winter project

Use some common sense ....
dahondaboy

winter project

Post by dahondaboy »

as usual i cant leave things alone and always have to be building something new. this winters project is a revers three wheeler , i am grafting a yz 250 rear to a yamaha blaster front and my old hillclimber motor, a 70 hp seca 550 yics motor. i have thought about doin it for a long time and finally got bored enough to do it. reverse trikes are very stable and agile this will be my dirt version of the can-am spyder. sorry about the messy pics but it is just in the tacked up stage. the motor is just sittin there i still have to weld some mounts in.

i dont own assault rifles, i own homeland defense rifles!!!!
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

crazy...lets go hit some jumps on it when it's finished! :?
dahondaboy

Post by dahondaboy »

i really wanna take it to the dunes for sure!
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

sweet. one question...i could of picked up for free a 1981 yamaha 4 cylinder that said yips or something like that on the ignition cover....im unsure what size the motor was but it was shaft drive, so i passed on it. were they all shaft drive and you some how put a sprocket on there or did some models come with chain drive ?
dahondaboy

Post by dahondaboy »

the 550's were the only shaft drive unfortunatly because they produced more power than engines several hundred cc's larger then they were. the seca 750 was a very hot motor. the maxim and seca 550's were identical and i have used them in meny many projects as they are lighter than a 750.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

yours was originally shaft drive and you converted it to sprocket ? how difficult was that ?
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

brilliant!
TYSTYX

Post by TYSTYX »

Crazy !! I can't wait to see the finished pics.
99 CR500R
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR Fireblade

My Drinking team has a Racing problem !

dahondaboy

Post by dahondaboy »

no its not a shaft conversion the 550 motors are chain drive factory.
dahondaboy

Post by dahondaboy »

ok i figured out how to make it tilt by suspending the lower a arms now it has 5 inches of tilt on each side and maintains up and down travel. but instead of the front shock i have now i will use a fox airshox so i can have adjustability. the rear suspension worked out well too. even though it is linkless i just turned the compression ,damping way up and it feels pretty good. just need to do some more welding add some gussets and get it powdercoated then i can move on to the engine. but now i think i will ditch the seca550 engine for a cr500 to keep it really light. the seca puts out around 65 hp so i figure i will 2 stroke it and get the same or better numbers.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

:shock:

:applaud:
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

good plan, i couldnt see it having much traction
dahondaboy

Post by dahondaboy »

i think it will have good traction with the terraflex lol not like a wheeler but the fun thing about reverse trikes is their ability to drift corners predictably. i work at a kawasaki-can-am dealer and we had a can am spyder thats where i got the idea, its a reverse tilting trike or(trt) that is made for the road and it is incredibly stable yet able to out corner its competition
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Before my lil cuz got the factory KTM ride he was with RTR riding KTM for them, and they sell the spyder, he said him and the owner were dooing 75mph or something rediculous on the highway with them.
BIGWORM500

Post by BIGWORM500 »

The T-Rex ain't got crap on that thing ,nice bike or trike whatever you call it ,it looks insane and definetly a head turner :cool: The human mind is a amazing thing :idea:
2003 AF 500
2004 CRF 50
1979 XR 500 road and trail
500hp 68 Camaro
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:Before my lil cuz got the factory KTM ride he was with RTR riding KTM for them, and they sell the spyder, he said him and the owner were dooing 75mph or something rediculous on the highway with them.
holy shit...Don rempel brought one to my moms one time and when i saw it i was like ''whaaaat is that?'' with wide open eyes...it's basically a street legal sled on wheels...pretty quick, but doesn't have the snap i wanted it to have...
dahondaboy

Post by dahondaboy »

i just picked up a cbr900 motor and it is going into my cr500 frame to be my open classer, so now the cr500 motor is going into the trike frame. it should be nice and light with plenty of power. the hardest part will be fabbing the expansion chamber to fit the beast, i will use the dimensions of the fmf fatty just reshaping it to be snug along the frame. I want it to tuck in nice an not stick out like a full drag pipe. i fitted the motor in already and looking at it i would like to do some body work that encases the sides but has cutouts to just expose the motor, kind of like the shell on a bullet bike. anyone here ever done fiber glass work?
CRMOE500

Post by CRMOE500 »

Looks like a fun ride when your finished. Even I could picture myself hitting a few jumps on that. :cool:
Fins Rule!
Liquids drool.
"If the rule you followed led you to this of what use was the rule?" Anton Chigurh
dahondaboy

Post by dahondaboy »

i got the pipe fitted in (almost) i just have to modify the tip so it runs closer to the frame but not a big deal.
dahondaboy

Post by dahondaboy »

i got the radiator mounted up and plumbed in as well as mounting the teraflex type 1 to the fexcel rim (did painted black). all i have left is to find a good seat for an 84 yz125 and side panels, find a 2001 water neck for the head and mount the maier blaster race front fender it is gonna look killer. i already have a ton of people knockin on my door to ask me about it. my friends think i need to mass produce them lol! everyone is chompin at the bit for me to get it done so they can ride it :cool: