cylinder trade

Come on in, No registration needed.... Thinkin' about stepping up to the ultimate dirtbike? Ask any questions you need answered.

ALSO: Post anything your looking for, or that is taking up space and you want to get ride of.. ALL TRANSACTIONS ARE BETWEEN THE BUYER / SELLER!
mocr13

cylinder trade

Post by mocr13 »

wanting to see if there is any intrest in 1988 cr500 cylinder wanting to trade for newer style cylinder with water outlet on side of the cylinder not the back like the 88,havent pulled the cylinder yet,so cant say what it looks like inside yet but if someone is interested ill pull it and we can go from there! Thanks mocr13
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

Jus wondering out loud, but doesn't the '88 have the cylinder cast for the outlet on the side? it so, couldn't you machine the casting flat, bore and thread it for the spigot then put a block off plate on the back? I suppose if you can't do the work your self, might as well trade or sell the 88 and buy a later one, could actually make money on the deal if you are lucky :D
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!
mocr13

Post by mocr13 »

I don't feel comfortable drilling on my cylinder and with my luck id proably screw it up,and as far as selling it and buying a new one again with my luck id proably wind up in the hole on that deal too,not much of a wheeler dealer ! Thanks though
kball1313

Post by kball1313 »

Still looking for a newer jug? We might be able to work something out. Whats the bore size on yours?
If if doesn't kill you, it hurts like hell.
Quads are dirtbikes for fat kids.
mocr13

Post by mocr13 »

Kball. Pm sent