Another Arizona member (Chandler)

A quick "How ya'Do", and a photo would be nice.
cr_denny

Another Arizona member (Chandler)

Post by cr_denny »

Hey All,

I've been lurking around the site for a spell…while searching for a frame. Joined the other site a few years ago in hopes of building
a conversion then, but only ended up being an occasional passive reader there. I'm thinking I may fit in better over here with you rebels.

I grew up riding in Montana, and used to sell Honda parts to the local hillclimbers up there. I can remember seeing Kerry Peterson and the other great out-of-state guys climbing in Billings at the Great American up there when I was a kid. I know there’s a handful of hillclimbers on this board. I’m sure I won’t offend by saying you guys are nuts, but I could watch hillclimb videos all day long!

Been burning through too much money on the Baja for the last couple of years for my 450X. I’ve recently come across an '05 CRF450R to take my 500 engine, so I’m real anxious to get crackin’. I've got two steel framers in the garage right now - a '91 (good shape) and an '01 (excellent shape) that only get ridden by friends and only a half a dozen times a year at most. The '91 is ripe for the pickin’.

I'd been riding the 500's for the past 15 years or so, but I bought the 450 X a few years ago and found the it was easier for me to ride as I grew older, fatter, and lazier. Guess I shouldn't have been such a pussy, but I really enjoy the 450X down here in AZ. My thoughts now, are that I'll have a place in my life for both the 4 stroke and 2 stroke macheenz, but judging what I've been reading from you guys that have completed your builds is that I'll want to keep mixing my gas. I'm okay with that!

Anyways, I look forward to probably asking too many questions. I’ll try to thoroughly document my process as most of you have done and you’ll probably see me trying to peddle off most of the parts off of my ’91. Anyone looking for a rolling chassis?

Oh, and if ShanMan is still out there, we never got to meet at Honeywell, but I'm definitely up for riding with anyone in the Phoenix area.

Sorry if I'm being a long winded bastard. I'll just close by saying this is my first time using an emoticon. :x

I'm glad I got that out of the way.

Later,
Dennis
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Welcome aboard
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

welcome to the site
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
Travis

Post by Travis »

Welcome
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
atank

Post by atank »

Good to have Ya! :P
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Welcome
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!