Go Green

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
ou812

Go Green

Post by ou812 »

So being our pal Joshwfl posted up his RM125 bargin, I figured I'd post up my latest bargin find. I picked up this 92 KX500 for $900, came with a PC pipe on it and also a new OEM silencer. Motor has a top and bottom rebuild with about 5 hours on it, it has a reed spacer block and dual stage carbon fiber reeds. Has a gripper seat cover, new steering head bearings and o-ring chain, new front rotor and pads, Pro Taper bars. Also on the side as extras it came with extra plastic , higher rate fork springs and a near mint FMF gnarley pipe. The only issue is a broken rear spoke and it needs a new rear tire.

I haven't had time for a real ride but other then it is way rich on jetting it sure has a differant power compaired to a CR500. If I like the motor it may just end up in a 02 KX250 roller which I can get very cheap.

britincali

Post by britincali »

Dude that clean as hell for $900, great steal :cool: :cool: :cool:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
ou812

Post by ou812 »

The guy just had no intrest in riding and wanted it gone, been a long time since I've got a sweet deal..... makes me kinda want to... :nanna: then fire up a fatty.... :blur:
Joshwfl

Post by Joshwfl »

Awesome looking bike for the price! Looks like he never rode it.
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

very nice :cool:
'We are motorcycle people; we walk tall and we laugh at whatever’s funny. We shit on the chests of the Weird….' HST
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

Looks great! I suggest you change the tranny oil OFTEN in it, and run it rich to keep it lasting. Nice looking mosheen. :o
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

go green? :homo: :lol:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Re: Go Green

Post by AlisoBob »

ou812 wrote:.... it sure has a differant power compaired to a CR500.
Yea, like 2/3 as much....

:flamewar:
bigjay

Post by bigjay »

fack.. hell of a clean bike man, thats a deal all day right there, you can flip that bike and make +/- a grand. that doesent look like a stock kx500 rear fender.. is it? looks like a newer bikes style with the flat long profile.
Jay

I break stuff
ou812

Post by ou812 »

The rear fender is a universal fit one. As for it's future I don't really want to start stocking kawi parts so I may flip it and make a grand or after a good long ride after jetting I may go the KX250 conversion. As for power it doesn't have the strong CR pull in the mid but power is way wider, I can't tell what the final power will be like as it has stock jetting and the reed block spacer and reed combo has make it very rich. I really ain't a big Kawi guy but it is intesting to play with something a little differant.
Nodge

Post by Nodge »

I have done far worse things with $900 than buy a kawasaki with it.
Nice steal.
Yah, I'm from Saskatchetoon!

MRE 02 250/500 conversion, pulse injector, twirp porting, coolhead, MRE ignition, blah blah blah blah... www.millarengines.com
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

nice
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

I say kx450f A/F conversion time!!! :wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
ttoks

Post by ttoks »

once it's jetted right, it will be a whole different machine.

with the stock pipe you want to to a 55 pilot instead of the stock 58, 2nd clip on the needle and 1 1/2 turn on the air screw as a starting point (at sea level), they're way to rich stock. the PC pipe you want to lean the bottom a bit and richen the top, PC pipe gives it fair chunk more top end, stock pipe they might as well be tractors, add a fly wheel weight though and they make awesome woods bikes.

you'll also notes it doesn't handle to well, might wanna do that KX250 convention..
Light a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day, light a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

I put a 55 in a friends 2000. It started a lot easier for him.
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Sweet
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

ttoks wrote: add a fly wheel weight though and they make awesome woods bikes.
straight out of the box the kawasaki is extremely slow revving compared to the honda (kawasaki is 1mm longer rod and 8mm longer stroke), if a flywheel weight is added it only makes it alot worse....me being a ex-owner of a kx500, no way in hell i would add a flywheel weight under any condition :? , thats just me though. infact you can dig up every 500cc shootout magazine from the 90's and they clearly say the same thing, kx500 revs slow as a freight train
ttoks

Post by ttoks »

it still stalls easily though, might rev slowly but i'd take that over trying to start it mid hill.
Light a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day, light a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
ou812

Post by ou812 »

It is a great trail motor, it will lug way lower then the CR