ATAC Style Power Valve

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
Pony

ATAC Style Power Valve

Post by Pony »

Hey everyone! I ran across the other 2 stroke site I'm on. It is an ATAC style powervalve the guy is hoping to manufacture for a bunch of different bikes including the CR500. I dont know many of the details with it but you can see pics and hear his explanation here:

http://www.2strokeworld.com/forum/index ... ic=20044.0

Its exciting that people are still developing new technology for our old 2 strokers!
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

The KX boys did it right on 87-88 cylinders where the chamber was in the cylinder and head, similar system but they also incorporated a varriable exhaust port timing after '89

With that Zeeltronic part things will work out great
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

I hope he does well with it,
in hind sight he probably would have been better off with the cheetah cylinders which have an exhaust port.
A friend of mine had a banshee, stroked and cub cylinders, using the term light switch was not good enough for describing the powerband, more like striking an arc, it was unridable, only good for hill shooting, he changed to the cheetah cylinders and made a world of difference.
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

I have enough trouble trying to hang on as it is now. :)
B440

Post by B440 »

I had an 86 CR125 with atac valve; It worked awesome on the low end when the atac chamber fell off, essentially giving me infinite volume, but with the chamber on it was fairly worthless.