America .... Land of the (homo's) Free

Express YOUR point, no pissing matches.

List sources whenever possible!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

America .... Land of the (homo's) Free

Post by AlisoBob »

You gotta be fudging kidding me.... I though Footbal was about kicking ass, and crushing heads... More pussification of American in action.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog ... ool-wp9491

Touchdown celebration penalty costs Mass. team a state title
By Cameron Smith

When he raised his fist on his way to the end zone, Boston (Mass.) Cathedral High quarterback Matt Owens thought he was celebrating the score that would hand his school a surprising Super Bowl title. Instead, he was doing the one thing that could keep them from it: Earning a penalty on a play where there was nothing but green turf between himself and the end zone.

As reported by the Boston Globe and Boston Herald among other sources, Owens was handed an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for raising his fist during his run to the end zone in the fourth quarter, a call which negated the touchdown and moved the ball back to the spot of the foul at the Blue Hills (Mass.) High 24-yard line.

You can see Owens' exact celebratory action in the photo from the Herald above.

The called back touchdown cost Cathedral the lead -- had Owens reached the end zone without incident, Cathedral would have gained an 18-16 lead with roughly six minutes remaining in the game. A play later, the quarterback essentially cost his team the game, throwing an interception to Blue Hills cornerback Keith Gomes that paved the way for Blue Hills to run out the rest of the clock and seal a 16-12 victory.

"In the game being played, we won the game. Give Blue Hills a lot of credit. They are a great football team, but we deserve better. The game got taken away from us," Cathedral coach Duane Sigsbury told the Globe. "If you're going to take a game away from a kid being excited because he just made the play of his life, shame on you."

The Globe pointed out that by definition, the Massachusetts official who threw the flag appeared to make the right call. The state uses NCAA rules and regulations for its football competitions, and The College Football Officiating guidelines state the following in regards to unsportsmanlike conduct on a play that results in a touchdown:

If the ball is alive when the player makes a taunting gesture, then the penalty is enforced at the spot of the foul - and the key outcome: no touchdown.

Still, there were reportedly a number of reasons for the teen's jubilant reaction. In addition to the fact that he was yards away from what would have been a potential state title-earning score, the teen's father told the Boston Herald that Saturday was his 18th birthday, and that his son was thanking the Lord for helping him break through for such a key play.

"He raised his hand because he knew was going to the pinnacle," Kenneth Owens told the Herald on Monday. "There was nothing dishonorable about the play. There was no doubt it was a touchdown. He gets 20 yards in -- and he's not thinking about the rule -- and he just raised his hand.

"He handed the ball to the referee. He didn't spike it. He goes to a Catholic school where they are taught that their God is in the sky. So I know when he raised his hand, he was thanking his Lord for what happened to him today. Football is a team sport. There's lot of kids that are hurting today."

Still, the official's interpretation of that rule was further supported by Joe Cacciatore, the assigner for officials in the Catholic Conference and Greater Boston League, who spoke to the Herald about the incident.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

cunts
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

I played football for years and for the most part like the rule. It keeps people from doing all the stupid shit on their way to scoring and afterwards. My High School Coach didn't put up with any shit, you talk with your helmet and pads. My college coach used to always tell guys "act like you have been there before" This call seems kinda weak but the rules are the rules, you let him get away with holding his hand to the lord next week you have a gangbanger holding up his affiliations symbol. I agree with the officials why make it subjective....just fucking run, score, hand the ball to the official and get lined up for your kick.

I was an offensive lineman in college and hated all the dancing and crap, half the time I could have run the ball in with the hole me and my fellow hogs on the line left our backs to run through......guess I'm just a hater, O-line never gets any love :cry:

If I had ever scored a touchdown I had my Rhino Chicken dance ready to go.....My coaches didn't even want me to try to pick it up and run when I was on defence, "Rhino if you see the ball fumbled you just jump on it and make it ours, That way we can get it to the people who know how to handle it"
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Naaaaa... a little fist pump when you scored the T/D to win State should be acceptable.

What made the USA great was the notion of exceptionalism.... Football is now played under soccer mentality.
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

I think that was a BS call, if he had turned to anyone on the other teams players it would have been taunting.
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

mx has the same gay BS politics

http://www.racerxonline.com/2006/02/28/ ... el-penalty

RC got disqualified for the tinyest amount of lead in his fuel, not enough to make any performance diffrence at all, im asumming it dosent actually hurt power
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

AlisoBob wrote:Naaaaa... a little fist pump when you scored the T/D to win State should be acceptable.
Football rules are not subjective, he didn't win the state title, he lost it. Keep his hand down and follow the rules he wins, do something stupid and have the play called back followed by throwing an interception and you get to sleep on that the rest of your life. This same type of shit is what has guys doing little ball flips before they have even scored and costs their team a TD. We will have to agree to disagree on this one but this type of thing in football always makes me smile. I was a do your job and shut the f up kind of guy, I never liked showboating and love it when players pay the price for doing it.

I think the other clip from this week where the dude starts extending his legs out and was called for high stepping was also a questionable call and that dude may have cost himself some national records. Just run and keep the ball protected until you cross the line...thats your job.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Kirk Gibson should have received the death penalty for his outragous on field behavior during the 1988 W/S.
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Yeah being a Christan school thats Bull Shit.

I beat if you get down to it, Its a racest thing.

keep all this up and its going to get boring.

And boring is not attractive to women. Well depending on your def. of boring. :lol:
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

For Gibson, it isn't part of the rules. I am not a baseball guy but it sure looks like he hit a homer...that being the case the play was essentually over other than running the bases and making sure you hit each one. If Gibson had raised both his arms early, the ball had not been hit out of the park and because he was celebrating he got thrown out, he would look as dumb as this kid who lost the game for his team instead of winning it. Gibson had completed his job and his celebration was within the rules.

Even if the official is racist as shit if the kid had kept his arm down he would have a tough time throwing the flag. If you watch the whole video it's the right call. Fist pump all you want AFTER you score. Even if you get a flag thrown then it's after the score and assessed on kickoff, points count. I have seen people do crap like this and lose the ball. Your job is to run the ball and keep it protected to get the points so your team wins the game.....He didn't do his job and cost his team the title, makes me smile :D

I see the game through the eyes of a lineman. In H.S. I never left the field so you get your name called out for sacks and tackles. When I went to college I was moved to offence only. An O-lineman is the most selfless position on the field. I understand why people feel the way they do about this kind of stuff but my life on the field was all about doing my job so that we win. No fashion, no celebrations, and hopefully never getting my name called over the loudspeaker...that just meant I got busted for something, usually holding.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

this pisses me off. its like we're raisingt a generation of xbox playing pussies!
If it were me I would have been humping the football and giving the cheerleaders the tongue and 2 fingers :lol: :lol:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

dannygraves wrote:If it were me I would have been humping the football and giving the cheerleaders the tongue and 3 fingers :lol: :lol:
:wink:
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

dannygraves wrote:this pisses me off. its like we're raisingt a generation of xbox playing pussies!
If it were me I would have been humping the football and giving the cheerleaders the tongue and 2 fingers :lol: :lol:
:rotfl:
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

While I can see both sides of the argument, I dont think this gesture should have had THAT kind of penalty. But I can definitely understand keeping things under control in such a harsh way, otherwise you'd have a bunch of Spear-Chuckin JungleBunnies out there rioting on the field when they scored :/
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

NightBiker07 wrote:.... otherwise you'd have a bunch of Spear-Chuckin JungleBunnies out there rioting on the field when they scored :/
I want that....

kschwantz

!!!

Post by kschwantz »

So you can't celebrate, cause it might hurt the delicate sensibilities of your opponent?

I hope MX doesn't go this route till I'm ready to go belly up.

Those professional team sports blow by the way.
Rhino89523

Re: !!!

Post by Rhino89523 »

kschwantz wrote:So you can't celebrate, cause it might hurt the delicate sensibilities of your opponent?

I hope MX doesn't go this route till I'm ready to go belly up.

Those professional team sports blow by the way.
You can celebrate after the play as a team, it just can't be a choreographed display. You can celebrate as much as you want after scoring a touchdown but if it is deemed excessive it will cost you 15 on the kickoff. You can celebrate on the way to a touchdown but it is going to cost you 15 from the point of the penality, meaning bring that shit back bitch haha!!

For me with that many rules around celebrations why fuck with it? Hand the ball to the official. You look like an ass celebrating before you have actually won anyway. After we win I will bang cheerleaders 3 at a time, dance on the bar, drink free drinks until the sun comes up and party like a rock star.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Re: !!!

Post by AlisoBob »

Rhino89523 wrote:After we win I will bang cheerleaders 3 at a time, dance on the bar, drink free drinks until the sun comes up and party like a rock star.

Football guys do get all the trim....

:cry:
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

That guy must be the kicker or something...shit even this big old O lineman did better than that, kind of looks like some mormon shit going on there. Over on this side of town it was more like a gallon of groovy lube, some plastic sheets, a purple sequence loin cloth, everyone covered in glitter and some chicks that definetly didn't have a strong father figure in their life......I wasn't trying to get married, just having fun living my life.

In all honesty I would have made a piece of shit Dad and Husband if I didn't get that kind of crap out of my system back then. Got that payback though having two daughters......
Last edited by Rhino89523 on December 13th, 2011, 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Rhino89523 wrote:That guy must be the kicker or something...shit even this big old O lineman did better than that, kind of looks like some mormon shit going on there.....
Just tryin' to keep things PG Rhino....

:wink:

Matt ( aka Sam.....)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By_SJfLa ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Hey.... football is pretty cool!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eJXc485 ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

I like the black guy at the end.... counting all the $$$$$ in his head as he rolls around on the ground.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... fl-wp14917

"Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch $10,000 for wearing cleats with pictures of Skittles on them...."

Football just gets gheyer and gheyer...

This is the 5th or so story like this this month alone...

:roll:
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

At :39 is he talking about the woman or the situation?
"that's a scary thing"
It doesn't look like they draw a big crowd

AlisoBob wrote:Hey.... football is pretty cool!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eJXc485 ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

I like the black guy at the end.... counting all the $$$$$ in his head as he rolls around on the ground.
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

AlisoBob wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... fl-wp14917

"Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch $10,000 for wearing cleats with pictures of Skittles on them...."

Football just gets gheyer and gheyer...

This is the 5th or so story like this this month alone...

:roll:
The funny thing is that skittles probably paid him $50k
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

He got a $10k fine for the skittles..... some other guy did a helmet to helmet late hit on a guy giving him a severe concussion....
just a $8k fine.

Shows you where the NFL is really focusing....