soo i finally registered. from louisiana

A quick "How ya'Do", and a photo would be nice.
LAYNFRM

soo i finally registered. from louisiana

Post by LAYNFRM »

i've lurked a bit for a while, but want to build a CR500AF next year sometime. it'll be a supermotard, that will see the sand once or twice a year. i have two choices, build it from my current motard (06 CRF450X), or my current trail bike (00 CR250). the downfall of the CR250 is that i'd have to get ahold of the title, which might be a pain in the ass. i'm gonna start a thread in the AF section to ask a few (probobly common) questions.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Chachi swars once you ride a G/3 500 Supermoto bike, your NEVER going back.....

jbird_710

Post by jbird_710 »

Howdy! I used to live in Vidalia and Lafayette once upon a time. Get over to Alexandria a couple of times a year to visit friends.
'87 CR500R / (2) '01 CR500R / '02 MPS CR500R AF / '06 XR650R / '06 XR650L / '01 XR400R / '01 FLHTCUI / '04 CRF 450R / '84 CR500R / '89 Transalp /'05 CRF450X / '02 XR200R
Jay Birdsong

Don't you know about the Bird?
LAYNFRM

Post by LAYNFRM »

jbird_710 wrote:Howdy! I used to live in Vidalia and Lafayette once upon a time. Get over to Alexandria a couple of times a year to visit friends.
cool. i live in Central, a suburb of baton rouge. i used to be around alexandria once or twice a month to ride at kisatchie and a couple times a year at the dunes. broke both elbows on the motard, but i'm gonna be back that way when my arms heal a good bit
05 CR500AF Plated Supermotard/dual sport
01 XR650R Plated Supermotard
07 CRF80 mini-motard w/115 big bore
08 Polaris RZR
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Welcome
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

Welcome. The fam and I use to live in Slidell. Love those po-boy sandwich's! I just built an AF from a 2001 CR250. Fun conversion.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

JBaze wrote:Welcome. The fam and I use to live in Slidell.
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Welcome aboard
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
LAYNFRM

Post by LAYNFRM »

JBaze wrote:Welcome. The fam and I use to live in Slidell. Love those po-boy sandwich's! I just built an AF from a 2001 CR250. Fun conversion.

yes indeed. most of the time when i'm on vacation or whatever, and away from here, i get the weirdest looks if i ask for a po-boy. especially a shrimp or catfish po-boy. people just don't know what they're missing out on. i do get asked about boudin and crawfish a lot. i could make a killing if i'd bring a boiler and a couple sacks with me when i go places, lol
05 CR500AF Plated Supermotard/dual sport
01 XR650R Plated Supermotard
07 CRF80 mini-motard w/115 big bore
08 Polaris RZR
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

We get the crawfish here once a year. Not nearly as good though, throw in some corn and and grab a case of silver bullets and we're go to go though. I forgot all about boudin, thats some killer stuff. An old cunaz buddy of mine down near Houma makes some kick ass shrimp gumbo, but the pin head won't give up the recipe!
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

AlisoBob wrote:
JBaze wrote:Welcome. The fam and I use to live in Slidell.

Hell yeah! KY's Old Bicycle shop. Best f-ing burgers or Po-Boys as they're called and a mound of cheese fries with enough LDL to kill an elephant! If you ever get down there be sure to stop there!!! You'll sure as hell find joy there. If you like to eat like I do!
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

Welcome aboard!
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
atank

Post by atank »

Good to have you here!