APT SmartCarb selection

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
JasonB

APT SmartCarb selection

Post by JasonB »

Looking at the smart carbs right now and trying to decide if i really need anything bigger than the 38mm cast carb. The 40mm is billet, double the price, and is the one recommended for the 500 class of machines. I realize not alot of people have these on their bikes yet, but after watching some of the youtube vids and reading up on them i feel like it would be a worthwhile investment.

thats not the real point here. What i am curious about, is will the 2mm difference in carb size make a significant difference that would merit spending an extra 500$ ? I saw the video of Adam Millar posted on here with a basically stock 500 running a billet 38mm apt carb, so his size selection is probably a good indication that my stock 88 motor would do just fine with a 38mm cast apt carb. Anyone have thoughts otherwise? thanks for the input
ATC500R
ATC310R
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Re: APT SmartCarb selection

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

JasonB wrote:.. I saw the video of Adam Millar posted on here with a basically stock 500 running a billet 38mm apt carb...
BTW, thats me :wink:
JasonB

Post by JasonB »

lol ya i got that from the post with the video. reading the thread you linked now, thanks for the info Adam!
ATC500R
ATC310R