I said to the stewaresss and even he said "No were not allowed to do that". So I said "O.K. then you go get one of those guys and tell them that I'll switch seats with him". "We can't let you do that sir". "Bullshit! I paid for this seat and if I want to give it to someone else what the hell do you care". About this time the rest of First class has gotten behind me and are telling them to move the guys up front. So they relented and went and got the two guys in uniform and moved them to the two single seats. I said " Hey, there is one more guy back there not in uniform and he's with his wife, tell them to come up here and I'll sit where they are sitting". (remember, one of the open seats was next to me.) So they did and I switched with them. I had nobody next to me in the row so it was just as good and the seat I gave up as far as I was concerned.

I got a few claps and cheers while I was walking rearward to my seat but that's not why I did it. I just wanted to make a point and it didn't seem right to say let them sit here "as long as it's not in my seat". I think this should be S.O.P. when there are open seats in first class. Just my opinion.

Bill.
'86 CR 500
'97 CR 500
'00 CR 500
'08 CRF 150R
'73 AJS 250 Stormer
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

WAY TO GO BILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
Mama

Post by Mama »

I totally agree! Although our family doesn't have alot to give, we give what we can when we can. We never pass a single serviceman or woman without saying "Thank you". We don't say much else, just a simple "Thank you". Even our 15 y/o daughter does it when out with her friends.
When we do this, people always seem so surprised to hear it, I think this says something terrible about our country!
A CR500 is a thing of beauty whatever the frame is made of, but me, I'd rather ride a hoon!
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Bill your a good man.
the next round of drinks is on me :cool:
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

I'll be your "Huckleberry" Bill!

Props to you Sir Props to you...
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

BRAVO!
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

Way cool man!
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Shit, its not like they move a thousand pounds forward and have to recalculate the weight and balance. :roll:
MICK

Post by MICK »

What airline company were you flying with. Everytime I fly it's like musical fucking chairs up in that shit! Not that I ever get swapped out for better seats...I usually get screwed over with a worse seat than I payed for :evil:

And much thanks for standing up for them. I personally don't like favors. I'd much rather be treated the same as the next guy. But the thought non the less is warming. I had a father of two little girls sitting behind me at a table at Applebees a couple weeks ago. When the waitress brought my ticket the man got up and came to my table, "I'll take that mam." he said. My community doesn't wear uniforms outside of work, but the nice man heard me talking about something. Said his father was a Vietnam era Ranger. What do you do or say to somebody like that?? All I could think of was, "thanks I appreciate it." shook his hand and let him know that his father will never be forgotten. Guy pays for our meal and all I can say is thanks...pretty weak on my part.
'03 CR500 powered by...umm...a new motor?
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

hey Mick thanks...
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
Mama

Post by Mama »

Thank you Mick
A CR500 is a thing of beauty whatever the frame is made of, but me, I'd rather ride a hoon!
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

You da man Bill!!! :dance:

Thanks Mick.
'We are motorcycle people; we walk tall and we laugh at whatever’s funny. We shit on the chests of the Weird….' HST
britincali

Post by britincali »

That is great man, nice one!!!!!!!

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Your service is thanks enough Mick
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

that is awesome man! way to go!
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.