My Gen 5 --- shitload of pics

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
killtman

Post by killtman »

ridin4fun wrote:Man, she's a beauty! Just curious, will a standard CR500 pipe of any variety bolt up with less extensive mods?

In fact, I really don't know if another pipe would fit that fine because it was really custom made.

If you look at an FMF Fatty shape compared to an OEM, it's quite different on the expansion chamber. Only the fixing mounts are the same.

And I don't know if another aftermarket pipe have enough clearance around the water pipe or below the right side radiator. I can't say about that.
An OEM will surely fit and could be bolted up but I would certainly struggle with some clearance here and there and could face issues because the pipe touches the cradle or the water pump.

What is sure is that the silencer is a unique piece especially made to fit the subframe, so about it we all can say that no aftermaket or even OEM silencer will fit an AF subframe because they are made to fit steelies. For the silencer, you do need to make brackets... or make a custom silencer.
tvalliere27

Post by tvalliere27 »

AlisoBob wrote:Good job, report back on how it all holds together and how it handles compared to your other rides...

Theres always more than one way to skin a cat though.... this seems to me the easiest and cleanest way to do it...

Britintheuk's bike...

OEM cradle with a billet "Y" , indexed at both ends.
is this Y available for sale anywhere?