Ford LSD

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
britincali

Ford LSD

Post by britincali »

My limited slip is no longer limited, its just slipping :cry: I did a big ole pegleg burnout outside work yesterday :cry: :cry: :cry:

I can get a clutch rebuild kit from ford for $100 and it'll probably cost me a 24 pack for one of the techs to slap it in. I really want a detrot locker but $350 aint in my budget rite now.

Anyone have any experience or know how with these things? Is there a cheaper fix i.e stronger springs or shim the clutches?

Do you have to remove the gears to replace the clutches?
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

I run a detroit locker, the cost of 350 is only part of it. Unless you can do gear setup, you will need to pay to have it done. If you pull the axle, or third member yourself, you will save money though. As for the limited slip, not sure if removing the gear is needed, but that is easy anyway, it's the re-setup that is technical to some xtent.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Re: Ford LSD

Post by AlisoBob »

britincali wrote: Is there a cheaper fix

:roll:
britincali

Re: Ford LSD

Post by britincali »

AlisoBob wrote:
britincali wrote: Is there a cheaper fix

:roll:

Dude I am so broke rite now it aint even funny, this has been the worst 2 months for me in the last 8 years..... (and I have more bills than I did 8 yrs ago)
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

You could drain the axle lube and add new stuff, and a friction modifyer. That might give you some added life to your exsisting clutches. And yes, you can sometimes add to the clutch pack to make it grab harder, not sure if it is shims or springs though.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!