RP Crashed

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
pstoffers

RP Crashed

Post by pstoffers »

For all of you that don't know yet Robie crashed out at Milestone MX over the weekend and is now at Arrowhead Regional Hospital recovering. He does not remember going riding at all but the doc said he went over the bars off a jump at 30-35mph and landed on his head and right side. He fractured 3 Ribs and his Scapula, and was knocked unconscious for three minutes. He has some spots and swelling on his brain which is causing some short term memory loss but the docs say he will pull out of it just fine. I was able to see him last night and he's still working out the cobwebs from the crash. His long term memory is great but his short term is still pretty bad but getting better. They moved him out of ICU last night which is a good sign. Hes keeping everyone laughing with his funny stories and the staff on their toes ripping out his IV's and even his chest tube!! We are trying to keep visitors to a minimum because of his condition but we will let everyone know when its ok to come down and visit. Please keep him in your prayers, we all hope he will pull out of this sooner then later and be able to come home and fully recover with his family and friends. -The Peterson Family

NAHA PRO HILLCLIMBER #216
LIVIN THE DREAM!!!

NOTHING BUT GREEN LABEL BLENDZALL!!!

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/P ... /Home.aspx
http://www.pro-hillclimbers.org/
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Wow

Heal well RP!
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

WHEN WILL 2011 END!!!!!

Hope you heal quick RP!!!

:wink:
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

Good grief! Was it just a bad weekend everywhere?
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

Dude, you gotta stop rattling that noggin :shock:
Hope you heal up soon!
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Man 2011 is a hard year, heal up quick bro
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

Hope you have a speedy recovery RP!

IDK what floor you're on, but its a trip being in that hospital with all the convicts chained to their beds. Its a decent hospital though.
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

AlisoBob wrote:WHEN WILL 2011 END!!!!!

Hope you heal quick RP!!!

X 2 big time!!!
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

glad to hear that you will be alright, heal up fast. chances are you will never remember the actual impact. My daughter landed on her head, she's missing about 20 seconds before the hit and a couple minutes after.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

From Sonja Munsterman Peterson:

"Hey everyone, I'm doing good and thank you for all the support. Robie will hopefully be moving to Tustin today to be admitted to an inpatient rehab hospital to work on his injuries and help him to walk on his own again and help with his memory. Thanks again Bob, Jack, and all of Robie's friends at Banned..

:) "
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Sonja says....

"Thank you everyone for all the prayers, kind words, and thoughts. When Robie is awake I will read each and everyone to him."

Get on it Hoons........
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

I kinda feel funny posting sometimes because I don't really "know" you guys but, in a way I do.
When I do post it's genuine.
So, with that I hope you recover 100 percent so some of these guys on here can have a chance to teach you how to ride. :lol:
Best wishes man.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Hi everyone, its Sonja.....just a brief update about Robie. He is progressing a little everyday in the hospital which is a good thing. If it continues he will be moving on to an outpatient program. It will be the Dr's decision when this will happen. The outpatient program will be 5 days a week and will be 8 hours a day. I will keep everyone posted when he is coming home. Again I understand everyone wants to visit and call, but right now Robie is still healing his broken bones and most important working on healing his head injury and at this point we don't know how long that will take. Anyone who knows RP knows he is very strong and deterermined.
Thank you everyone for all the prayers, thoughts, and kindness. I tell Robie everyday who has called or wrote, etc.
Again thanks for all the love, Sonja
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

Good to hear he is progressing. Hope he heals up fast!!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

From my friend Kelly....

"....believe me... I was prepared for the worst when I first was with him....you wouldnt even know he had the injury unless you were doing short term memory stuff with him...he repeats himself a lot..but thats to be expected. He' fully awake and alert.. the same ol' Robie. I will see him again this weekend and will give him your best wishes and everyone from your CR500 site too."

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
arleybeer40

Post by arleybeer40 »

Man that sucks. Praying for a speedy and full recovery.
Brit must be gay because he always says hes gonna have a fag
rpeterson

Thank You!

Post by rpeterson »

I appreciate all the comments, they mean a lot from you guys. I just got home a few days ago from the second hospital and its pretty hectic. I keep going back to Arrowhead to see the neurologist because I have some swelling on my brain and I'm seeing double vision of things. I had a punctured lung, 3 broken ribs and a broken shoulder blade thats healing really good. I'm in a out patient program the next 10 days in Villa Park to get me back to where I need to be and then be evaluated. I had Micky Dymond come by and speak with me for a while because he has had a similar head injury and it helped me quite a bit. I just gotta take it day by day is what everyone is telling me (easier said then done). I'm somewhat young, so I should heal up within a couple of months. Hopefully :?. If it wasn't for my wife I wouldn't be where I am right now, shes been incredible. I don't remember any of the first hospital, my crash, or even driving to Milestone after Pala to practice. The last thing I remember I was going to Pala to turn some laps, it was closed and woke up at the second hospital in Tustin. Its my 3rd concussion in 32 years of riding, its definately the gnarliest get off I have had. Just wanted to fill you guys in on whats going on, thanks for all the love. Appreciate the use of the site, hope everyone has a safe and killer ride. Looks really good in So Cal after the rain.

Take Care,

RP4 :D
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

We are all behind you R/P..... 110%.

And we all thank Sonja too.... behind every good man is a even better woman.

You'll get there R/P..... Just takes some time and hard work.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Such a great site, really good people here. Hoping for a speedy and full recovery.
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

Get well man! And yes, riding conditions are lookin ideal bout now! :cool:
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

Rhino89523 wrote:Such a great site, really good people here.

Bah! Nothing but a bunch of misfits and rejects here. Just ask around.

Hope you get healed up quickly RP!
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
freeride588

Post by freeride588 »

Hey Robie i hope your recovery goes well and your back riding soon. I was in a bad car accident about 3 years ago and had pretty decent head trauma, "swelling of the brain, memory loss, motor fuction was not so good for awhile. Anyways what im saying is hang in there it will get better you will start remembering things again and it wont be so hard to do day to day things. From this thread its obvious you have alot of people that care about you and thats good because my family helped alot and made remembering things easier. I dont know you at all but i know what you are going through right now and bottom line is keep it positive and you will be back in no time. Best wishes to you and your family.
Kevin
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

MojoScojo wrote:
Rhino89523 wrote:Such a great site, really good people here.

Bah! Nothing but a bunch of misfits and rejects here. Just ask around.

Baaaaaaaaaaaa............Baa... Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

There is the latest update on Robie Peterson:

Robie came home on Monday afternoon. He has had several follow ups with doctors this past week. Dr's say the broken bones and severe abrasion on his arm are going to heal just fine.
I have found an out patient program called, Wind Ways, they work with people who have brain injuries.
Robie has a lot of swelling in the brain and some blood spots and at this point doctors are saying it might take 2 or 3 months for the swelling to go down. This time is crucial for him. Robie is dealing with alot right now but he is becoming more and more positive and is so determined. He is under 24/7 care at home with me, but the more I let him do the happier he is.
He is walking with a cane and has already told me he is" going to chuck the thing so far" when he can walk with out it:)
Tomorrow he will start the rehab progam full time, eight hours a day.
Last week he was there only 2 day and they tell me he is doing so good.
Robie and I appreciate all the kind thoughts, words, and the offers to help up both.
Nothing but love,
Robie and Sonja

Thanks for taking such good care of him Sonja.... your a angel.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Britincali on Facebook wrote:Look after a our boy ! Don't forget bed baths and handjobs are a nurses #1 priority