Dumont Jan 25-27

WTF Happened!!!!
ISBB

Dumont Jan 25-27

Post by ISBB »

Man......... What can i say... Awesome people, Awesome Rides, Most excellent time.

Bob let me ride the "Factory 500AFC" man that thing is nice.. Comparing his to my steelie its like a 1 ton ford vs a caddy.. Man that thing is plush. No fighting the bars and muscling around the bike just go. 17lbs weight diffrence feels like 50.. I cant wait to get one done.

Sabre bud.. You did awesome for your first time back in the dunes in a long time. You did great especially on that bike of yours.. Took a couple awesome tumbles but it was fun. Especially that last endo.. I thought wow this guy has some balls just goin up burpin it and sailing over.. then as soon as i come over all i see is rear wheel, front wheel, rear wheel, front wheel.. Glad your ok after the tumbles.

It was great riding with everyone and great meeting some new faces.

Ohh yea.. One last thing.

BRIT GOT BEAT BY A NATURALLY ASPIRATED 500 WHILE HE WAS ON THE BOTTLE!!!!!! Man you got your ass handed to ya..
97 Steel 500 that wants to be an AFC
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

C'mon Sabre, I see you lurking, give us a report on the ride!!!!!! :)
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Great ride.... Started off with a bang Friday, sitting by the campfire, under a full moon.

Two things happened, right off the bat.

1. "Adolph" showed up for a little schnapps....

2. One of Brits buddy's got a little rowdy, spent some time on the Wood Pile.
<no photo available>

Sat's ride was great, Sabre did real well....

Allot of Hoon's rode my A/F..... everyone seemed to have a good time on it.

Here's MFDB ( Who would have thought this would happen a year and a half ago?)

Justin shown some big Skillz with 5th gear, Looooooong down hill wheelies.

Brit raced about everyone at the dunes...5x....

Brit rode the dunes well too, usually I'm right behind him, but I had to cut a few corners to keep up this time....

Sabre comments that I looked fast through the whoops on the sand highway area.... My A/F soaks um up so well... Believe me..its the bike, not me.

MFDB and the wonderful Danielle were very gracious hosts to me while I "Stray Cat-ed" at their trailer. Brits friend Grey is too cool, and will hopefully ride with us more. ISBB , thanks for coming out, glad you got your idle situation corrected... Great food, conversation, and riding was had by all.... 58 miles by my odometer..

:woot: :woot:
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

5 gallons by my odometer.. = some good riding.. :P
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Exnav wrote:C'mon Sabre, I see you lurking, give us a report on the ride!!!!!! :)

Yep I am here. My body is letting me know today that I got tossed a couple of times out there!!

First off let me just say that

I HAD A FREAKIN' BLAST OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to give big props to MFDB and Danielle for feeding me very well ( I want more of that cheesecake Danielle)!!
Props to Brit for giving me a place to crash for the night and breakfast in the morning.
It was cool meeting ISBB, Daniel (or Adolph as we call him), Grey, the Woodpile Kid and his buddy, and all of Justin's family and friends.

Bob's AF rides as good as it looks no doubt. I am kicking myself for passing it up! We were heading back to camp going through some whoops and I am doing the "Rocking Horse" well here come Big Bob doing a wheelie through them and passes me like I was in slow mo. I think to myself " Look at Buck......He's styling big time!!"

Brits NOS bike is fast as hell but I didn't get the chance to throw a leg over it. :cry: Maybe next time.

Justin.............. that man can ride!!!! Enough said!!!!!!!!!!!

As for me I really enjoyed ripping up the dunes even though I had two really good get offs. I blame one on Bob!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It took me a bit to get used to the feel of the sand with the front end of my bike because it felt like it either always wanted to wash out or bite too hard and twist competly out from under you. Speed is your freind in the dunes!!!!!!
My two wrecks I am told were both pretty spectacular (don't know myself really the first one all I seen was dirt the second dirt ....sky.....dirt .......sky) so the ones that seen it can spill it!
The first wreck I hit a rut and it basically just stopped the bike cold and twisted the bars from my hands and over I went. Wasn't going too fast but kinda knocked the wind outta me. The second (the one I am blaming Bob for :lol: :lol: )We were coming to the top of a razor back and I was following Bob figuring how he goes over the ridge I will do pretty much the same. good thinking Huh! Well Bob at the very top lays his bike over and I am heading straight for him with a full ahead of steam. I think to myself (another bad idea) and decide to change course a bit well I went to the left abit when I should have went right. Now I am heading damn near straight over the razor back so need
less to say I launched myself off the razor and went into an instant nose dive!!! The rest is nothing but dirt and sky to me and the sickening sound of my bike crunching somewhere behind me.
But I did get up and refired the bike and rode it all the way back to camp and seriously the first wreck actually hurt worse than the second.
I have some vids of the drag racing but none of the ride because my card filled up. I will post them as soon as I can.

I almost forgot.......
I must give huge props to my buddy Bob for giving me a brand new 14 tooth Ironman front sprocket!!!!! Thanks bro your the best!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by sabreguy on January 27th, 2008, 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

sabreguy wrote:....Now I am heading damn near straight over the razor back so needles to say I launched myself off the razor and went into an instant nose dive!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOMZHHjW8-0

Sabre wrote: I must give huge props to my buddy Bob for giving me a brand new 14 tooth Ironman front sprocket!
Didnt know that I did, I gave you the REAR sprockets.

:roll:
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

AlisoBob wrote:
Sabre wrote: I must give huge props to my buddy Bob for giving me a brand new 14 tooth Ironman front sprocket!
Didnt know that I did, I gave you the REAR sprockets.

:roll:
Ok I admit I kinda sorta maybe "stole" it from ya, but I promise to get it (more likely a brand new one) back to you soon. Very soon.
I just loaded up the bike and didn't think nothing about it until I asked you if you wanted either back you said you wanted the front but I just never got over to take it back off so it followed me home. Just before I get to Baker I get a voicemail saying I had your sprocket. OOOOOPS!
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

VIDEO TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Click here to watch Dumont-26Jan08

Sound is a little funny but you should get the drift!

Have a couple more coming but pretty much the same thing.
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I'm majorly bummed that I missed this one... Sounds like a great time was had by all :D
Danielle called me yesterday (while I was at home depot :( ) and Justin told me all about the nos solenoid sticking! :shock: I'm really bummed that I missed all the fun. Oh well, next time for sure!!!
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Part 2

Click here to watch Dumont-Part-2

This one has a really good race between me and Bob. We were neck and neck handle bar to handle bar the whole way!
It also shows a good shot of the Woodpile Kid!
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

sabreguy wrote: Ok I admit I kinda sorta maybe "stole" it from ya, but I promise to get it (more likely a brand new one) back to you soon. Very soon.
About the only time I ride the 14 is on those Edwards Base rides... Run it for a while, make sure it what you want.
britincali

Post by britincali »

I had a bitchen time and am REALLY sore rite now, both the bikes ran good apart from the NOS issue that reared its ugly head towards the end yesterday.

Saber you did kickass man im proud of ya :cool:

ISBB hauled way more ass than I expected especially with a 205 main :shock: , and yes that guy on the NA CR500 OWNED me, it was the perfect combination of bitchin riding skills, an awsome port job and a light rider. I told him about the site twice so I hope he joins up here :D

MFDB thanks for the gas and nos :cool:

Bob thanks for making the bigass drive out.

Im tired an sore, I will post more later....
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

sweet vid's bud.. next time adjust the camera UP a little bit.. :P got to see alot of sand..
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

britincali wrote: ISBB hauled way more ass than I expected especially with a 205 main :shock:

Just wait till we get together and go on a big boy's ride!! Justins rides were medium - slow paced.. when we really get rockin its 4-5th gear and nothing less.. Cant wait to do it again.. Good times for sure.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

ISBB wrote:

Justins rides were medium - slow paced.. when we really get rockin its 4-5th gear and nothing less..
I need to step my game up....

:?
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

AlisoBob wrote:
ISBB wrote:

Justins rides were medium - slow paced.. when we really get rockin its 4-5th gear and nothing less..
I need to step my game up....

:?
X2

OH yea I forgot we found a 500 that Big Bob couldn't start!!!!

And I own it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

ISBB wrote:sweet vid's bud.. next time adjust the camera UP a little bit.. :P got to see alot of sand..
Yea I was kinda bummed. That is the bummer with these camera you don't know what you have until you play it back. Thought I had it dailed in pretty decent before I left but you see the results. On the up side though I have to ride more to get it adjusted right so back to the dirt for me!!!!
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Actually there not to bad, I don't have a stiff neck from looking sideways. :lol:

Wished I could of been there but the knew the winds coming home would have been killer plus I've had to deal with this wood pile and lack of money took care of that. I'm sure you guys will be goin again soon.
zorak-2

Post by zorak-2 »

That video was of Seth was from crusty demons of the dirt 1.He broke both legs on that jump I think thats what I heard.

You can do anything when on meth.
This site rocks
GEN 4 CRF500
britincali

Post by britincali »

So come on wheres the rest of the pics?? I know danielle took at least 14 million........

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Wheres your ride report?
britincali

Post by britincali »

AlisoBob wrote:Wheres your ride report?

I rode, I hurt, I din't really crash, the NOS bike ran like shit on sunday and tore off 4 paddles, the AF as usual did awsome!

Oh and MFDBs "razorback" ride on sunday scared the shit outta me :shock: :shock: :shock:

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Did it rain any out there Sat night or Sunday. Right after I got home Sat night the heavens opened up and the rain came down big time all night long!
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

britincali wrote:

Oh and MFDBs "razorback" ride on sunday scared the shit outta me :shock: :shock: :shock:
yeah, my first couple times out I had some nerve issues. from riding trails and woods, looking at those huge dunes and trying not to imagine tumbling to my death was though. But he made me go up and over the craziest stuff out there... now its second nature to be... and now..."I NEED MORE POWER"
HAHAHA :D :D
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
britincali

Post by britincali »

It rained pretty hard on sat night saber.

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok