The GodFather of Freestyle to Race Fans & Celebrities @

Upcoming Events:

Congrates to Team Peterson for a great 2010 season!!!
rpeterson

The GodFather of Freestyle to Race Fans & Celebrities @

Post by rpeterson »

Mike Metzger will join a host of celebrities this Sunday at Pole Position Raceway in Corona, California to kick off a holiday toy drive. Metzger will be joined by Kathryn Morris (star of CBS’s Cold Case), Skeet Ulrich (star of CBS’s Jericho), Stanton Barrett (NASCAR racer), Alex O’Loughlin (star of Moonlight on CBS), Paul Livingston (5-time Land Speed Record Holder), Robie Peterson (Motorcycle Hillclimb World Champion) and several other celebrities on December 2 at 10: 00 a.m. This will give fans a chance to get an autograph or picture with the X-Games champ, buy something from his new MetzBrand line, or even race him in a high-performance kart. Pole Position Raceway will be accepting donations until December 24 for distribution in the surrounding communities. Pole Position Raceway will also give $5 off any standard adult race with any new item donated. For more information check out www.polepositionraceway.com <http://www.polepositionraceway.com> or call 951/817-5032 The event is supported by IE Weekly, Racer X, Corona Motorsports, Smooth Industries, Smithline, Troy Lee Designs, MetzBrand and Storage Valet, all of whom have donated products and services to make this a success. You can also check out www.tenpals.com <http://www.tenpals.com> for more info on Mike Metzger and his fast-paced world.

Pole Position Raceway Locations

1594 E. Bentley Dr.
Corona, CA
951/817-5032

41810 McAlby Court
Murrieta, CA
951/461-1600

2905 N.W. 36th
Oklahoma City, OK
405/942-2292

4175 S. Arville
Las Vegas, NV
702-227-RACE
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Metz and Peterson are the only celeb names I know from that list.....

... and I'm proud of that!

Regardless, sounds like a good event for a great cause. Robies party at P/P was a hoot..... go check this event out!!
rpeterson

Post by rpeterson »

Thanks, Bob. Reed is a tentative entry also. We schooled his ass last time he came out with his full driving suit on ready for a NASCAR event. :lol: My boy Todd LeDuc from the CORR series will be there also.

RP
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

AlisoBob wrote:Metz and Peterson are the only celeb names I know from that list.....

... and I'm proud of that!

Regardless, sounds like a good event for a great cause. Robies party at P/P was a hoot..... go check this event out!!
X2 Thanks Robbie
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

rpeterson wrote: Reed is a tentative entry also. We schooled his ass last time he came out with his full driving suit on ready for a NASCAR event. :lol:
I'll come show him a little "Bump and Go"...

"Slingshot, engaged ..."

:wink:
rpeterson

Bubbas In!

Post by rpeterson »

If you bump any one besides Jay, I think they are going through the wall. :lol: Add Mr. James "Bubba" Stewart to the list for Sunday also. Now that boy can drive! He took me on two outta three races last time we ran. I also threw out the invite to the Speedway boys to bring a bike down and get in on the celeb. race.

RP
hagendog

Post by hagendog »

I've been known to throw a tire in there too, your dad is the worst though, Kerry is dirty and fast!
rpeterson

Post by rpeterson »

What up player? :belch:
RP
hagendog

Post by hagendog »

Don't make me unleash the hurricane on you and your stink eye
HATE HATE HATE
rpeterson

Post by rpeterson »

uh oh, "The Hurricane" and not Bob Hannah boys. :lol: Nice photo from your RP file. Don't make me pull out the Anaheim aftermath photos.
hagendog

Post by hagendog »

What, when I owned super Kev in your front yard or when I passed out like Brit holding my junk? I have those pics too fooker
and Dymond
Last edited by hagendog on November 26th, 2007, 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pstoffers

Post by pstoffers »

YAAAAAAA Boyzzzz best ride ever.........
NAHA PRO HILLCLIMBER #216
LIVIN THE DREAM!!!

NOTHING BUT GREEN LABEL BLENDZALL!!!

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/P ... /Home.aspx
http://www.pro-hillclimbers.org/
hagendog

Post by hagendog »

Notice the cig in mouth during the takedown, and the cig in hand while the other is on the junk protecting from Hayden and his antics!!!
britincali

Post by britincali »

If I aint riding this weekend I might go to this, whose else is rolling out from the site?
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
rpeterson

+ Chad Reed

Post by rpeterson »

Chad Reed will be making it out for a few laps. Thanks to Jeff Barger from Nor Cal for participating in the Toy Drive by sending down a package of goodies for the kids, much appreciated. Any of you other guys that would like to donate an unwraped gift to a great cause, please feel free to PM me for the address info.

http://www.racerxill.com/breakingnews/a ... nday-.aspx

Happy Holidays,

RP
rpeterson

Nor Cal Boy Donation

Post by rpeterson »

Thanks to Jeff Barger for this donation. Very nice choice of toys! :D

Check out the extra extended swing arm to make it a hillclimber:

RP
rpeterson

CHAD REED WINS MARTY MOATES MEMORIAL

Post by rpeterson »

Former AMA Supercross Champ Chad Reed won the first-ever Mary Moates Memorial event at Pole Position Raceway in Corona, California on December 2. It was all part of a celebrity-filled toy drive kickoff for the USMC’s Toys For Tots program. “I really wanted to do this for Marty,” said David Barrett who helped organize the race. “He was the type of guy who would do anything for kids, and I thought it would be fitting to name the race in his honor.” Moates, who passed away last December, is most-remembered as the winner of the 1980 U.S. GP at the famed Carlsbad Raceway. Reed spent most of the 16-lap race battling with pro hillclimber Bret Peterson. Peterson led until the very last lap when Reed made a more on the inside of a 180-degree right hand turn.

“That was one of the funnest races I’ve ever had in a kart,” said Reed. “It was a great race and there were a lot of people cheering us on. I never thought it would be that close!”

“I knew it was only a matter of time before he got me,” said Peterson. “I knew he was just a few feet behind me, and I knew I couldn’t afford to make any mistakes. It was a clean race and it’s all for a great cause.”

Peterson’s brother Robie, the reigning Hillclimb World Champ, finished third ahead of Mike Metzger and land speed record holder Paul Livingston.

RESULTS

1. Chad Reed – 2004 AMA Supercross Champ

2. Bret Peterson – Pro Motorcycle Hillclimber

3. Robie Peterson – 2007 Hillclimb World Champ

4. Mike Metzger – X-Games Gold Medalist

5. Paul Livingston – 5-time Motorcycle Land Speed Record Holder

6. Skeet Ulrich – Star of Jericho on CBS

7. Stanton Barrett – NASCAR driver

8. Alex O’Loughlin – Star of Moonlight

9. Kathryn Morris – Star of Cold Case

10. Glen Plake – World Famous Skier

Photos:

RP on the start:

Oloughlin, Reed, Morris:

NASCAR Stanton Barrett:

Kathryn Morris w/ Glen Plake Extreme Skier:

Morris and Metz:

Metzger and RP:

Bret leading Reed:

Bret tucking in behind Reed in the Main:

Actor Alex Oloughlin:

The Podium:

The Pole Position Raceway Toy Drive continues until December 24 at all four locations:

1594 E. Bentley Dr.

Corona, CA 92879

951/817-5032

41810 McAlby Court

Murrieta, CA 92565

951/461-1600

2905 N.W. 36th

Oklahoma City, OK 73112

405/942-2292

4175 S. Arville

Las Vegas, NV 89103

702-227-RACE

Ken Faught, President

Pole Position Raceway, Inc

1594 Bentley Drive

Corona, CA 92879

www.racep2r.com <outbind://15/www.racep2r.com>

951/817-5032

951/817-9256
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

Sweet. I can't believe you guys let Reed beat you. :P
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Hellbear wrote:Sweet. I can't believe you guys let Reed beat you. :P
LET is right the Petersons own that track
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
rpeterson

Post by rpeterson »

All right here's the deal on the Main, not to make any excuses BUT. :D We had timed qualifying and Ken Faught made sure that Reed was in the fastest cart (#37) so that he had a good spot for the main. So he ended up #1 qualifier with Bret, Metz, then msyself. In the Main Reed and Bret took off from the pack that was pure chaos due to Glen Plake's wife turning me sideways on the rolling start. :evil: Look five cars back and you can see my front end shooting across the track.

I battled with Metz on my way to the front briefly, but Bret and Reed had already checked out. Two more laps and I would have had them both. As for Bret losing the lead, "Rookie Move" little brother. :lol:

*Metzger is in for the Glen Helen Hillclimb. I'm going to be practicing with him over the winter. He has some new KTM's from 3BROS he is reppin'.

RP

RP
rpeterson

Vegas!

Post by rpeterson »

Here are a few shots from Vegas over the weekend. Some of the gear is up and other stuff is going to be rotated through out the 4 locations.

Metzgers gear and art from the fountain jump:

Metz's bike and photo of the 130' gap:

Dave Watson's Jersey in the rafters:

Dave Watson's Gear:

P2R Cart:

RP's 700:

Track:

RP's World Championship Gear:
BIGDESTO

Post by BIGDESTO »

looks like you guys had a blast.. we have MB2 out in granada hills that we hit up every now and then.. i know they can control the speeds of the carts. They should set up the carts alittle faster forthe heavier guys to make it fair :lol:
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

saw the pole posistion charger out around my house the other day... down in southern highlands.. :D
97 Steel 500 that wants to be an AFC