Fabricator looking for trouble!

A quick "How ya'Do", and a photo would be nice.
Speed Freek

Fabricator looking for trouble!

Post by Speed Freek »

Well first off..

Hello, my name is Jason and I am a horsepower addict, my addiction started at a very young age and even through various 12 step programs, it has failed to rid me of these "gremlins" so I just figured why fight it?

So I have decided to throw all caution to the wind and allow my addiction to run unbridled with no restraint whatsoever.

I have several bikes at the moment, heres a list.

1. 2008 CRF 450R
mods: 488 kit, stg 3 cam, porting, rekluse, Prec, concepts susp. and other stuff.

2. 2005 CRF450R (plated Arizona bike) tons of mods...

3. 2006 YZ 250 2t
mods: EG 300cc top end with porting and reshaped dome, rekluse, Noleen susp. PCII pipe w/304 shrty., WR gearset, etc...

Thats what my stable cosists of currently, the newest bike to me is the YZ300 and I really love it, finally back on a 2 stroke (its currently my favorite) and did the motor and trans and runs like a top! Well if that wasnt enough I am toying around with the idea of building a new bike, I used to have a CR500 Sumo that was a lot of fun and would like to have that kind of power in the open desert where I frequently ride in the cooler season.

My 300 is pretty fast, but the 500 should take it to the next level, especially since I am only 5'6" and 125lbs, the size of an 11th grader with the strength of 20 horses, lol. I have been riding and racing for over 25 years and have owned about every bike possible, now that leads me to here, I want to build the lightest 500 possible, and havent started looking to see which chassis is going to be the best donor for the project.

I saw that the 125 chassis seems the lightest, but seems it requires far more work than a comprable 250 chassis, I dont mind the work as I am a faricator so thats no problem, but need to figure out what the ideal swap is these days as I am ignorant to this info at this time.

Anyway will be asking a lot of questions soon, so thanks in advance fellas!
I cant wait to ride a 500 again, hopefull I will be able to start it, hahaha, I might have to wear a backpack with a 45lb plate in it for better starting inertia!