Came accross this post on the other Site

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
Travis

Came accross this post on the other Site

Post by Travis »

Here is a link for you guys. If you hurry you may catch my post before it is deleted.
http://cr500riders.com/cgi/yabb/YaBB.pl ... 4478/15#18

This guy asked about a 250 engine swap and they give him the 500 or get out spill they give everyone else. I posted because this time even I think it has gotten out of hand.
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Help that dude out , by pointing him this direction...
Travis

Post by Travis »

Can do
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
Travis

Post by Travis »

coldwinter is his username.
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
MrDude_1

Post by MrDude_1 »

replied a second time and re-pointed him here.
Travis

Post by Travis »

Sad that they will not help a fellow hoon. No matter what he's riding. I could care less if he was trying to put a lawnmower engine in a bicycle. If he wants to ride I would help the best I could.
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
Travis

Post by Travis »

I doubt anyone will help him now that we have mentioned this site. They may toss me after finding the post. More power to them I guess. I rarely check it anymore.
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
MICK

Post by MICK »

It's probably because I'm an asshole...but in a way I agree with them. Atleast on the basis that I think a person should OWN or otherwise have MUCHO experience/knowldege to share concerning 500s in order to be a member. What I wouldn't like to see is either site get spammed out with garbage topics about mini bikes, 125's, 250's, fourstrokes and the like. I understand many of us have multiple bikes. If some Joe wants to ask a question about his wifes ATV, his boy's supermini or his other bike that's gravy. I got that. As long as said member can provide juicy information on CR500s, I don't care if he rides a tricycle.
My initial response to coldwinter would have been similar. "Take that shit someplace else buddy!" But it was a little too soon to pass judgement on the guy. He IS a CR500 owner and just had a legit question about his 250. The problem there was nobody knew him and interpreted that first post as some lost blogger looking for a home.
'03 CR500 powered by...umm...a new motor?
jbird_710

Post by jbird_710 »

The man posted the question in the "Off-Topic" forum and I don't understand how that could be considered a problem. If he had posted it in the "Tech" or "Conversion" forums, then I could see where some would take exception to it. Otherwise, answer the question or leave the guy alone. It's unbelievably pathetic how narrow-minded some folks are.

He probably won't last long over there anyway since he called his conversion "af" in one of his replies.
Travis

Post by Travis »

I used AF in my reply. Hahah :cool:

Big deal:
A F
l r
u a
mm
i e
n
u
m
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
Slomo

Dear Travis

Post by Slomo »

I also came across the post-
I also read this forum as I have many friends here as well.

So, since you seem to be the man in the know and his post has NOTHING to do with a CR500, I locked the post and refered him to you since you seem to be the man to talk to.
I sure hope you don't steer him wrong.
teemtrubble

Re: Dear Travis

Post by teemtrubble »

slomas wrote:I also came across the post-

So, since you seem to be the man in the know and his post has NOTHING to do with a CR500, I locked the post and refered him to you since you seem to be the man to talk to.
slomo it was just starting to get pretty good! :lol:
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
Slomo

Re: Dear Travis

Post by Slomo »

teemtrubble wrote:
slomas wrote:I also came across the post-

slomo it was just starting to get pretty good! :lol:
Travis will steer him in the right direction-
That's how I do :lol: :lol:
ou812

Post by ou812 »

Wally world has nothing to do with CR500's, yet all is good here.
Slomo

Post by Slomo »

ou812 wrote:Wally world has nothing to do with CR500's, yet all is good here.
Please expound?
ou812

Post by ou812 »

Things kind of get old if a site is so single focused on nothing but one object such as a 500. Kinda nice to have a little break such as Wally World just for a little change of pace. Over yonder things are to much like going to church.
Travis

Post by Travis »

I turned him to this site where he may get answers to his questions. I also said in my initial post that I had no idea whether it would work or not. That is why I was going to say nothing as I have for a long time on the other site. However, the guy did not ask for a bashing, he asked for advice. Give it or don't they should not have been an ass to him. As far as any steering for him, all I can say is "Welcome to Banned" when he gets tired of the BS.
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

After I read the link Travis posted, I PM'd him too to come over here. The guy said he had a 500 engine he's going to swap into an 01 frame for christs sake! I think it would be real suprising and funny to see how many of those other retards over there don't even own a 500 and just say they do so they can be on the site. I bet it would be a few to say the least. Just another reason to be here on this site. Real good people here.
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

It was in Off Topic, then locked. :roll:
MrDude_1

Post by MrDude_1 »

JBaze wrote:After I read the link Travis posted, I PM'd him too to come over here. The guy said he had a 500 engine he's going to swap into an 01 frame for christs sake! I think it would be real suprising and funny to see how many of those other retards over there don't even own a 500 and just say they do so they can be on the site. I bet it would be a few to say the least. Just another reason to be here on this site. Real good people here.
i was over there when i was still shopping for one.. didnt have one yet. lol.
kkvslayer

Post by kkvslayer »

:roll: Unfukinbelievable :roll:
1994 Heartless CR500R
1986 KX500
Slomo

Post by Slomo »

I reopened it- my error, and explained what I did in his post.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

You da' man Slomo.... Shit happens....
Travis

Post by Travis »

slomas wrote:I reopened it- my error, and explained what I did in his post.
WTF? Did I miss something? I understand the reopening and the close now that you edited the first post. But what was the hack at me to lead him though? My original comments were not at you, nor anyone in particular. I was stating fact that the guy had a right to be there yet everyone immediately tries to run someone off if they don't fit the bill. No one even asked if he had a 500. IMO shouldn't matter and would be hard to prove if the guy wanted to lie. But that is just me. Slomo I no longer have any issues with you only the job you are required to perform. Matter of Fact I could really care less. When I start caring about something it will become contagious and then I would start acting like the wife. Sorry.
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
Slomo

Post by Slomo »

Travis- I messed up and made right.... That's what it amounts to-