Jetting Baseline

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
Papagyo

Jetting Baseline

Post by Papagyo »

Hi all,

Hoping someone can provide a baseline for me to go from as I cannot find much for the altitude I am at. Bike has a 2001 engine with 38 PWK. When I got it, came from an elevation of 1033ft and the guy had a 178m 40p and CDJ needle on the 3rd spot. I live at 4500ft and 99% of our riding is between the 5000 and 8500ft. I bought a JD kit because it seemed to work pretty good for my KTM but not so much for this thing. JD said to use 178m 45p and his blue needle at 3rd. Well that does not work as it bludders when you get on it from about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. I also went down a long stretch at 8000ft and WFO it bludders a bit too. Any ideas where a good starting point would be? I also use Maxima 927 at 35:1. Thanks.

Brian
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

There isn't a baseline for that accept what's in the manuel. And even at that ymmv. Should be Will very. However,

I suggest putting a 172 main, and we don't know what a"Blue" needle translates to. So I'd go back to your cdj needle second notch from the top. Maybe a 50 pilot but I'd leave the 45 in there for now unless your having down low issues.

I had major rich problem this weekend and didn't know it last month. Big dif was last time was about 85*, this time was 95-100.
I moved the needle down one and it was like a fresh top end.
I could tell it was right on as soon as she fired up.

I grabbed a hand full of throttle and almost looped her for the first time. Then I though, dam, she was running that shity last time and didn't know it, but I thought something was up then, just needed the warmer temp to rear its ugly head.

Yours is a stock motor?
Trinity Racing mild porting FMF
62 pilot, EGH needle, 172 main
03 Gen III CR250 frame

2013 Dodger Charger 5.7 Hemi

http://www.prisonplanet.com

Your Amsoil Customer # 350882