Diesel Smog?

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
bgraley

Diesel Smog?

Post by bgraley »

Hey all you in CA with diesel trucks, have you been through the smog process with your trucks? Did the bill ever go through? Is it anything to worry about? I am looking at a Ford 6.0 and just stumbled uppon some smog stuff and wanted some trustworthy advice... thanks
Brian
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

It's just Bull Shit to get more $ for government spending.
They just hooked mine up to an OBD2 cable and open the hod and stand there like they know what they are looking for. basically if you show any codes you fail, no codes, you pass.
I have 4" exhaust from turbo to tail and aftermarket air filter. I have a tunner that I am able to take it back to stock prior to the test. I didn't have a problem except forking out the doe.
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

I have to do it in Oct. Will be removing my CCV and reverting the tune to stock for the test. Just another revenue generator for the peoples' republic. :twisted:
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

bgraley

Post by bgraley »

Ok cool, so not really a big deal... I am just wanting to be educated before i get into this big purchace.
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

bgraley wrote:Ok cool, so not really a big deal... I am just wanting to be educated before i get into this big purchace.
whats done to it? what year?
bgraley

Post by bgraley »

It's an 05 F350 dually. 43000 miles. I think it is all stock. no programers. i want to add an exhaust though.
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

bgraley wrote:It's an 05 F350 dually. 43000 miles. I think it is all stock. no programers. i want to add an exhaust though.
Low miles! Be sure to do your homework on it. 05/06 is the best 6.0 - but it's still a 6.0 - they got most of the bugs ironed out by then, but there are some necessary fixes that should be implemented to make it reliable. ford-trucks.com is a pretty good forum to poke around in.

blownbillybob

Post by blownbillybob »

My buddy was telling me about the fords I forget what year he said but to do any major engine work you have to pull the hole cab off the frame??????????????

What da fuk!!!!!!

They can keep dem fords I'll stick with chev!!!!!!!
00'cr500 trailclimber
93'cr500 beater
92'cr500 hillclimber
08,KTM SR500r hillclimber (conv)
89'cr 500 bent frame
04'crf230(wifeys)
02' cr125(sons)
02,pro jr 50 open exh. hill climber(sons)
02'sx65(sons)
03'xr50(sons)
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

My truck they have to pull the cab 08.
thats a nice truck Brian
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
bgraley

Post by bgraley »

Thanks Jay! I'll try and get some pics up tonight when i get home... maybe not, we are taking out with the camper for a try out trip tomorrow and saturday. I have a lot of work to get done before then. the cr is almost done getting the rebuild and the camper needs a bit more work.

The truck has a utility bed that i am wanting to switch with a standard bed. if anybody knows of a place where i can look to take care of that, let me know. also if you are interested in a bed for a 350 dually let me know. it is nice, little bit of rust though.
kdizzle

Post by kdizzle »

Fuck out here in arizona they throw your Diesel on the rollers put it in gear and pin that fucker till the rev limiter kicks in and hold it there :shock: :shock: first time i saw it i was like WTF are you doing to my truck you asshole! held it at rev limit for 1 min while the sniffer was testing "opacity" :roll:

Bunch of bullshit out here. Maricopa County sucks. You even have to smog your croth rockets here..
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

Wow :shock:

I thought CA was bad! Never knew AZ had to deal with that BS!
Widow Maker

Post by Widow Maker »

Phuck 'em!

'86 Honda CR500R - restored
'90 Honda CR500R - plated woods weapon
'97 Honda CR500R - plated supermoto
'02 Suzuki Bandit 1200N
'06 Yamaha YZ85
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

Fuck out here in arizona they throw your Diesel on the rollers put it in gear and pin that fucker till the rev limiter kicks in and hold it there
if someone did that to my $900 truck theyd be lucky to only be missing teeth....

maybe you guys can rig the throttle to only open 1/4 ways
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

if someone did that to my $900 truck...

Shit, for $900, I'd buy another two trucks for backup! :lol:

kdizzle

Post by kdizzle »

Widow Maker wrote:Phuck 'em!

Nice shot. I should have my tunes sometime soon.. and next time i go in there im going to leave the smoke tune on and fumigate the entire facility. :shock:
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

that would be great, be sure to bring a video camera.
arleybeer40

Post by arleybeer40 »

Thought i was gona have have to do it this year, but got my renewal in march and no smog test. Proably have to do it next year. I've heard there starting with even years then going to odd number years, mines an 03.
Brit must be gay because he always says hes gonna have a fag